September 4th (2004) Disney Magic Cruise List

Has anyone else seen the recent update? We are now sailing out of Port Everglades at Ft. Lauderdale on Tuesday. We will return to Port Canaveral on Saturday as orginally scheduled. Disney will provide bus transportation to Port Everglades on Saturday if you need to get your car.

im now excited....new port, may get a free night in a disney hotel for tonight..woohoo..the cruise is on and should have good weather...looking forward to booking our next 7 day cruise

Well, we're officially out. I cancelled a little while ago. Since we're driving, leaving out of Ft. Lauderdale and returning to PC was a problem we didn't want to deal with. Our kids are spoiled with 3 hour drives to PC! Also, since we live in Florida, we're worried about Ivan making a beeline for our home. We were very fortunate through Charley and Frances. Didn't want to push our luck.

I wish everyone continuing the journey the very best!!!

We are at Port Orleans French Quarter right now. Booked through Travelocity last night when I found out the cruise would not leave until 9/7/04 and per my TA DCL will credit my room cost back to my credit card.

No major problems once at MCO other than it took the pilot threem attempts to make a landing. Something about swirling down pours of rain making the runway unlandable each time.

We are leaving out of Ft. Lauderdale and need to be in the lobby by 9:00a.m. per a voiemail message we received in our room from DCL. They advised snacks will be provide to us on the way down. That is nice.

We spent the day today at Downtown Disney and it was very busy there. Everything at Port Orleans is great. We have a great room in Building #4.

We shall see how it all goes!

paulmc and everyone, we are headed to the hotel and look forward to seeing you guys downstairs at 9am..should be an adventure. at first we heard we were not leaving until 1pm and i thought about renting a car, but now things are looking up..will see you on board.

I am so sorry a lot of you guys can not make it. When you book your next cruise, look for me, maybe fate will have us together again..

amy

Well, we made that ever tough decision today. We have cancelled. After learning about Port Everglades, it was just too much.....I'm mentally and emotionally exhausted.

We will head towards home once the weather is better. For now, we are at the Holiday Inn, watching the torrential downpours. There is a 9:30 curfew here.

For all of you that are travelling on, have fun for me. I will miss meeting all of you....we've been through an interesting week together. Tuesday is my birthday, it will be hard heading home, knowing that I was suppose to be in St Thomas/John on my birthday :( I really can't complain though, this has been an adventure. Not many of my friends/family can say they have been through a hurricane.

OK, enough of my whining!! It's time to get over it and move on!
We'll book another cruise, but as I said before, never never never never never never never ever during hurricane season!

Hugs to all,

Rachel

We'll be seeing you in the lobby.

I double checked my voicemail and they said they said 9:30a.m., .. i like to be early though . lol

I was just listening to the news. They are saying that most ships going into port in Ft. Lauderdale & Maimi will have to be delayed because ships importing gas & food will have first priority.
I wonder when the cruise shps will be let in if they aren't already in port.

Well, after a 3.5 hour bus ride from WDW Port Orleans French Quarter resort to Ft. Lauderdale we made it to a very long line to check-in for the Magic at Port Everglades. It was a manual check-in where they gave us a boarding pass and our KTTW card. I'm sure there were some serious mixups as I did see a family crying and quite upset at check-in walking away. I feel for that. It took us about 45 minutes to get checked in. Only Topsiders on deck 9 was open for the bufffet.

We are not exiting Port Everglades and started out abotu 9:00p.m. The safety drill was postponed until tomorrow morning at 10:45a.m. ...... at this time anyway.

Had a strange visit by Guest Services to our room asking my name. They said the system showed no one in our room. Stranged because all our bags were delivered and so were the messages about our $200 onboard credit and returning cruisers cocktail meeting.

Finding ourselves quite disoriented preparing for one thing, but getting another. We got to the port so late via DCL transnsportation all of Palo was booked and we are on a waiting list. We totally missed making an appointment for my wife's hair braiding as we were trying to re-coupe from the bus ride and long check-in it slipped our minds. Oh well, we are cruising! lol

Met Jason and Travis in the Cove Cafe. Great fellas! Of course I talk everyone's ears off if given half the chance.

We're too arrive at Cozumel tomorrow at 7:00p.m. and leave teh following evening.

Everyone take care!

Originally posted by paulmc80

Had a strange visit by Guest Services to our room asking my name.

Met Jason and Travis in the Cove Cafe. Great fellas! Of course I talk everyone's ears off if given half the chance.

HAHAHAHHAHA! So you were in an empty room with your baggage and credit ehhh? Maybe you are the mystery cruiser!

Yes, Jason and Travis are tops - love them! They are so interesting and intelligent, I can see you having a great time with them.

As for your "talkativeness" - at least you are a man with something to say!!!!

Glad you got there safe and sound - none the worse for wear!
Sorry I missed your call last night - strange but God knew best in this case - My best friend's father passed on and I am glad that I am here for her and her family.

Rae

This is actually Doctor P's wife and I wanted to wish you guys a great sail. Sorry we couldn't make it but because I have a daughter at home and no one after this weekend to stay with her our only option was to cancel with the uncertainty about Ivan (on Sunday evening it looked very questionable that it could affect the ship getting around Florida on Friday) and we couldn't risk not getting home on Sunday (and because we ended up driving we needed to leave on Sat). BUT...we spent a nice two days at WDW, got to stay at BCV which we had one night booked there next Sat anyway, got to see Wishes which we were bummed about not being able to see last Friday due to the hurricane, got to have a very nice up front spot to see Illumi which we've seen many times but it was a nice late anniversary night out. We did get into Epcot free on the International Gateway side on Monday morning and again in the evening - after a nice walk from BCV through Boardwalk area to Epcot. Got to do some great shopping at DTD on Monday and got to eat at Cape May and Ohana - both which we had not eaten at yet. So all in all we made what was suppose to be an absolutely awesome cruise, into a nice vacation - and our 5 year wedding anniversary.

Everyone stay safe and hopefully we'll meet up sometime...

Hello out there to anyone else, besides me, "left behind" as a result of Hurricane Frances...

I'm wondering if any of you are considering contacting DCL in the hopes that they would consider offering us a 25% disc. on our rescheduled cruise. My TA suggested I did that since our low fares will not be honored.

What do you think? I am definitely going to contact them. However, the more people who take the time to make the request, the better the chances of getting something getting another incentive to cruise with them in the future.

I hope everyone was able to have a great & fun week in spite of not being able to go on the cruise. You gotta believe that things always happen for the best...

Millie

with this entire mess....especially DCL, who promised to call my TA with updates, but never did...and my TA, who did not care enough, or know enough, to update me....looks like, from the posts here, that I will be booking all future cruises with Chuck Maida and his staff at All Seasons....

I elected, as some of you also did, to take a full refund....

As I was canceling, I received the rhetoric from the DCL rep..."you mean you are going to not take advantage of this spectacular deal"?....I was polite, but told her " 1st of all, I've sailed 6 times, so I know what these cruises cost. I book all my cruises using FL Resident discount, and refunding me 50% on a 4 day(if that?prob only 3.5 days) sailing to 1 port, on a packed ship, is an only slightly better deal than I usually get for a 4 day....2nd, the $200.00 stateroom credit is nothing great, and given to everyone who books a future cruise while onboard, big deal...and 3rd, 25% savings on future cruise is off DCL's inflated pricing, not AllSeas, or my TA....again, I usually get FL Res pricing"...

Overall, if it wasnt for the bus ride(the last straw), we may have "gone for it" anyway....

and one other thing....the DCL rep stated that it may be 30 days until I see my full refund credited...Call me cynical, but when I paid for the cruise on my debit card, that charge was posted "lickity split"....real nice...

Scrappy520 and Alexandrew

I agree with the both of you on this entire matter. I elected also to take the full refund, after changing flights 3 different times only to have them cancelled. I do plan on writing to the president of DCL and let him know how unorginzed DCL reps seemed to be through this entire time. I realized DCL did not control the weather or FRANCES but not to keep in contact with their passengers is unacceptable. I feel DCL could have handled this in a much better way.

but the bottom line is....this whole mess is not going to keep me from booking many more times....

How can I stay angry at DCL when they've afforded my family and I so many great memories?

I absolutely agree with both of you. Communication to us was very poor. Heck, we weren't even told that we'd definitely get our refund - still haven't been contacted about that yet after they told us they'd call us back as soon as she brought the info up. I'm glad they treated the people on the ship great, but I just wish they would have also thought to treat those of us that were trying to make it to our cruise great as well, well at least better than we were treated. I know they had a lot to do but when there are very few hotel rooms available in Orlando, and a hard time booking any at WDW, they could have given us some more info then they did and helped us out a bit too.

But, also as you two have stated, we can't stay made at DCL. We will cruise again I'm sure. This just happened to be a fluke that we were able to make these arrangements due to it being our anniversary because normally it's very hard for us to take a vacation at this time of year. AND this is a very rare hurricane year, so for people to tell us "You should have known this was a possibility because it's hurricane season" is a bunch of crap. What, Frances was the 6th hurricane of the season that was only 4 weeks old and #7 is in the lurking - yeah.

I change my mind....Cruise04 just reminded me of the so called "confirmation call" regarding my refund that DCL was supposed to make to me....I forgot about that, so I called DCL inquiring as to when I may receive my funds back....I was connected to a supervisor, who confirmed that it will take "2 billing cycles"(60 days!!!???) for the refund to appear....Why is that, since the cruise fare was billed to my debit card the next business day after booking with my TA?

I've had it ...between the promises of update calls, as well as the arrogance of this supervisor who informed me of this information and making excuses as to why I received no calls....DCL can kiss my ***, and I mean that in the kindest way possible....

I will take my frequent business over to RCCL's big, beautiful Voyager class ships, as well as tell all my friends, family, co-workers, and customers about how DCL treated me....

and that, my friends, is business 101...treat a customer right and you have loyalty forever....screw up and not fix it right,and the "screwee" will tell everyone in his sphere of influence how he was wronged....

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter