*September 2019 Check-In*

I just booked Sept 23-27 and staying off site. Is it going to be crazy around this time?

I’m glad we still get Halloween treats and atmosphere

... For anyone who has done a DCA Halloween party before - do lots of food & drink locations stay open?..
The last time the parties were in DCA was many years ago and the set up was very different. No one knows for certain yet what the set up will be for OBB. But when the parties were in DL, not all, but many CS locations stayed open for most of the party. It was possible to grab a corn dog or get chowder in a bread bowl. I think Jolly Holiday Bakery stayed open, too. But TS locations closed early to make sure that non-party guests exited the park before MHP started. There was a special themed dinner for party guests at BB, so there might be a special TS dinner somewhere in DCA for OBB. We'll see!

There is usually a special fireworks show on Halloween party nights. Hallowishes. That's usually listed separately.
The Halloween fireworks show at DL is called Halloween Screams. Hallowishes is at WDW.

There won’t be fireworks on party nights this year...
Correct, there won't be fireworks for OBB, but there will be a Halloween WOC. And DL has announced that Halloween Screams will run with projections most nights and fireworks on select nights (probably weekends).

I know that it's 59 days to my visit and am trying to book dining resos, but the park hours are only available up until mid-September.
I'm also trying to book WOC Dessert Party, but online only shows the availability up until 9/2 :(

I know that it's 59 days to my visit and am trying to book dining resos, but the park hours are only available up until mid-September.
I'm also trying to book WOC Dessert Party, but online only shows the availability up until 9/2 :(

This is pretty normal for DL, the park hours are usually about a month or so out, the dining packages for entertainment (WOC Dessert, Fantasmic packages) are usually slow to load, and then suddenly one random day they are there! I always start checking back daily about this time. I'm at 57 days now.

Yep - same boat! I know WOC doesn't happen on halloween party nights - but I really want to book the dessert party for the Wednesday! It's my 50th birthday so we want to splurge a wee bit.....

I'm in the same boat and I'm only 42 days out!

I booked all the regular dining I wanted at 60 days plus a Blue Bayou for the time I wanted. I’m hoping that as soon as the packages open up, I can book the blue bayou package for F! Dining and swap out my previous reservation for that one.

No world of color scheduled after Labor Day (so far). Bummer! I wonder if it’s down for the Halloween show to play during parties?

I have now entered the stage in my planning where I obsessively watch wait times to get a broad view of what our dates might be like. Taking into consideration that Halloween time always brings more people. Mostly watching MF to gauge whether we'll be able to pull it off at some point. If wait times are 50 or below I think I can keep my kiddo happy long enough.

I have all of our TS reservations set now too, unless Fantasmic! suddenly appears or they offer a dessert party for the night of our party. Spreadsheet is all updated! Getting excited!!

I have now entered the stage in my planning where I obsessively watch wait times to get a broad view of what our dates might be like. Taking into consideration that Halloween time always brings more people. Mostly watching MF to gauge whether we'll be able to pull it off at some point. If wait times are 50 or below I think I can keep my kiddo happy long enough.

I have all of our TS reservations set now too, unless Fantasmic! suddenly appears or they offer a dessert party for the night of our party. Spreadsheet is all updated! Getting excited!!

This is where I am at as well. Anxiously waiting for showtimes to drop with dessert party reservations haha

Me too! Checking wait times regularly and rewriting our itinerary - definitely not heading to SWGE straight after the park opens. After dinner and late evening seem to be the better times. All our dining reservations are booked, except for the WOC dessert party and we have a regular lunch booked at Blue Bayou, hoping to be able to swap it for a F! dining package.

Tomorrow we can start saying "I'm going to Disneyland next month!"

I’ve seen multiple references to booking blue bayou and then “swapping out for a F! Dinner package”. Is that possible? Ie are people calling to try and do that? I was just waiting for the packages to open up but may be thinking about it wrong.

I’ve seen multiple references to booking blue bayou and then “swapping out for a F! Dinner package”. Is that possible? Ie are people calling to try and do that? I was just waiting for the packages to open up but may be thinking about it wrong.
I use a travel agent and this is what she is doing for us, so I'm assuming its been done before!

I usually cancel the reservation I have then book the new one. I don’t bother calling. I only do this if the restaurant is a must do. Otherwise I just wait for packages to become available.

Booked a trip for Sept 10th and 11th. Staying at Anaheim Majestic for the one night. Flying in early Tuesday morning and home late Wednesday night. Couldn't pass up the $29 Southwest deal. Just want to check out the Halloween stuff for a quick trip.

The posted September hours currently do not show any Disneyland Forever fireworks, not even on weekends. Is this likely to stay as-is? I didn’t expect much mid-week but thought there would be fireworks on the eeekend. Our dates are later in September and aren’t posted yet, but I looked at what was out as an indicator.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter