September 29,2013 - DVC Member Cruise

This is our first Disney Cruise so I have no pictures, but I did find this tilt-shift video made by Disney. Although it features the Disney Wonder, it is interesting and fun to watch. Here is the link:

A Model Vacation on Disney Cruise Line - Exclusive Tilt-Shift Video

That's a great video.

jmspk19 - We booked this cruise 22 months ago and after all the planning, booking, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting and packing the actual cruise will feel like it's going as quick as that video, so when you're delivering FE gifts you should run as fast as the people in the video.

Although the 4 night cruises do pass quickly, I've never felt rushed at all. Just deliver gifts at your own pace and have fun.

Ok thanks guys! It sounds like maybe I was overthinking the FE a little bit :) which is certainly better than under thinking it!

I just want to make sure we didn't disappoint anyone with our first try.

What a cool video! I loved the way it was produced. It almost looked like stop motion, reminded me of Gumby!!

jmspk19 and Johnny Quest, the video is pretty neat. I love how the Disney Wonder, people and cars look like miniature toys. So cute!

They also have a Magic Kingdom and an EPCOT one.

Great video!

thanks.

I keep looking at everyone's countdown tickers and I can't believe how close this cruise is.

I have to figure out how to make sure it doesn't fly by once we board.

We signed up late (they had some cabins open up).

We're excited to do another Member Cruise.... I'm wondering how they can top DVC Monopoly and seeing Frankenweenie in 3D ? :)

We signed up late (they had some cabins open up).

We're excited to do another Member Cruise.... I'm wondering how they can top DVC Monopoly and seeing Frankenweenie in 3D ? :)

Welcome aboard,

Speaking of Frankenweenie...has anyone heard what movies will be showing on this cruise?

Welcome aboard,

Speaking of Frankenweenie...has anyone heard what movies will be showing on this cruise?

Someone posted on FB

Planes, Lone Ranger, Monsters U, Iron Man 3, Wreck-it-Ralph, Nemo 3D, OZ Great & Powerful.

So far we have seen them all but Planes ;-)

Someone posted on FB

Planes, Lone Ranger, Monsters U, Iron Man 3, Wreck-it-Ralph, Nemo 3D, OZ Great & Powerful.

So far we have seen them all but Planes ;-)

Wow,
We have only seen Wreck-it-Ralph and that was on the Fantasy. Looks like we'll be doing some late night movies on this cruise.

Question: what's the dress code for dinner? Im traveling with 13yr old twin daughters who practically live in shorts & sweatshirts ...

Wow,
We have only seen Wreck-it-Ralph and that was on the Fantasy. Looks like we'll be doing some late night movies on this cruise.

My kids are still little so we tend to go. Keeps them quietly occupied. Lone Ranger was good, Loved Monster U and Iron Man. I'm really hoping after reading other comments they will show Saving Mr. Banks in a special preview.

Question: what's the dress code for dinner? Im traveling with 13yr old twin daughters who practically live in shorts & sweatshirts ...

I just got an update from the DIS and DCL has just changed the dress code. Shorts are OK now. The sweatshirts I am not sure about. To me it will more than likely too warm for sweatshirts.

I just got an update from the DIS and DCL has just changed the dress code. Shorts are OK now. The sweatshirts I am not sure about. To me it will more than likely too warm for sweatshirts.

There's been a lot of discussion on FB and the DIS Boards but the official DCL web site still says this:

Dining dress requirements vary by venue or theme night on your cruise. In general, most meals are "Cruise Casual"—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops. Most cruises also have special theme nights with additional attire requirements.

On 4-night cruises:

First night: cruise casual—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops
One pirate or tropical night (deck party)
One "optional dress-up night"—jacket for men, dress or pantsuit for women
Final night: cruise casual—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops

Admittedly, the DCL web site is not always kept as up-to-date as it should.

There's been a lot of discussion on FB and the DIS Boards but the official DCL web site still says this:

Dining dress requirements vary by venue or theme night on your cruise. In general, most meals are "Cruise Casual"—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops. Most cruises also have special theme nights with additional attire requirements.

On 4-night cruises:

First night: cruise casual—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops
One pirate or tropical night (deck party)
One "optional dress-up night"—jacket for men, dress or pantsuit for women
Final night: cruise casual—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops

Admittedly, the DCL web site is not always kept as up-to-date as it should.

I got the DIS daily update today. When I clicked on the link it goes to a news thing on the DIS dated 8/10/13. On the 3, 4 and 5 nights cruises we did they have not been real strict on the dress code. Most of us seem to have a who cares attitude as long as they are neat and clean. Myself I do mind the swimwear in the MDR. The one time someone bothered me was a male who was clean and neat wore a tank top but he had a large amount of body hair. He was not near us so he didn't bother our meal.

Looking forward to catching up on the movies. What are the show time schedules like?:earsboy:

dream18.jpg

Hello everyone!

We signed up for the cruise the first day it was available, but I didn't know about this board until my brother (jmspk19) told me about it...so here we are!

We would like to do the FE as well, and he told us to sign up from the link.

We are looking forward to an awesome cruise!

Hello everyone!

We signed up for the cruise the first day it was available, but I didn't know about this board until my brother (jmspk19) told me about it...so here we are!

Hi Meagan,
Welcome to the Disboards. Just go to the first page on this thread and click on the link to the main FE group and request to join. You will receive an email with instructions.

Thanks,
Jim

Hello everyone!

Hi again Meagan,
I just checked out the main fe list and saw that your brother has already signed you up, that's good. You should still join from the first page so you'll have the ability to view the list.

I also noticed that your stateroom is right next door to my brother and family. He and his Wife are traveling with their Daughter and her Husband and 16m old son. We have the 4 staterooms in a row right next to you. It's nice that his Grandson will get to meet some other children. As you will see on the FE list there are a few others from our meet thread in concierge as well, so we're looking forward to meeting you guys. It will be here before you know it.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter