Sequoia Lodge FAQ & Information Thread

Hi Bonnie,

I think it depends on what you want from your trip and who you are travelling with. When I went last Feb it was very cold and it was bliss not having to wrap up to go to breakfast / the shop / the bar, or even better not having to wrap up to return from the bar :teeth: Also great not to have to wrap up my 2 DDs in all their coats, hats, scarves, gloves etc.

It only cost us something minimal like £5 per night so it was definitely worth doing. Not sure I'd be so worried in more temperate weather though ;)

I guess it's down to that old adage: location, location, location :teeth:

HTH

Karen

Also the Montana rooms have a mini-bar and the standard ones don't. I agree with Karen that it's definitely worth the extra in the winter. But in the summer it's probably very pleasant walking through the grounds to your room.

Ahh okay. :) Well it'll just be me and my girlfriend, and we'll be going in summer, so I don't think it'll be a problem after all. I can't see us using a minibar either so I'm sure the outdoor lodges will be fine!

Thanks!

:sad2: A great posting. I stayed at the Sequoia last time I went and really liked the theming of this hotel. It was just near enough to the parks for a pleasant 'warm up' walk first thing in the morning and not too far for the end of day stagger back :rotfl2:

Trouble is, it makes me sad! :sad2:

I'm saving furiously for a new computer at the moment :badpc: :badpc: :charac2: :sad: and until I've sorted that out I can't afford to go back to DLP. :sad: :sad: :sad: :badpc:

Its taking soooooo long :hourglass

Perhaps I could try.... :teleport: ? What do you think?

NIK
Perhaps I could try.... :teleport: ? What do you think?

If you work out how to do this Nik, please share the secret!! It would make trips even more affordable ;)

richard3330 said:
Becky, I contacted Disney and you are indeed correct. I had read on a website about this (and heard from a neighbour!) and it is not correct anymore :(

This is what I was told -

"The hotel fastpasses were intially available to all guests - regardless of their chosen Disneyland Resort Paris hotel. This proved problematic, as too many people were using the fastpass line - so it has now been restricted to Hotel New York, The Disneyland Hotel & Newport Bay Club (Admiral's Floor).

what do you mean by that? the VIP Fastpasses you get when staying at a suite?.

You still can get fastpasses at the atractions itself.

Greets Renate :wizard:

richard3330 said:
Becky, I contacted Disney and you are indeed correct. I had read on a website about this (and heard from a neighbour!) and it is not correct anymore :(

This is what I was told -

"The hotel fastpasses were intially available to all guests - regardless of their chosen Disneyland Resort Paris hotel. This proved problematic, as too many people were using the fastpass line - so it has now been restricted to Hotel New York, The Disneyland Hotel & Newport Bay Club (Admiral's Floor).

Apparently it is also mentioned on "page 23 of the Spring/Summer 2005" brochure (I don't have it so cannot check).

Sorry for the confusion :(

Richard.

I've just gone back and re read this posting. That's not very good is it, considering how much they charge to stay in Disney hotels. I'd have thought that fastpasses should be available to all who stay 'on site' Not too happy about that. With me having a disability queuing is a real nightmare - I shall not be going back to the Stunt Show in the Studios park for just that reason. Queing was an utter nightmare - I think I spent longer in the queue than watching the show! :rolleyes1

I guess the problem might have been Nik, that it resulted in very little FPs being left for offsite visitors at all?

I'm only guessing. It would be a wonderful perk to have though :)

I thought the fastpasses were only for those who stayed on site anyway?

Yes, even annual passport holders just need to put their pass in fastpass machine - thankfully :)

Reid

This is what the brochure says:
Under heading of:
EXCLUSIVE PRIVILEGES FOR GUESTS AT DISNEY HOTELS:
*Disney Hotel FASTPASS: 3 opportunities per person, giving you faster entry at your choice of time, on some of your favourite FASTPASS attractions.

*Available to guests staying at the Disneyland Hotel, Disney's Hotel New York and Admiral's Floor at Newport Bay Club.

.........................................................................................................

Under heading of:
DISNEY HOTEL SUITES
...........why not choose one of the suites at the Disneyland Hotel, Hotel New York, Newport Bay Club or Sequoia Lodge and benefit from even more advantages:
*VIP FASTPASS - an exclusive card per person, providing you with immediate FASTPASS acccess to all FASTPASS attractions. Choose your time! ::MickeyMo

2 questions
Does anyone know what rides the Disney Hotel FASTPASS can be used for ?
How many FASTPASSES can you have in a day,using your park ticket ?

Thanks in advance. :earsgirl:

I think it's really going to be trial and error re the fastpass if you're staying at the Sequoia. Perhaps any intrepid visitor going in the near future could let us know?

We will be able to tell you after our visit in a few months!Unless some one beats us to it!!;)Wifey

Can anyone verify that there are still laundry facilities for use by guests at the Sequoia Lodge?

Not that I know of (there are some at Hotel Cheyenne though).

Hello All,
Can anyone give me advice as to the Montana rooms ? I understand they have minibars, but do they have a kettle etc. for tea and coffee ?
2 Caffeine freaks and one 4 yr old,so should I take travel kettle, cups etc?

Any tips or advice that would make our trip that bit more special would be greatly appreciated.

We will be there from the 20th of Nov for 4 days.

Happy Halloween to you all.
:cloud9: :stir: :surfweb:

What is the play area like? I know you will probably think the question strange but my little girl loves swings and things. :lmao: Does anyone have photos?

Hi, We stayed at the Sequoia lodge for the second time (Nov last year and July this year). There is no outdoor play area, but there is a small indoor area with t.v. colouring sheets, blocks etc. My daughter aged 4 loved it. It is right next to the stage area where the characters regularly appear. There is also a little play table in the restauraunt. The rooms dont have tea and coffee facilities but you can get supplies via the shop / concierge for a small charge. The last piece of advice I have for anyone staying in the resort, take supplies of paracetemol for the adults and Calpol for the little ones as you cannot buy it anywhere in the resort or hotels. The first aid bays are really excellent but you have to ask as they are not well signposted and are tucked away out of sight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!