September 29,2013 - DVC Member Cruise

Everyone can check out the new signature banners on the front page, at the bottom. There are directions on how to use them if you like.

Everyone can check out the new signature banners on the front page, at the bottom. There are directions on how to use them if you like.

:thumbsup2 CUTE !

Can you post a high resolution that could be used for door magnets?

Thanks
Jan

JohnnyQuest...thank you for the cool signature pics!!! :cool2:Oh, and the invite for the charter, but we are doing good ole Magical Express.

:thumbsup2 CUTE !

Can you post a high resolution that could be used for door magnets?

Thanks
Jan

Jan,
I have just posted the original Hi Def image on the front page It's different than the signature pics, which were modified to be sized down. Check it out.

Jim

Oh wow!!! We actually signed up about 1 hour into the first day reservations opened! Category V and looking forward to all the DVC extras and even your events. I would love to go on the cabin crawl... what do I need to do to join in?

This will be our 14th DCL Cruise and 3rd time on Dream, 2nd time in Concierge! This is gonna be AWESOME!!

Welcome to our cruise meet abigaillynn. Thanks for joining in. If you check out the front page you will see all the activities being organized for this cruise. Please feel free to post comments and ask any questions you have. Let us know if you would like to participate in anything. I will add you to the roll call.

Thank you. We won't be on the website too much until after April 15th! Can't wait for the cruise. We were on The Dream once before for one of the preview cruises and can't wait to really enjoy the ship. We were only there for 2 nights which was way too short a time! I do recognize 1 poster from a previous cruise (mdwoodman-once a Marine, always a Marine) from our last cruise but we never meet him and his family! What is the cabin crawl? Just a chance to see different room types?

Hello all, Dreary day in NY, but at least they are talking rain not snow, now!
Where is the post about the limo? I see the link to the one about the bus. Trying to decide what to do. Our WDW time got switched to the beginning of our trip, we will be staying at our BLT home:rotfl2:, this time in a Studio. We want to do one Magic Kingdom day * have to see the Beauty and the Beast area!!! Then, one day To be decided, then 2 days of Epcot Food and Wine:thumbsup2 Here is the wrinkle there..... I have a lap band, so I am limited in food volume and choices. Luckily DH is a member of the clean your plate club, so he is most helpful in this area. pixiedust::joker:

So, we would leave from BLT to the cruise ship, then take the Disney transport back to the airport at the end of the cruise. Probably will get a flight back to NY around 1:30, 2 PM. Deb and Jed

Oh wow!!! We actually signed up about 1 hour into the first day reservations opened! Category V and looking forward to all the DVC extras and even your events. I would love to go on the cabin crawl... what do I need to do to join in?

This will be our 14th DCL Cruise and 3rd time on Dream, 2nd time in Concierge! This is gonna be AWESOME!!

Thank you. What is the cabin crawl? Just a chance to see different room types?

Yes the cabin crawl is an opportunity to walk around the ship with other "crawlers" to view other cabin types and get to know some people. We are trying to include as many different categories and room types within those categories as possible. Since my group is already showing a cat-T and a Cat-V you (XebainSotau) might want to just crawl with the group.

I can sign both of you up, let me know if you're joining.

Hello all, Dreary day in NY, but at least they are talking rain not snow, now!
Where is the post about the limo? I see the link to the one about the bus. Trying to decide what to do. Our WDW time got switched to the beginning of our trip, we will be staying at our BLT home:rotfl2:, this time in a Studio. We want to do one Magic Kingdom day * have to see the Beauty and the Beast area!!! Then, one day To be decided, then 2 days of Epcot Food and Wine:thumbsup2 Here is the wrinkle there..... I have a lap band, so I am limited in food volume and choices. Luckily DH is a member of the clean your plate club, so he is most helpful in this area. pixiedust::joker:

So, we would leave from BLT to the cruise ship, then take the Disney transport back to the airport at the end of the cruise. Probably will get a flight back to NY around 1:30, 2 PM. Deb and Jed

DisneyBelle99,

I know there is a small group w/ Dvc deernut who organized a limo from the BWV. Not sure about the details but the price was comparable to what DCL was charging.

We would love to have you join us on the bus. BLT is right next door to Dreamer7787 at the Poly so it would be a quick and easy cab ride over to that pick up point. Cabs are always lined up outside the deluxe resorts ready to go.

We too are planning Food and Wine but not til after the cruise. We always share to better pace ourselves. There are so many offerings, hopefully you'll be able to find lots to choose from.

I'm such an uber planner, I scour the net for photos and food booth items waaay ahead of time to map out a plan of attack. One year I made flipcards up (thanks to a fellow diser) to use since we had a big group of newbies and it's hard to walk up to the booths and excuse youself while cutting in line to see what they have. They worked great!!!

here's a few photos.

75f80f58-9c9b-4b42-b256-7d32b02a17fd_zps8f1b7932.jpg

804e42e3-9e5f-4aab-adcc-9b80e5a39fe4_zpsead1615b.jpg

552cfa77-c9e0-4f91-8888-ec2f404fb79d_zpsbc998584.jpg

JohnnyQuest...thank you for the cool signature pics!!! :cool2:Oh, and the invite for the charter, but we are doing good ole Magical Express.

too bad!! let us know if you change your mind. We can all head to Saratoga to check in for the trees. Should be fun.

This is our first member cruise and we can't wait. Just trying to catch up with all ya all!

:cheer2:Welcome!!!:cheer2:Welcome!!!:cheer2:Welcome!!! Please check the front page for all the details on our meet and let us know if you'd like to participate in anything.

Glad you guys are here!!!

XebainSotau - we're hosting our cat V's and adjoining cat T's on deck 12 as part of the crawl! You can add your cabin if it's a different configuration, or just join us in the crawl. All you need to do is let us know by posting here and we'll add you to the list. The more the merrier.

Jan,
I have just posted the original Hi Def image on the front page It's different than the signature pics, which were modified to be sized down. Check it out.

Jim

Thanks for the Hi Def Image! I printed it out on photo paper, attached craft magnets to the back and have a door magnet for each of our cabins!
:)

Jan

Hey folks! Just booked this cruise. Our 2nd dvc cruise but 6th Disney cruise. Sign us up for the FE!

Lookin forward to it!

Nat

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Nat Tucker said:
Hey folks! Just booked this cruise. Our 2nd dvc cruise but 6th Disney cruise. Sign us up for the FE!

Lookin forward to it!

Nat

Forgot to mention that we will be going to Epcot to the Food and Wine festival prior to the trip. As of now staying at the Yacht Club. Have never been to thef festival nor the club so any tips would be helpful.

Ive seen a few friends from last year's cruise too. Yay!

Hey Nat,
Welcome to the cruise meet. If you check out our front page you can view all our organized activities for the cruise. We are running a bus charter between the port and various Disney World resorts if you're interested. It's a bit cheaper than Disney transfers and the Beach Club is a tentative stop on the list. Check it out.

Johnny Quest said:
Hey Nat,
Welcome to the cruise meet. If you check out our front page you can view all our organized activities for the cruise. We are running a bus charter between the port and various Disney World resorts if you're interested. It's a bit cheaper than Disney transfers and the Beach Club is a tentative stop on the list. Check it out.

Thanks for the info. I emailed my info for the Fish Extender so Im all set. It'll be me, hubby and two boys ages 12 and 14.

I'll check on the transportation so thanks for the info.

Thanks for the info. I emailed my info for the Fish Extender so Im all set. It'll be me, hubby and two boys ages 12 and 14.

I'll check on the transportation so thanks for the info.

HI NAT WELCOME BACK!!!!!!:cool1:

dvc deernut said:
HI NAT WELCOME BACK!!!!!!:cool1:

I saw your name and a big smile came to my face! Looking forward to seeing yall again.

Nat Tucker :welcome: to our cruise meet!!!

Great to have you here

So today is the 7th month mark for Oct 3 DVC resort stays. Of course we're out of points to book anything so I grabbed a cash dvc discount at the treehouse and have sticker shock at the price for 6 nts. Apparently, Oct is higher than what I was quoted for Sept. I'm going to double check but we are seriously considering renting pts.

Also, tomorrow opens up the Southwest bookings for Sept 28 and beyond.

Right now, the pricing for Sept out of Phila is mid $130's/one-way. I'm not expecting anything lower to be posted tomorrow. This is more than we typically spend but it seems the Phila market is offering far less in discounts these days. Newark looks no better. I'm going to check into a group rate tomorrow since we're around 10 passengers already.

Locker rooms

I was always curious to see what these were all about after hearing so many recommend the showers on the Dis. So I am posting this in case anyone else is interested.

These photos were taken from both the Fantasy and Dream. While there may be slight variations, the set up is identical.

There are men and women’s locker rooms located on Deck 11 Forward (adjacent to the forward elevators) - in the Senses Spa/gym/rainforest room area of the ship. Guests must be 18 or older

To get there, you must walk into the Senses Spa. Facing the front desk area, look to your left and you will see two doors. The door on the right is the gym. The door on the left is a hallway which leads to the locker rooms, rainforest room, side entrance of the gym, and other spa areas.

IMG_7833_zps0f9c194f.jpg

Note: You do not need to approach the front desk, or check-in or be granted special permission to use the gym and locker rooms. Simply walk right on thru. The doors are unlocked.

However, you DO need to check-in for every other spa related service including the Rainforest Room.

To get to the locker rooms walk down the hall (past the gym side entrance door seen here)

IMG_7836_zpsed598823.jpg

Hallway looking back towards entrance

IMG_7835_zps323de1de.jpg

To this circular open area. The photo shows the men’s locker room door (Locker rooms are on the left directly across from the Rainforest Room.)

IMG_7837_zpse2213d39.jpg

The women’s door is before the men’s (seen here to the left of the chart )

IMG_7838_zpscd7e7752.jpg

Here are photos of the women’s room.

Locker area is to the right when you walk in. (robes are in open lockers)

IMG_7849_zps89ff4e98.jpg

732011528_zpsc8845402.jpg

IMG_7839_zpsf62b8507.jpg

Private Steam Room

IMG_7850_zpsc29856db.jpg

(Looking back towards entryway) there are separate sides for stalls and showers

IMG_7840_zps88ea97c5.jpg

732011527_zps459cf9d1.jpg

Stall area

IMG_7847_zps49fbbf15.jpg

Showers – there are 3. 2 regular and 1 handicap accessible. Plenty of supplies including disposable razors!

IMG_7846_zpsa3c83a2e.jpg

IMG_7844_zps00c89343.jpg

IMG_7842_zps590f4edd.jpg

IMG_7841_zps687f7201.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter