Servers/Assisstant Servers/Headwaiters

TinkerBellPixie4GOAL

<font color=red>Bludgers...nasty little buggers, b
Hello! Before all my cruises I usual check who other people had for their dining staff. Last cruise I got someone I had heard of and they were more than pleased to hear they got a good report. I figured I could start a thread where everyone can post who they had and comments about them. That way YOU can make a CM's day.

Also, so people can find out what's happening with their old servers: If they've been promoted and stuff like that.

My first cruise I had Subash (India) for my server, German (pronounced Herman, not sure where from) for my Assisstant server, and Maclean (India) for my head waiter.

My second cruise I had Sanjeev (India) for my server, Elena (Italy) for my Assisstant server, and Maclean (India) again for my head waiter.

All FIVE of these people were excellent. Subash and Sanjeev always made sure that we knew which meal was their favorite and they never pushed us about the survey. Elena and German always refilled our glasses before we had to ask. Elena was especially great. She memorized what each of us had wanted by the third night and had it ready for us when we entered the dining room.

Has anyone heard of these CMs? If so please tell us how they are doing. If not, please tell us of your dining staff.

If anyone ever has any of these people please give them the best of luck!

Sanjeev was our Server on Magic 5/17- 24. We were in a large wedding party and he was so attentive to each table in our party. He told us his wife is expecting a baby soon (maybe the first child?) and he will go home to India to be with her for a while. His assistant, Prageeth, also from India, was said to be promoting to another position. I believe at Topsiders. They were great with my grandson who was 3 and the only child at our tables, also took care of some of our party who became sea sick and needed their food sent to the room. Head server , John Cunningham, of Scotland was everywhere!! Really Paid attention to each person in the dining room. How do they do it??

We had Maclean as our head server on the 5/10 Western and he was great. We had Sylvester (from India) as our server and Joel (from the Phillipines) as asst. server. They were fantastic! A truly great pair!

Does anyone know if Felis Kose (Phillis) or Godwin are still on the Magic? We had them last year and they were excellent. We've requested Felis again this year. Has anyone ever requested a server? Does Disney honor the request?

We have had Gabby from India, Navneet from India and Glenn from the Phillipines, with Zouhaier as head waiter. Any recent cruisers have these CM. We are cruising Aug2 and would love to have them again if they are still on the Magic. beth

Botrh my husband and told him on the last night we would see him again as a head waiter.on our next cruise. He said "from your lips to God's ear. I am so happy he was promoted.

Now I wonder if we can request him as our head waiter.

Maclean is THE best head server! He has a great personality -professional and charming! I know we will have him again since I will be asking for him and his crew (Giorgio - do you hear me?!)

Rae

Feliz, from Turkey is still on the Magic. She is wonderful! She was our Assistant Server last year and was great. We saw her at Topsiders last month.
Our server on our last cruise was Darko, from Croatia. He was the BEST server on ANY cruise we've ever been on. He was wonderful to the three young girls at our table...and to this big kid, too! He did tricks for the kids, and adults. Unfortunately, for us he was headed back to Croatia to go to college. I'm happy for him, but sad for us. He was the best! DCL will miss him.

Hi Pluto's Pup - Darko was our server on our Feb. 8th eastern cruise this year. I agree he was the very best!!! Antonio was his assistant server and I think he was in line to get a promotion to server... May 31st was going to be Darko's last cruise. We will definitely miss him but plan to ask for Antonio when we go back next year!!
I agree Darko's card tricks were great - our daughter still does them for her friends and family...

Last year on our first cruise we had Dali from India as our server and Sudama From Indonesia (i think) as our asst server. They were wonderful...really enjoyed them both. Humberto was the Headwaiter guy...did not care for him....only really saw him for his tip!
This year we had Gemma from England as server and Andras (can't remember where he was from) they were also very good. Both were very sweet and great with our large group of kids (14).
Kayhan was the Head Server and he was great...very hard worker.
But our favorite was Kadir, from Turkey, who worked up on deck serving drinks...he was the BEST!!!!! Gave us a walkie talkie to reach him if we needed anything and brought his cooler up to the Quiet Cove pool area and kept it filled with beer and ice for those in our group who wanted. We were a goup of 13 adults and 14 kids/teens.

Yes, we've had Humberto twice as a head waiter. I agree, we didn't care for him much either. The whole week, he stopped by once for an instant to see how things were going.

Don't feel alone in this. We do know that the Head Servers had a lot of responsibility and duties that we don't see from our seating area. BUT they are required to introduce themselves and make themselves available to us readily. (At least that's what I have been told by servers)

We had a head server on our Wonder cruise that was totally ignored our table until the last night then he was "fawning" all over us. I don't expect to have his constant attention, that would be ridiculous - but a courtesy hello at the beginning of the cruise and a quick stopby sometime before the "tip night" would have meant the difference between the recommended tip and a more generous one.

Yes, I did make note of it on the comment card. He asked for us to let them know we had "excellent" service and we did from the assistant and the server, but he rated only a fair/good in our estimates.

Rae

Last week on the Magic, we had Erwin (Jamaica) and Mario (Phillipines). They were OK. We have had better service on previous cruises. They weren't bad, but they just didn't have that "spark". Also, they had this HUGE table of adults and kids to serve the same time we were there every night, and that kept them very busy.

On our Eastern cruise in 2001, we had Zoltan (East Europe) and Danny (Phillipines) and they were GREAT.

Previous to that, we had Beatrice (French Riviera) and Ravi (India) -- but they may be long gone, cause that was in the inaugural sailing back in 1998!!! They were great!

Originally posted by WDWLVR
We had Maclean as our head server on the 5/10 Western and he was great. We had Sylvester (from India) as our server and Joel (from the Phillipines) as asst. server. They were fantastic! A truly great pair!

WDWLVR - when did you have Sylvester & Joel?

We just sailed on the 5/24 & also had them as our server & asst server. We absolutely loved Sylvester. His magic tricks were the best! He also mentioned that we could ask to sit at his table next year, which is something I want to do. Has anyone tried to do this?

Finally, if anyone has them, please tell Sylvester that Leslie, William & Josh say hi.:Pinkbounc

Our favorite server is leaving the Magic but we have asked for him during the Embarkation Dining Room Reservation Changes and received him previously.

Just remember that they will do everything they can to accomodate you but sometimes it's going to be an unavailable spot - just smile and ask politely and you might find the Magic!

I love having servers that were truly EXCELLENT previously - makes for very wonderful dining!

Rae

Yes, Godwin is still on the Magic. I thought he was wonderful until the last night when he asked how are families knew each other. I started to explain that it was my sister and her family and he said, "I don't believe you are sisters! She's so skinny and you're chubby!" It's a good thing we paid him his tip the night before or I swear he wouldn't have gotten a dime from me. I just lost 35 lbs for the cruise and was feeling great. It put everyone at our table in a sour mood.

Weight isn't viewed as something negative or positive by many cultures, it's just a fact like hair or eye color.

I know I'd be upset if I lost so much weight and was told that also, but I really don't think he meant it as a mean or negative remark.

Rae

Hi cklave.

I started to explain that it was my sister and her family and he said, "I don't believe you are sisters! She's so skinny and you're chubby!" It's a good thing we paid him his tip the night before or I swear he wouldn't have gotten a dime from me. I just lost 35 lbs for the cruise and was feeling great.

A similar experience was noted on these boards about 6-months ago. As Rae said, the gentleman meant no disrespect. He grew up in a culture offering different guidelines in the social graces.

Recent cruisers-who did you have for your head waiter and servers--? Does anyone keep in touch with their servers? Does the crew have email on the Magic? We're going in Aug and wonder if we should request someone-the CM can make such a big difference. On our first cruise our asst server was only going to be on a few more weeks and she was just going through the motions-she said she was homesick-I can't blame her- but I felt cheated reading all the amazing posts here.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter