September 29,2013 - DVC Member Cruise

Greetings fellow cruisers:
Just wanted to tell all of those that I had the honor of meeting how nice it was to finally have faces to put to the names. Don and I had a great time.
Thanks also for the wonderful FE gifts.
We got home late Saturday afternoon to the joy of having my grandson till Sunday evening. Then back to work today. We enjoyed the F&W festival on Thursday, got to try some really tasty treats.
Special thanks to Jim & Christine for all they did to make this cruise a wonderful event.
Hopefully we'll be running into some of you on future cruises.:goodvibes

If anyone took pictures of the Walt Disney/Roy Disney Suites and would be willing to share them, please send me a note to cbennett724@comcast.net. My mom really enjoyed it but I only got the door of the suite. Would love to put them in a photo book and present it to her for a christmas present.
I have 5 pictures of the suites that came out okay. Not known for my photography skills, but my little camera surprises me sometimes. As soon as I can get all the pictures together, and downloaded, I will share . That jacuzzi on the private deck, overlooking the ocean has to be the ultimate in luxury! I got a good picture of that! Deb

... but we had a fantastic time.

4 nights at WDW, 4 nights DVC cruise, 3 more nights at WDW = fantastic trip!

I only ran into a couple of the group members but made lots of friends on the cruise.

Next time we should all wear a pin or magnet that identifies us as members so we can seek each other out better.

I saw the Canadian group and made it by but the Sail Away Party was already in full swing.

I loved all the FE gifts and I hope everyone like the Mickey soaps I made :-)

Picc_2 = CJ

Slowly downloading my pics onto Photobucket (when I have the time). Here are a few from the first day on Castaway Cay:

I loved sitting in the water and communing with the local fish. They liked to swim around me and hang out underneath my chair.

I loved all the FE gifts and I hope everyone like the Mickey soaps I made :-)

Picc_2 = CJ

I was on your list. Thank you for the soaps and door magnet. :goodvibes

I loved your Mickey Soaps! They were so cute, I want to use them to help decorate my one of my bathrooms. And the door magnet was super, too. This was our first cruise and I don't have very many magnets. I didn't make very many on purpose. My plan is to fill my stateroom doors on future trips with mostly gifted magnets. Yours will be added to the small collection I have started to gather.

I was sent a survey about the Member Cruise. Did any one realize the free 8 X 10 picture was one of the gifts?. One of the questions listed each day's gift and the 8 X 10 picture was one of them. I thought that was more of a gimick to get you to buy more pictures. haha

So we are home...What a downer! Flew Spirit and the gate attendants were really being strick about carryons in Orlando. Glad that's over.
We will think twice before booking them again.

Our post cruise stay at the Treehouse Villas was fantastic. We had a great time at the Halloween Party(lots of candy) and the entertainment was amazing. Mark dressed as Harry Potter and got a lot of great reactions from both cast members and guests. Seems that he resembles him and heard "hi Harry" all night. I'll post pics asap.

We also have some pictures of the suites and will post them. Thanks again to everyone who took time to visit with us at Cabana #4 and on the crawl. It was great meeting all of you. Hope to do it again!

Jim

So we are home...What a downer! Flew Spirit and the gate attendants were really being strick about carryons in Orlando. Glad that's over. We will think twice before booking them again. Jim

I had a friend who flew spirit to Texas. She said by the time they were charged fee after fee she could have flow any other carrier and would have had better customer service. Lucky for up I didn't know southwest was 2 checked bags so I was able to spread out the bags and stay under the weight.

Already ready to be back on vacation!

So we are home...What a downer! Flew Spirit and the gate attendants were really being strick about carryons in Orlando. Glad that's over. We will think twice before booking them again. Our post cruise stay at the Treehouse Villas was fantastic. We had a great time at the Halloween Party(lots of candy) and the entertainment was amazing. Mark dressed as Harry Potter and got a lot of great reactions from both cast members and guests. Seems that he resembles him and heard "hi Harry" all night. I'll post pics asap. We also have some pictures of the suites and will post them. Thanks again to everyone who took time to visit with us at Cabana #4 and on the crawl. It was great meeting all of you. Hope to do it again! Jim

Thanks for everything you and Christine did to make our first Disney cruise and our first DVC Member cruise even more memorable! The cabin crawl, the bus, and just keeping this whole thing going!!!! OH THE drama when we first began thinking about this cruise ( and even more for all of the folks who were booked on the ship to begin with )! It was all worth it for us, we are so pleased we decided to come aboard. We are forever grateful for all your efforts, and all the advice we received to prepare for the trip. Deb and Jed O'Brien

HELP!! Did you go on the Waverunner excursion at Castaway Cay day 2??I am going out on a limb: IF you were on the 9 am Waverunner tour on island day 2 please message me.

I wasn't sure if I should post this question, but curiosity has the best of me.
Remember how the Kerry family's FE gifts got way laid by UPS and then never made it to the ship. They asked anyone who still wanted the gift to e-mail them their address, which I did, and she did answer back. Has anyone else who may have provided their address received the FE gift from them? If so, I'm wondering if I should provide them with my address again.
Not being snarky or mean, I'm just curious.

I wasn't sure if I should post this question, but curiosity has the best of me. Remember how the Kerry family's FE gifts got way laid by UPS and then never made it to the ship. They asked anyone who still wanted the gift to e-mail them their address, which I did, and she did answer back. Has anyone else who may have provided their address received the FE gift from them? If so, I'm wondering if I should provide them with my address again. Not being snarky or mean, I'm just curious.

They are actually in the trunk of my car. My grandma had a stroke so between kids, life and her I haven't had a chance to mad it to the post office. Sorry! I will get to soon.

So sorry to hear about your grandma. I hope she is doing OK. Believe me I understand about life "happening". I was just curious, because our mail gets kind of screwed up sometimes out here.

I thought of you today when I had to send a pkg to my Dtr. The lady asked if I wanted UPS or FED EX and I told her definitely FED Ex - Don't trust UPS anymore, she just kind of looked at me and grinned, like she may have agreed.

You take care and I hope things smooth out for you.

So sorry to hear about your grandma. I hope she is doing OK. Believe me I understand about life "happening". I was just curious, because our mail gets kind of screwed up sometimes out here. I thought of you today when I had to send a pkg to my Dtr. The lady asked if I wanted UPS or FED EX and I told her definitely FED Ex - Don't trust UPS anymore, she just kind of looked at me and grinned, like she may have agreed. You take care and I hope things smooth out for you.

Happy Halloween!

Hi everyone,

It's been really hard to get back into life after such an awesome cruise.

Jennifer, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. It's so true how life gets in the way. I pray she is ok.

I wanted to say how much we loved this cruise!! And to thank everyone for all the wonderful things you've said and done for us as well. It was overwhelming from the moment we arrived!!!
We loved meeting so many great people. This was our best cruise ever!

Charles, (magicalclown) I am so sorry to learn everything your family has been going through and really glad you shared your story. It was wonderful to meet and spend time with you and your family. I am so thankful the cruise was able to bring moments of happiness through all the sadness for your mother. Please send her my best.

I will post some pictures up including our cabin and what I have of the royal suites.

It was such an amazing cruise.

Loved the Cabin Crawl!!! Loved the FE's!! Loved that cabana!!!
Loved getting to meet and hang out with such great people!!!

I can't thank everyone enough and hope we all get to cruise together as much as we can in the future.
You guys are the best!!!

Christine

Thanks, Jim for the link. So nice to see such great pictures. I have a few pictures of the Roy and Walt Disney suites that I hope to post soon.
PS Hoping to see everyone again in 2015? Going to pass on 2014 for the cruise. Deb and Jed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter