September/Oct 1 2021 DISmeet WDW 50th

Day 3 MK Evening

So an interesting thing that happened today. This morning when we boarded the boat to MK (one of the friendship boats), they told us masks were no longer required on the boats. Well when we came back for our afternoon break, apparently they got a rule change again and now you have to wear masks “inside” the boat but not if you are sitting “outside” on the bow or stern. :confused3

For those that hadn’t heard. They already installed stairs to be able to board the second level of the ferry boats between MK and TT center. We saw another set being constructed this afternoon by the Contemporary on a barge to be installed later

We went back over to MK this evening. We road pirates again then got some corn dog nuggets from Casey’s Corner. Found a spot at the end of Main Street and watched happily ever after. I held my wife close as I always do and thanked the Lord for another chance to experience those fireworks and being at Disney.

Got back to the campsite and hung out with @tigger92662 and his DW. Had quite a few people drive by to see the decorations. Sarah from one of the other Disney camping groups stoped by and we chatted with her for quite a bit. Had a great time visiting. The weather has been amazing and the bugs not bad at all. Couldn’t have asked for a better week so far.

Animal Kingdom tomorrow morning. As I write this I can hear them testing the new fireworks show again. I wish I had realized it and would have driven down to the beach to watch.

Last edited:
Just a reminder for anyone here, we will have snacks available at our site around 6:30 this evening if you have time to swing by.

Last edited:

Catch up time. Yesterday was Epcot for Food and Wine
Shrimp from Australia
20210927_133912_copy_490x449.jpg
Cheddar cheese soup from Canada
20210927_134426_copy_490x453.jpg
Teriyaki chicken bun with lemon drinky
20210927_143200_copy_490x586.jpg
Today was Hollywood Studios. Crowds were very low, most wait times wwre

Day 4 AK & MK

We started off our day yesterday with all the new Fort 50th merch I had shared. From there it was off to AK for a bit. As usual AK was hotter than the surface of the sun so we didn’t stay long. It was dead though from a crowd perspective. Waited only 20 minutes for Flight of Passage (which most of that was walking the queue) and no wait for Everest. They are still doing the flotillas.

We didn’t stay there long and came back to the Fort. Caught up with @tigger92662 and went back over to MK since we had gotten word the Confectionery opened a day early.

There was a film crew out front. We have no clue who these people are but they ended up filming them walking all the way down Main Street. To be honest, I just want to go sit at MK every day to watch everything going on.

They did a really good job on the remodel of the confectionery. The hat store has been moved to the building where the Mickey meet and greet was and that area is now a part of the Confectionery and is a custom popcorn store called the Kernel Kitchen

You pick your type of popcorn, syrup, and any candy add ins you want.

The Confectionery was full of managers and CM’s. Everyone was incredibly friendly. You can also do online ordering now. Most notably the large Mickey head rice crispy treats are no longer available (the really big cake ones.) They still have the normal size ones.

Ordering is different now. You pick your items from the display cases and pay.
A5960DFD-83BB-42BA-B6E9-43E25CA6D971.jpeg

You then walk up to the counter to pickup your order. More like a traditional quick service restaurant.

They also had a TON of special 50th candies and snacks.

They have a huge window now where you can watch them hamdmake the treats.
Rolling to another post for Fort stuff.

Day 4 Fort Updates

Coming back on the boat, you can see fences and some cars parked in the construction area. There doesn’t appear to be any additional construction activity. Most of the roads in the Fort have been resurfaced and on the road between the Fort and WL there have been more crosswalks striped on the road but no sign of the walking path.

Interestingly enough, the prices have been removed from the marina and replaced with fishing trips and fireworks cruises only. From what I’m hearing the boat rentals will come back but they don’t have enough CM’s yet

For those that don’t know, Trails End is closed on Tuesday and Wednesday so they have food trucks come in for dinner.

So many deer, turkeys, and squirrels have been out and about.

@tigger92662 and his DW came over last night and we enjoyed finger foods and watched as people came by to view the decorations.

I cannot emphasize enough how friendly the CM’s have been. It has been so much like old school Disney. It has been an absolutely wonderful trip so far.

Day 4 Fort Updates

Coming back on the boat, you can see fences and some cars parked in the construction area. There doesn’t appear to be any additional construction activity. Most of the roads in the Fort have been resurfaced and on the road between the Fort and WL there have been more crosswalks striped on the road but no sign of the walking path.
View attachment 608486

Interestingly enough, the prices have been removed from the marina and replaced with fishing trips and fireworks cruises only. From what I’m hearing the boat rentals will come back but they don’t have enough CM’s yet
View attachment 608491

For those that don’t know, Trails End is closed on Tuesday and Wednesday so they have food trucks come in for dinner.
View attachment 608492
View attachment 608493
View attachment 608494
View attachment 608495
View attachment 608496

So many deer, turkeys, and squirrels have been out and about.
View attachment 608497
View attachment 608498

@tigger92662 and his DW came over last night and we enjoyed finger foods and watched as people came by to view the decorations.

I cannot emphasize enough how friendly the CM’s have been. It has been so much like old school Disney. It has been an absolutely wonderful trip so far.
Thank you for providing the updates. Glad to see the animals haven't been scared off by the increase in people.
I found it interesting that you mentioned crosswalks marked on the road from FW to WL. I'll be there in December so hoping more things to happen.

Finally getting a chance to post an update! I can honestly say this has so far been a perfect trip ❤️ Disney has gone above and beyond to help make everything perfect for us and I am so grateful to them!
I had previously faxed in our site request and also followed up with a phone call about a week prior to arrival. Site 1433 is a very special site for us, and they were going to do whatever it took to get us in this site- even coming and cutting some tree limbs so they wouldn’t damage our camper roof.
The kids and I spent Monday and Tuesday at universal, while joe stayed here and put up our decorations and took care of the puppies. We had a great time at universal but it was sure good to get back here last night. We used Tony Hines for transportation and he was wonderful!
Today we’ve done some bike riding and taken a bunch of pictures- here’s one of the new beach, which is beautiful! I do hope they’ll bring the chairs back eventually…

This evening we went to Disney Springs and had supper at the Boathouse- pretty good food and awesome service! Then we rode the amphicars, which was super fun!
After the cars, we did a little more shopping- my son helped keep the Lego store in business, and I did the same for the Candy Cauldron.
Now we’re back at the camper and have just a nice relaxing day planned tomorrow!

Day 5 End of HEA

We got a late start and ended up deciding to go back to MK instead of HS. Took me a bit to figure out how to cancel my park pass and change to MK. MK was virtually empty. Walked on Pirates, BTMRR, Small World, and the people mover.

We then met up with @tigger92662 and DW for dinner at Whispering Canyon. Our server Meghan was amazing and a true Whispering Canyon CM. I told her she should bring me one of the big diet Coke’s and instead she brought me a shot glass of Diet Coke. Food was amazing and since it was both of our wedding anniversaries and @tigger92662’s b’day she brought us all a glass of champagne and him a cupcake.

After dinner, we had to head back to MK for the final showing of Happily Ever After as it’s being replaced. The hub was probably the most full it’s been since COVID.

Lots of tears and hugs all around but we made it through.

I’ve learned if you want to get to/from the Fort to MK quickly, use the bus. We were the first ones in line for the bus and it arrived within a few minutes.

When we got back, we got soft serve from one of the food trucks. I wish they were there every night. Such a great addition to the options. I did a cotton candy and DW did vanilla. It was excellent. (I’m cheating and using a daytime pic because I forgot to grab one last night)

The Fort has emptied out this morning. We will see if more people roll in tonight.

Had another beautiful day today- since we checked in Sunday , every day has been absolutely perfect! Back home in Minnesota we’re already getting frost warnings every night- we’ll probably have snow soon after we get home, so this is absolute heaven here….
My daughter ventured out on her own to Disney Springs this morning and surprised me with one of these glorious beauties…
I’ve heard so much about them and they were one of the things I’ve been so excited to try- and they are 100% worth the hype to us! I had mine tonight- warmed it up in the microwave for about 10 seconds, and it was complete doughy cookie goodness. Some people don’t like them but if you like cookie dough, and also warm cookies- these are for you! I can’t wait to get more!
Another fun thing today was doggie nail day. Here’s Marty getting his candy corn nails done- as you can tell- he is thrilled 😂
Kody has been having so much fun with the lizards here- I think this one might be a baby…
We also spent some time down at the pool today, and enjoyed that a lot! It wasn’t crowded at all- everyone seemed friendly- and the cast members/ life guards were having an absolute blast, which carried over into everyone enjoying themselves!

A couple things I want to mention… I’ve read so much in this past month about Disney “losing its magic” and the cast members not being friendly or happy- I’m really happy to say I feel that’s completely not true. From the moment we checked in, I have witnessed nothing but amazing cast members who have gone above and beyond to be friendly and helpful. There is truly magic everywhere here at the Fort- heck, they even have a pool table at the pool you can play for FREE! ( how many things can you ever do for free anymore!?)
Another thing I'm surprised- and really happy about- is mask compliance is SO good here! I come from a place in Minnesota where its nearly impossible to get anyone to wear a mask ( which means our covid rates just keep climbing) so its a welcome change here to be in the majority instead of the minority 😊
So heading to bed tonight- tomorrow is our third and last day at universal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter