September 29,2013 - DVC Member Cruise

During our transAtlantic cruise, on a day at sea, we organized a cabin tour amongst ourselves so that the DISers could see the layouts of the various categories. Since this is our first time on the Dream, it would be fun for us to do this. Anyone else interested?

picc_2 :welcome::welcome::welcome: to our cruise meet!!! WOW you joined the Dis in 2009 but only have 3 posts!!! I hope you up that count and jump right in on these boards. We are glad you are here.

If you read the first page, you'll see the details on our bus charter to the port. One of our pickups is AKV. So, if you need a ride and want to join in, let us know. Seats are limited and my BIL is panicking!!! :rotfl: (he can't commit and may need 5 of them!)

crazy8ma: Great plans!!! We had a FW cabin 5 yrs ago. I don't know where you used to stay in the cabins, but there are no longer any located near the preferred campsite area. They are near the trading post and main pool area.

WE of course loved it!!! We only wish we had a golfcart but we didn't reserve one ahead of time and they were all taken so we walked a bit to get around!!! They run internal busses as well.

Check out the that camping forum on the Dis. I know there are "regulars" who frequent in Oct for food and wine and halloween events. Maybe you'll see some great decorated sites when you're there. That's something I would have loved growing up!! It's probably us FW vets who camped there as kids doing it now. Too funny.

(ps. don't tell JQ if you see halloween decor or he'll be right over - he's been dying to do a golfcart crawl!!)

The hoop dee do reminds me of a cruiser we met two weeks ago who was mortified they served her food in a bucket!!!:lmao::lmao: I can't remember how the topic came up. I thought to myself "you have no idea what we thought was normal" when we camped in the 70's!?!?!? I haven't seen the show in decades but I've heard it's really a ton of fun now - especially with some good spirited participaters!!!

Wow everyone's plans are really shaping up!!!

mdwoodman: I know JQ will be in for a cabin crawl. We have the 4 connected concierge cabins on the "bumpout" of the Dream starboard that we'll be happy to open up for everyone to check out. Anybody else???

I met a fast friend and favorite travel buddy on the member cruise! Never had more fun! I wish they would do a 7 day!

Are they part of your travelling group on this cruise? Sounds like you have a great trip planned as well.

Who's doing Food and Wine?
Who's doing MNSSHP?

we are on all counts!!

mdwoodman: I know JQ will be in for a cabin crawl. We have the 4 connected concierge cabins on the "bumpout" of the Dream starboard that we'll be happy to open up for everyone to check out. Anybody else???

Thanks, Poison Ivy. We're in an aft-facing 5E, so it should be somewhat unique. Who else?

Are they part of your travelling group on this cruise? Sounds like you have a great trip planned as well.

Who's doing Food and Wine?
Who's doing MNSSHP?

we are on all counts!!

Sadly...no they couldn't get away for this cruise...although I haven't given up trying to get them to come!:lmao: However, she convinced me to join in her reservation for a Dream cruise in March and we signed up to be on the DVC ABD trip to NYC. We've done NY plenty of times, but DVC does have a great itinerary and hopefully as many fun surprises as on the member cruises! But I do have a great group coming with me on this cruise! My mom's brother and his wife (they are so close in age to me that it is hard for me to call them Aunt and Uncle!) and my cousin and her daughter who have never been on a cruise...let alone a DISNEY membership cruise! My aunt and uncle are also members. So..it will be a different experience, but none the less a great one! There does seem to be a different feel to the cruise when it is all members! We will be staying at a treehouse after the cruise so I do intend to get to food and wine!! Not sure yet about MNSSHP! So exciting!

During our transAtlantic cruise, on a day at sea, we organized a cabin tour amongst ourselves so that the DISers could see the layouts of the various categories. Since this is our first time on the Dream, it would be fun for us to do this. Anyone else interested?

Woodman,
We would definately like to check out your aft cabin, haven't seen one yet and you're certainly welcome to visit us. We'll order up some fruit & cheese platters. How did this work on your transatlantic? Does everyone tour as a group?

Jim

:banana:I have reserved our two rooms for one night at the Pop night before cruise. And we are considering the FW Cabins for 2 nights upon return. I would love to at least come and take a quick tour of your Treehouse. I have always wanted to stay there and was considering it for this trip but there will be 10 of us upon return. We spent our Honeymoon at the FW Cabins 29 years ago, stayed there many times when our 3 girls where little, but then after having our son we didn't fit anymore (always had gma with us) so my son is excited to finally get the chance to stay there. It's been a long time and the cabins looks like they have changed quite. Plus my kids are Hoopdeedo fanatics and are thinking of taking in the show.:dance3:

Crazy8Ma,
You should definately stop by our treehouse, you will all like them. There is plenty of room...the more, the merrier.

Woodman,
We would definately like to check out your aft cabin, haven't seen one yet and you're certainly welcome to visit us. We'll order up some fruit & cheese platters. How did this work on your transatlantic? Does everyone tour as a group?

Jim

Hi Jim!

We had a list of people willing to show their cabins (we ended up with one of just about every category) and a list of people who wanted to do the "crawl." We then developed a map and everyone started out as a group, following the map from cabin to cabin. It sort of devolved into several smaller groups as the tour moved along. As soon as the last "looky-loo" left a cabin, the residents joined the group going to the next one.

Make sense?

Michael

I have officially reserved our bus.
We are contracted for both directions between WDW and Port Canaveral via Happy Limo

39 Passenger Bus
Bathroom on board
There are seatbelts, so child seats can be utilized.
Luggage stowed underneath - minimum 39 large and 39 medium bags
Scheduled to arrive at Port Canaveral around 10:45 am on Embarkation Day
Scheduled to leave Port Canaveral around 9:30 am on Debarkation Day

Price $ 12.64/person + tip each way payable in cash at boarding.

Includes 4 pickups/4 dropoffs: (adding more will cost an additonal $0.64/p - per stop)

Here are some photos:

Exterior (ours is the shorter of the two)
happylimobus_zps8e15a2d4.jpg

Interior
happylimobus2_zps74d934ef.jpg

let me know if you are intersted.

Jim

We'll take 2 seats roundtrip. We still have to set up our hotel reservation but we are most likely doing AKL before and after. Can you add the AKL stop for return trip?

Thanks

We'll take 2 seats roundtrip. We still have to set up our hotel reservation but we are most likely doing AKL before and after. Can you add the AKL stop for return trip?

Thanks

Welcome to the Charter Hollywood Glitter. I will add you to the roster and include AKV on the return stops.

You can add us to the "Cabin Crawl" sounds like fun :thumbsup2. We are in a 7A this time - 8166.

I'm almost sorry we aren't flying down and going to WDW before/afterwards - The bus sign up looks like it's coming along very well and will probably be lots of fun.

mdwoodman: We've had total aft staterooms the past couple of cruises - 6690 twice and have 7194 in April which is dead center on 7. Those verandahs are HUGE. If you never had one before, you will love it, the view is wonderful.

You can add us to the "Cabin Crawl" sounds like fun :thumbsup2. We are in a 7A this time - 8166.

I'm almost sorry we aren't flying down and going to WDW before/afterwards - The bus sign up looks like it's coming along very well and will probably be lots of fun.

Hi Kris,
I've added you to the cabin crawl and yes, we wish you guys were on the bus it should be a fun ride.

mdwoodman: We've had total aft staterooms the past couple of cruises - 6690 twice and have 7194 in April which is dead center on 7. Those verandahs are HUGE. If you never had one before, you will love it, the view is wonderful.

This will be our first time in an aft-facing cabin on any line. Looking forward to it. By the way, we're neighbors (8186), which will make the "cabin crawl" easier to plan!

OOPPPS, Must have had a bit of a TIA there! :lmao: We are actually in 8662 - I knew it had an 8 and 2 6's, so I was close ;), But still not too far from you guys.
Those verandahs at the very back of the ship are about 3 times larger than the normal "side" ones. The only possible draw back for some people is that when the ship is backing into a port, there can be a noisy vibration, but it doesn't last very long and it never bothered us. The advantages far outweigh and minor disadvantage of that occasional vibration.

Yesterday, Southwest posted NO discounted fares PHL to MCO for the entire month of Sept. This was not the case for EWR (newark) to MCO.
But considering we're 15-20 miles from the PHL airport, newark would have to be a significant discount to justify booking a flight.

Other considerations: Frontier out of Trenton (just learned about this) or Spirit out of Atlantic City. (the $9 club rates look reasonable for our dates but once you add the checked bag fees it comes to around 100/ticket ea way.) Problem wth Spirit is they add hidden fees - such as for a carryon bag larger than what fits under your seat.

So here we sit - for now - waiting!

Also patiently waiting for the 7 mo booking window to open up to book our post cruise stay.

then there's the 180 day window for dining
followed by the 120 day window for the cruise

It's a labor of love!!!

Does anyone know yet as to how many cabins are signed up the FE yet?
I want to get started on supplies that I need to order but not sure how much stuff to order.
I priced Southwest airline for tickets from Reno, Nv. to MCO airport no discounted prices listed yet. Does anyone knoW know when the are going to post Oct. prices?

Can't wait for Sept. to get here. I think we will be making some new friends on this cruise. :cool1::rotfl::grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts