• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

September/October 2013 check in

trying not to look @ qantas site till we get back from the us ..hopefully ANZ will match Qantas with the dates and fare $$$ by the time we get back.......

australiankaren said:
oh god...not united....I think I'd rather buy an inflatable canoe and paddle my way to LA than do united again.....:stir:

Bwahahaha! Well it sure would be cheaper and the in canoe entertainment system would be more entertaining too!

oh god...not united....I think I'd rather buy an inflatable canoe and paddle my way to LA than do united again.....:stir:

:rotfl:

We flew United in another lifetime. At that time the in-flight entertainment wasnt an option, but hubby just reminded me that all the hosties were old. Not the usual pretty young girl all the other airlines have.

We probably wouldn't go to the States if we had to fly United. Couldn't deal with 2 little boys and one big boy for 14 hours without personal in-flight entertainment!

Great that you got your flights booked PIO! :cool1:

We also flew United several years ago (got upgraded to their economy plus seats, but they are nothing very special!) but would never fly with them now, no entertainment on board is boring! Though I've been told that they are introducing something this year so that if you have an ipad, they give you a code so you can hook into the business and first class entertainment systems. And Aussie Shaz, you're so right, their air hostesses are old and nasty! Not like ANZ, who are extremely friendly and easy going.

Following on from the thread on the main DL board, I am still confused about photopass +. Last time, we used the photo pass and bought the CD on our last day at DL, so never had to login/register to an online account. Sounds like it's a bit different now, with the addition of rides and character meals...does the 14 day expiry just mean we have the 14 days of our visit to use the photopass +? Then we would still have an additional 16 days to get home and login/register to the online account and put on all the photos (which I take it is done simply by putting in a long barcode type number?) And then we have another 30 days to edit the photos and either directly download them or order a CD? What is the advantage in ordering the CD (as you have to pay an additional postage cost I think, so I was thinking that just downloading them would be best)? Do I have this all right, or can someone please clarify it for me? :confused3

Great that you got your flights booked PIO! :cool1:

We also flew United several years ago (got upgraded to their economy plus seats, but they are nothing very special!) but would never fly with them now, no entertainment on board is boring! Though I've been told that they are introducing something this year so that if you have an ipad, they give you a code so you can hook into the business and first class entertainment systems. And Aussie Shaz, you're so right, their air hostesses are old and nasty! Not like ANZ, who are extremely friendly and easy going.

Following on from the thread on the main DL board, I am still confused about photopass +. Last time, we used the photo pass and bought the CD on our last day at DL, so never had to login/register to an online account. Sounds like it's a bit different now, with the addition of rides and character meals...does the 14 day expiry just mean we have the 14 days of our visit to use the photopass +? Then we would still have an additional 16 days to get home and login/register to the online account and put on all the photos (which I take it is done simply by putting in a long barcode type number?) And then we have another 30 days to edit the photos and either directly download them or order a CD? What is the advantage in ordering the CD (as you have to pay an additional postage cost I think, so I was thinking that just downloading them would be best)? Do I have this all right, or can someone please clarify it for me? :confused3

From time to time, Disney offer a prepay special on their PP or PPP. In general I think it ends up being $50 cheaper; hence the incentive to buy it early.

When you prepay, you will be sent a package with an account code or something similar. I can't specifically remember as it has been a few years since I've bought a prepaid PP. When you log into your account and enter the code, the prepaid amount will show up against your account. You should also be sent one of those cards that the photographers hand out. Take the card with you and give it to the photographers to scan when they take your picture and those pictures will be loaded on your account. If you forget, it doesn't matter as they will give you a card anyway. Keep the card and when you come home, just load the card number against your account and the pictures will be associated to your account.

You would then get the photographers to take pictures as normal at WDW. With the PPP option, you also get most if not all of the pictures taken on rides and at some character meals. When you consider that most of those pictures are now $10 or $15 per print, it does add up to value for money if you're the type to want these shots.

When you come home, you should have 30 days to edit your shots. You can add borders, signatures, determine print size etc...to your pictures. If you save them all as individual files, every file you have against your account will be downloaded on the CD and sent to you.
I assume from your comment that you can get Disney to do this for you at the photoshops in the parks. Yes.....you can do this and save on the postage; but you probably won't have time to add the funky borders and signatures.

Hope this helps.

Thanks PIO, I thought it would work pretty much the same as the regular photopass. We didn't edit or put pretty borders around our photos last time, but might this time (if we can't get the CD on site anyway). Can you still do this editing stuff and just do the download option (rather than cd)?

So the only thing now that is still confusing me is this 14 day expiry thing. If we have to load the photos onto our account within 14 days, I don't think it would work out for us (as we will still be at DL during this time, and I wasn't intending on using my ipad much, especially as I hear that the free wifi is often unreliable). However, if we have 30 days, so an extra 16 days after we leave DL, then we can do it.

Thanks PIO, I thought it would work pretty much the same as the regular photopass. We didn't edit or put pretty borders around our photos last time, but might this time (if we can't get the CD on site anyway). Can you still do this editing stuff and just do the download option (rather than cd)?

So the only thing now that is still confusing me is this 14 day expiry thing. If we have to load the photos onto our account within 14 days, I don't think it would work out for us (as we will still be at DL during this time, and I wasn't intending on using my ipad much, especially as I hear that the free wifi is often unreliable). However, if we have 30 days, so an extra 16 days after we leave DL, then we can do it.

I thought you had 30 days to claim your pictures? And after you claim your pictures i.e., they are loaded against your account, you have another 30 days to make your edits.

Has the rules changed to 14 days expiry???

ETA - And I haven't checked. You might want to check the resolution of the files provided on CD cf downloading. It may make a difference if you want to enlarge and print.

Someone replied on the other thread, confirming what I thought was correct. They probably explained it better!

We are also at the parks for 14 days, so will use it every day. We will then have another 16 days until we have to claim those photos. Once they're in our account, we will have another 30 days to edit and order. Plenty of time.

When we went last time we took the laptop, edited the photos at the Grand canyon, ordered the CD to be delivered, and it was here when we arrived home.

I believe there is no difference in ordering the CD or downloading the photos. Only you have to pay for postage of the CD. I'll probably download this time and save on postage.

I thought you had 30 days to claim your pictures? And after you claim your pictures i.e., they are loaded against your account, you have another 30 days to make your edits.

Has the rules changed to 14 days expiry???

ETA - And I haven't checked. You might want to check the resolution of the files provided on CD cf downloading. It may make a difference if you want to enlarge and print.

The 14 day thing is that you can get the extras for the Photopass Plus (the ride and meal photos) included only for a 14 day period. You can continue to use the normal Photopass for up to 30 days.

You are correct in 30 days to claim, then 30 days to order.

Good point about CD and download. I'll check that out. Thanks

Omg

omg

o.m.g !!!

We are Booked!!!

After a false start waiting for the rest of my touring party to get on board, we (Me, DW, DS9, DD8) are good to go.
Still waiting for the other three dwarves to confirm their flights.

We arrive in L.A on Friday Sept 13 and
depart late on the 26th with most of the time staying at the Disneyland Resort.

Super excited!:cheer2:

Dean

Someone replied on the other thread, confirming what I thought was correct. They probably explained it better!

We are also at the parks for 14 days, so will use it every day. We will then have another 16 days until we have to claim those photos. Once they're in our account, we will have another 30 days to edit and order. Plenty of time.

When we went last time we took the laptop, edited the photos at the Grand canyon, ordered the CD to be delivered, and it was here when we arrived home.

I believe there is no difference in ordering the CD or downloading the photos. Only you have to pay for postage of the CD. I'll probably download this time and save on postage.

Ah, ok. So it is what I thought (and hoped)! Just the mention of the 14 day thing confused me! But I guess it's only a problem if you go for more than 14 days (and even we're not that addicted ;))

I read another thread, somewhere else, where Disney recommend not to buy it more than 6 months out (not sure why though), so I will probably wait until March then before I order it (unless I hear rumours that the price is increasing! :rotfl:)

We are Booked!!!

After a false start waiting for the rest of my touring party to get on board, we (Me, DW, DS9, DD8) are good to go.

Dean

Fantastic (don't ya just hate having to wait for others to make up their minds?!)

We are Booked!!!

Dean

I'll wave to you in the Arrivals Hall. Have you worked out where you're going to stay?

I am starting to look at airport - hotel transfers. I need it (return) in San Fran, (one way - airport to hotel) in Vegas, and (one way - GCH to LAX) in Anaheim. We will probably just get 2 cabs in Vegas as I think that will work out cheapest. With the others, some sort of shuttle or even limo service might be best as there are 6 of us, with 6 suitcases plus carry on bags.

Any recommendations?

(We have used DLR express previously, but it is more economical when using it as a return service, not so much for one way).

Can't help there as we've always had a car.

Do read up on the Las Vegas forum (but DO NOT mention if you are taking kids!) about taxis to/from the airport. Something about some drivers taking you the long way, therefore costing a lot more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter