Johnny Quest

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
DVC_HP_Slide_Full_Template_100212_11_zpsa65dcd51.jpg

Welcome to our Meet Thread!
:woohoo::welcome: :welcome::welcome::welcome::woohoo:

:beach: Home of the official DVC Member Cruise!!!!:beach:

party: Come join the party!!! party:

"It's our neighborhood block party at sea, and it's like nothing else on earth!

Delivering the magic of Membership in paradise (with two scheduled stops at Castaway Cay!), on stage (with insider shows and experiences created just for Members) and to your stateroom (where special gifts magically appear throughout our voyage)."

CRUISE ITINERARY -- (Sunday 09/29/13 to Thursday 10/03/13)

DAY 1: Port Canaveral, Florida / ONBOARD 3:45 p.m.
DAY 2: Castaway Cay / ASHORE 8:15 a.m. -- ONBOARD 4:45p.m.
DAY 3: At Sea pirate: PIRATE NIGHTpirate:
DAY 4: Castaway Cay / ASHORE 8:15 a.m. -- ONBOARD 4:45 p.m.
DAY 5: Port Canaveral, Florida / ASHORE 7:30 a.m

ROLL CALL

Johnny Quest; Poison Ivy and Iron Man: 4 cabins - 2 cat T's / 2 cat V's
Dreamer7787
Crazy8Ma; Leasha_Loves_Disney; xoSamma; Sajustin2: 3 cabins - cat 10/11
IndigoLiquid
Henlady - cat 7A
KerryFamily04 - cat 5A
Neriberi - cat 11B
DisneyBelle99- cat 8C
mdwoodman - cat 5E
meg8182000 - cat V
heathrow42
Captviper13 - cat 9B
Maryrn11168
claudia oh - cat 5B
EDH Family
dytx
Eeyore'sthebest
dvc deernut
funatdisney - cat 5A
mrtobias - cat 5A
blossomz: 2 cabins - cat 4D and 5D
karebear06
WendyT - cat 5C
enverm
dizzydee70
scduckman and SC Minnie
dort
Lorelai71
gmcmah
sugashaene - cat 10A
DaveH
picc_2
Mr&MrsMouse
dvcmom3
DvcFlanagan
Stephanie A
abigaillynn
XebainSotau
Nat Tucker
Carribbean Cruiser
MikeyandCinnie
DVCPhil
datsunzcr
jkfreeman33
rlarson68
sager1969
jnweinmann
HadawayDVC
corbe4
Lexbelle
disneyeveryyear
RatherBeWithMickey
jvgiordano
Leslie63
fenwayt24
Micca
SoCalDisneyGal
Drprincss
funatdisney
gwmom
ready2gosunshine
jmspk19
5babies
gdulaney
sraconner
MagicalClown
sgeoghan917
Smille9815
flfamily
brcriss
Exit63girl

On Board Meet: Sunday Sept 29 at 3:00pm

Place: Currents - Deck 13 Forward (above the adult pool area)
if it is nice outside (which it will be).

Alternate Location: if raining or overly windy will be moved indoors to
The District Lounge - Deck 4 Aft in the adult entertainment district.

Kids are welcome in that area before 9:00PM.

MEMBERS CRUISE DISCUSSIONS BEGIN HERE: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2850795&page=36

HAPPY LIMO BUS CHARTER SIGN-UP

39 passenger bus charter round trip between WDW and the port. Payment is due in cash upon boarding each way. This bus has a bathroom! :firefight Base price: $ 493.00 = $12.64 + tip/person for up to 4 stops. Any additional stops will cost $ 25.00/stop or .64 cents/person.

We can reasonably accommodate a max of 6 stops.

Click here for photo and more details http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=47281275&postcount=749

:drive: WDW TO PORT CANAVERAL /6 pick ups - $13.92+tip/person

:drive:PORT CANAVERAL TO MCO TO WDW / 5 drop offs - $12.92+tip/person

(NOTE:
This return bus includes a dropoff at MCO on the way to WDW. Only those passengers getting off at the MCO stop will pay an additional $3.33/person surcharge for this service.

OUTBOUND: WDW TO PORT - sold out
SEATS RESERVED-39
Seats Available- 0

PICKUP SCHEDULE AS FOLLOWS:

#1 Bay Lake Towers
#2 Polynesian
#3 OKW
#4 Saratoga Springs
#5 Yacht Club
#6 Pop Century

RETURN: PORT TO MCO AND WDW - sold out
SEATS RESERVED-39
Seats Available- 0

DROPOFF SCHEDULE AS FOLLOWS:

#1 MCO
#2 SARATOGA SPRINGS
#3 OKW
#4 Bay Lake Towers
#5 FT Wilderness

ROSTER / # OF SEATS

1- Johnny Quest / 11 RT
2- Dreamer7787 / 2 RT
3- IndigoLiquid / 2 RT (return to MCO)
4- Crazy8Ma / 8 RT
5- DaveH / 2 RT
6- Nat Tucker / 4 (wdw to port only)
7- Sajustin2 / 2 (Port to MCO only)
8- HadawayDVC / 6 RT
9- DisneyBelle99 / 2 (WDW to port only)
10- Claudia_Oh / 2 RT
11- SoCalDisneyGal / 2 (port to WDW only)
12- funatdisney / 2 (port to MCO only)

:fish:ALL FE GROUPS ARE OFFICIALLY CLOSED:fish:

EXISTING MEMBERS MAY CLICK ON THE ATTACHED LINKS FOR ACCESS.

ANY PROBLEMS, PLEASE PRIVATE MESSAGE HENLADY HERE ON THE DIS!

ADULT FE GROUPS (CLOSED!) .

ADULT FE GROUP #1 LINK: (IS FULL)
ADULT FE GROUP #2 LINK: (IS FULL)

OUR MAIN FE GROUP IS (CLOSED!) WITH A TOTAL OF 26 CABINS

MAIN FE LINK: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhvaagyzYxy2dHRjSko5ci1HcHVBN2pOSXZpM0JZVFE#gid=0

:tiptoe::tiptoe: Cabin Crawl :tiptoe::tiptoe:

Join us to take a stateroom tour of the various cabins on the Dream. If you would like to "host" your cabin or just "crawl", please post on this board and I will add you to the list. We would like to avoid repeat cabin categories on the tour so please check the list for your cabin type.

Date: Day 3 - At Sea
Time: 2 PM
Place: Deck 8 AFT - hallway

Please PM Johnny Quest or post on the boards for a crawl map.

Here's the list of who is hosting their room:

enverm - Cat 11C
DisneyBelle99 - Cat 8C - deck 7, port/forward
DVCPhil - Cat 4E - Deck 5/fwd/port
mdwoodman - Cat 5E - Deck 8, Aft
Henlady - Cat 7A - Deck 8, starboard/aft
Lorelai71 - Cat 4A - Deck 9 starboard/mid
abigaillynn - 10A - Deck 9
funatdisney - Cat 5A - Deck 10, port
johnny quest & poison ivy - 2 Cat T's / 2 Cat V's (adjoining) Deck 12, starboard

Here's the list of crawlers only:
Iron Man
KerryFamily04
gmcmah
ready2gosunshine

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Quick Links to Photos and Posts of Interest on our thread:

Fish Extenders
Click Here for Fish Extender (FE) Photos:

Cabin 8004 Photo
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=49282239&postcount=140

What is a DVC Members Cruise? dvc deernut enlightens us with his expertise over several pages beginning here:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2850795&page=40

Palo Brunch
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=47325479&postcount=779

Palo Dinner
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=47424488&postcount=845

Remy Champagne Brunch
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=47316042&postcount=769

Remy Dinner
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=47341399&postcount=793

Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport precruise stay
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=47542582&postcount=910

MCO to Port Canaveral using DCL transfers
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=47546359&postcount=912

Signature logo

Add our cruse logo to your Signature!!!

mickeyminnie_zps37e7d3ac.png

mickeyminnie5_zps78c6f4ce.png

Directions:
Quote this post as if you are replying (don't hit "submit reply")
copy the image size you wish
Go into your user cp
Select edit signature
position and paste in the signature area
preview and save changes

Here is a transferable Hi Definition image.

DVC20Cruise_HiRes_zps761805af.jpg

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :thumbsup2

Have a great cruise!

Greetings!

FI (well he’ll be DH then!) and I will be setting sail on our first Disney cruise as part of our honeymoon! We’ll also be enjoying MNSSHP and a little Food and Wine before the cruise sets sale. The days can’t go by fast enough!

Welcome Dreamer,
Sounds like a great Honeymoon trip. This will be our second cruise on the Dream and I'm sure you will love the ship!

Jim

Hi there. While we are no longer officaly booked in this cruise, (transferred the reservation to the Wonders Westbound Panama Canal sailing out of Miami) I will be booked on it again when I take the Wonder out to Hawaii. We are coming on this cruise as it is the one a really good friend has chosen to get married on. She meet her other half onboard the Magic's 2008 Westbound Panama Canal sailing that we went on. Anyway my name is Alan. If this is the cruise she sticks with I look forward to cruising with you all.

Just wanted to jump in and say :welcome: to everyone!

And a big congratulations to Dreamer 7787!!!! I took a sneak peek at your journal and Wow!!! What a beautiful story and wedding you are planning!!
Love the centerpieces! Thanks for sharing and please check-in and keep us posted!

Alan (aan1701) - glad to hear you might be joining us and with the possibility of a wedding on board! Very nice.

This is looking to be a great cruise!!

Thanks for the welcome. We will see if we stay with this cruise or not. I must be honest with all of you. If it weren't for the fact that our friend was planing to get married on this cruise there is no way I would concider it. We do not like anything less than a 7 night. Also we are not to thrilled about going on the Dream. Just it is to big. Still I was tought to make Lemonade from lemons so that's what we intend to do. There will be a few days after this cruise spent at AKV for Food and Wine. I know that. I know there will be no MNSSHP for us. I don't do Haloween. It maybe my least favorite holiday. I have never enjoyed being in a costume or anything assosisated with the day since I was a little kid, and that would take time away from Food and Wine and drinking around the World anyway.

Yay! Just changed our dates to this cruise. Very excited!

Orginally I wanted to do the Half-Marathon in January and do the cruise then. However, it was not looking like it was going to work out so we switched to this one. Hoping they will repeat the Tower of Terror Ten Miler on the last Saturday of September again next year. If so DD(will be 14 then) and I (will be 44) will run the ten miler while DH and DS (will be 11- one year too young to run race) enjoy the Villains Hollywood Bash party. The party ends at 3:00am so that gives us a few hours to sleep before getting to the port.

I am actually excited about the switch even though it means over eight months more to wait. We have been blessed to be able to go on 4 Disney trips (3xSeptember, 1x January), 3 with a Disney cruise, last one on the Dream. Our last trip we did the water parks for the first time and LOVED them. And while the whole trip was totally magical, the top highlight for me was snorkeling at Castaway Cay. I was worried about January temps not allowing us to enjoy these. Plus our first Disney cruise my DD turned 7 on the ship, this cruise she will turn 15. She really wanted to turn 13 on the last cruise but we talked her into trying a 4 night instead of a 3 because for some reason the price was the same. We celebrated but I don't think it was quite the same.

Danielle, I loved reading you planning journal. Just reading it makes one happy. I was telling my DD and she was just as tickled as I was with all the details. We could so see me taking the pictures and her say "Keep taking pictures, Mom!" That is a memory they will never forget! I am married to my high school sweetheart too.:hug::hug: Love him more every year:love::love:

Alan, The Dream maybe bigger but there are plenty of spaces for everyone and it was never too crowded when we were there. We did FE and did get our exercise in delivering gifts-but it was soooo fun!:thumbsup2 We loved the Dream!

Christine and Jim, Thanks for getting this thread started. Sounds like you will have an awesome group with you. If you have a Regina in the group- gotta be a grand crew:rotfl:(Bet you can't guess my name):lmao:

I am sure there are plenty of spaces and such. I am looking forward to watching some games at 687, drinking late at Evalutuon, riding the Duck. I am not looking forward to the size of the ship, the small adult pool, or the poor design of some of the areas of the ship I have been reading about. Still it's a vacation, that beats being at work.

Welcome aboard everyone,
Christine and I have been going to WDW for years and had our first cruise ever last year on the Dream. We did a 4 day in May because we didn't know how we would do on a longer one. We also did the FE and enjoyed it very much.The stairs are much faster than elevators.

Alan, we were worried about crowds too knowing that our cruise was a sellout, but solid planning really paid off. I'm sure we'll be joining you at 687 for a Phillies playoff game or two!(oh yeah!):woohoo:
Speaking of planning - we hopefully removed all worries from this cruise by booking concierge - we'll see.

We originally planned on a Halloween cruise, then moved it up to improve our chances for warmer weather.
My biggest highlight was renting a Cabana on Castaway Cay. It simply doesn't get any better than that! Although next time we will try the snorkling. I think we were too busy lounging and biking and didn't find the time.

Regina, it's great that you have a family of runners. Last summer Christine and I started the couch to 5k program but only ran a few times before ending up back on the couch. We did like it although walking may suit us better. Does anyone walk the Disney races?

Jim

Jim, we "run" but we are not runners. LOL My DH runs more than us all but I utilize the Jeff Galloway run/walk method. We "run" because we like to EAT and the genes that were past down to us were from ancestors that needed to survive the ice age. :lmao: Trust me, if you saw us, you would not believe we run 3-5 days a week.:lmao: We sign up to do 5Ks because it keeps us motivated. They are actually a lot of fun. And many walkers do races! If you have a smart phone an app like ismoothrun can help you pace yourself. You only have to do a 16 minute mile for Disney races. I would train for less because you might want to take pictures with a few characters along the way.

You should definitely try the snorkeling. My family are all great swimmers. But I took my first swim lesson not long after having my DS(9). I am good until about my third breath, and then I panic. So, we purchased snorkel gear so we could practice before going. I loved it sooooooo much! So much that I had a VERY burnt back. This time we will all have either rash guard shirts or shortie wetsuits. I purchased this really cool waterproof bag for my camera and we have amazing photos and videos. My DD and I even got to see a shark swim right under us. So cool! An amazing experience!

Another vote for the stairs. Only used the elevators a handful of times. Stairs are much quicker and help to work off the extra food we eat on-board.

We have never done the biking on Castaway but would like to try it. We never can do everything we want to do. As a matter of fact this time we will probably skip a few dinners in the main dining rooms to do somethings we wanted to do. One night last cruise we did Cabanas for dinner and it was very nice. I think they use it for training, the food and servers were great. So we may do that when the schedule conflicts.

I know it is a long way off but it sure is fun thinking about it:thumbsup2

Regina

Regina and Family,

WELCOME!!! So glad to have you cruisers joining in!!

Love your planning ideas so far. We too are considering non-rotational dining options. The 4 night goes by so fast! Having all meals timed the same was not ideal.

Alan, I'm sure you're busy getting ready for that upcoming Hawaiian cruise! What a trip!! So jealous!!
I hear you about the length and size of this cruise. Still, it's a great way to attend a 4-day wedding!!

Alan, I'm sure you're busy getting ready for that upcoming Hawaiian cruise! What a trip!! So jealous!!
I hear you about the length and size of this cruise. Still, it's a great way to attend a 4-day wedding!!
Acctualy I am getting ready to fly to WDW for my on Tuesday night for my week long birthday trip. We have 7 nights on the club level of AKL in a studio. Then Hawai'i. Yes I can't wait for that one. My friend who is getting married is going in that cruise. It is going to be a blast. Then we have 11 nights again at WDW for food and wine. Then the Panama Cruise. Maybe a Alsaka cruise then this. So the vacation slate is full.

Acctualy I am getting ready to fly to WDW for my on Tuesday night for my week long birthday trip. We have 7 nights on the club level of AKL in a studio. Then Hawai'i. Yes I can't wait for that one. My friend who is getting married is going in that cruise. It is going to be a blast. Then we have 11 nights again at WDW for food and wine. Then the Panama Cruise. Maybe a Alsaka cruise then this. So the vacation slate is full.

Alan,
have a great birthday. AKV concierge is one of our favorite stays in WDW. I'm very comfortable there. Hawaii is on my bucket list along with a Disney Med cruise. Preferrably with a stop in Croatia, my Grandfather's birth place. We would have booked the 2013 Med(Venice/Croatia), had we not already committed to this cruise. Hopefully they will offer it again.

Please, let us know how your birthday trip goes and have a great time.

Jim

Wow Alan!!

Great plans!! Would love to be down there for Leap Day. Let me know how long you lasted! :lmao:

Happy Birthday!

Just popping in to say hi. Birthday went well. Had a great dinner at Ohana. Did the Sunrise Safari this morning. That was cool. Right now just sitting on the lounge having some beer and watching the Lakers.

Ahhhh! Really jealous now.

Love the AK Concierge lounge!! It's beautiful during the holidays.

Well the Fantasy arrived today. Watched her sail in live on the webcam and for a few fleeting moments of panic thought about jumping ship!! :rotfl: But we're pretty well set up with our group for this gig so................... who's up for 2014???????????

Yes the lounge has been great, but like all great thing it must end. We will be flying home tomorrow night. I must admit that I am a little happy that the trip is over. That means, and I apologize in advance if this sounds like braging, but the trip to Hawaii is the next trip in just a few short weeks. We will be back at AKL for 11 nights in. Value studio in Sept for EPCOT's 30th. I hope is well with everyone.

Yes the lounge has been great, but like all great thing it must end. We will be flying home tomorrow night. I must admit that I am a little happy that the trip is over. That means, and I apologize in advance if this sounds like braging, but the trip to Hawaii is the next trip in just a few short weeks. We will be back at AKL for 11 nights in. Value studio in Sept for EPCOT's 30th. I hope is well with everyone.

Hi Alan,

I'm sure your leap day trip was good. Did you "park it" for 24hrs.?

I was wondering if Epcot is doing anything special for their 30th anniversary?

I peeked at your Hawaiian cruise meet and wow, can't get a word in edge wise! :hyper2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter