September "New Beginnings" Exercise Thread

Interesting Snow White articles. I would love to have seen Walt acting out all of the characters in that movie.

Edited to add: This new beginning makes me even more excited about Artist Point turning into a Snow White character dining experience.

Good morning, everyone!! First day of school here, so quick post.

Just 10 minutes for me yesterday, for 75/600.

6 out of 7 participants have reported in, team totals stand at 958/8,650, and congratulations are due:

Piglet1979 and the Team have reach beginning Blue!!! :rainbow:

Today's beginning is Jan 5th, 1940, when the company moved into it's (then new) Burbank Studio:

I wish I could mourn the unofficial end of summer. I think our summer just started in Northeast Ohio. We have had heat indexes close if not over 100 lately with very high humidity. We get about 3-4 days in a row like this then a day or 2 in the 80's. I am so ready for some 70 degree weather.
Here in N.J., too! Ugh! And there are these gross things called sea lice in the ocean so we can’t even go to the beach . Temps in the low 70’s would be perfect!

Only 15 minutes for me yesterday. Hope to do better today.

235/1500

Hope the first day of school is going well, @PollyannaMom . I enjoyed the tour of the Disney studios. Thanks for posting that!

Piglet1979 and BonnieF, hope the temps drop soon for you guys. We are 10 degrees lower today than we were yesterday, so maybe relief is on the way! BonnieF, we had hoped to take a quick beach trip to mark the end of summer, but the beaches are having a rough year, so we're passing this time. So sorry to hear you guys are having some of the same issues the Florida beaches have had this year. Hope things clear up soon!

Despite the heat I did get some walking in at about 8 last night. It wasn't too bad. Still on the hotter side. I think we have one more day of this heat before we get the rain this weekend from Gordon and then a somewhat cool off. Kids are mad that they have school today and 3 other schools in the district are off. Their building has air and is very cold in spots but the middle of the school does not have air because it is broke. There is enough cold air in the school that they can move too so they are fine.

321/1350

25 minutes yesterday - pulling weeds in that humidity was torture but the roses are much happier.
Cooler temperatures coming this weekend so I’m planning on a few long walks -only 20 days till we go to WDW for Food & Wine .

Good morning, and happy weekend!! We have two more color changes -

Congrats to Twilight Sparkle and Elizabeth Smith!!! :rainbow:

I'm at 100/600, and team totals stand at 1,640 minutes!

Our Disney beginning for today is April 22, 1964 - the opening of the 1964/65 World's Fair in New York, and the first showcase of the Audio-Animatronics technology that is so important in Disney attractions today! Four examples debuted at the fair:

“it’s a small world” was the centerpiece of the UNICEF pavilion and took visitors to more than 100 countries with child-like Audio-Animatronics figures singing the tune written by Disney Legends Richard and Robert Sherman.

“Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln” was Walt Disney’s personal tribute to the 16th president. “Ever since I was a small boy in Illinois, I’ve had a great personal admiration for Abraham Lincoln,” said Walt Disney in his introduction for the attraction, created for the State of Illinois pavilion.

The Carousel Theater of Progress was developed with the assistance of General Electric and told the story of man’s progress and the rise of “push-button living.” The Carousel of Progress was a Disneyland park attraction from 1967 to 1973. The show then moved to Magic Kingdom Park in 1975, where it was rewritten and restaged with the new name, “Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress,” in 1994.

Ford’s Magic Skyway took audiences back in time to the world of the dinosaur, populated by enormous Audio-Animatronics figures. Guests of Ford’s Magic Skyway travelled through the vignettes using technology that would later be the inspiration for the PeopleMover, a Tomorrowland attraction in Disneyland park from 1967 to 1995.

......(source & more - https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-worlds-fair-a-new-disney-technology-is-born/)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter