*September 2019 Check-In*

avalon451

Errrr... what?
HALLOWEEN TIME BEGINS SEPTEMBER 6TH

OOGIE BOOGIE BASH at DCA: Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays, Sept. 17, 19, 22, 24, 26, 29: 6-11 p.m.

Here's our list of September arrivals- dates and hotel (if specified), and Halloween party attendees:

Lauren in NC Aug 30th-Sept 2nd, CCI
NicholeB630 Aug 31st- Sept 8th
kc10family Sept 1st-5th, GCH
cdoc29 Sept 2nd-7th, DLH
chimo2u Sept 2nd- 7th, GCH
mamamary Sept 3rd-7th, Hyatt House
momto3boysillbe Sept 4th-7th, Residence Inn Convention Center
GenGen22 Sept 7th, Delta Hotel
rpiff Sept 7th-10th Hyatt House
2 Pinks Sept 7th-14th, DLH
geergirl Sept 7th-14th, Portofino Inn
David.D Sept 7th-14th, GCH and Red Lion
piinksharpiie Sept 7th- 15th, Stanford Inn & Suites
dcraythorn Sept 8th-21st, Holiday Inn Anaheim
daveybarra Sept 9th-12th, DLH Fairytale Suite
mom2rb Sept 9th-13th, GVC
Jperiod Sept 9th-21st, Residence Inn Garden Grove
Elle23 Sept 10th-15th, DLR
MitchellDisney Sept 10th-24th, Discovery Inn
vala Sept 10th-28th, Clarion Hotel (and friends' house)
avalon451 Sept 11th-15th, DLH
lvdis Sept 12th-13th
taaren Sept 13th-15th, GVC
PatriciaH Sept 13th- 20th, Anaheim Harbor RV Park, OBB 17th
DarthGallifrey Sept 13th-21st, GVC
ChrissyLou Sept 14th-18, Stovall's
Valbot Sept 14th-18th, DLH, OBB 17th
Professor_Cookie Sept 14th-20th, Majestic Garden/ GCH, OBB 17th
Stardusty21 Sept 15th- 20th, GVC
accm Sept 16th-18th
Ivori23 Sept 17th-20th, Castle Inn, OBB 19th
ky. Sept 17th-21st, Anaheim Inn
LindsayShea3 Sept 18th-19th
Keels Sept 19th-23rd, GCH
LoganBrown1990 Sept 19th-26th, Motel 6
JanJan324 Sept 21st-25th, BW Stovalls
livingthedream Sept 21st-30th, DI&S, OBB 24th
dtstampz Sept 21st-25th, Tropicana, OBB 22nd
HalloweenQueen Sept 21st-25th, DI&S, OBB 24th
Deirdres Sept 21st- Oct 1st, GCV
mrsw94 Sept 22nd-25th, CCI
Faithful Raider Sept 22nd-28th, Homewood Suites, OBB 29th
masmixer Sept 23rd-25th, private apartment
coldbeaver Sept 23rd-27th
IAmElsan Sept 23rd-27th, Red Lion, OBB 24th & 26th
mjdisney17 Sept 24th-26th, DI&S, OBB 24th
Skjhjb Sept 24th-27th, DLH
jlhinvegas Sept 24th- 28th, PVI, OBB 26th
Erin M Sept 24th-29th, PPH, OBB 26th
MATTERHORN Sept 24th-28th, DI&S, OBB 26th
Erin M Sept 24th-29th, DLH
Etonduf Sept 25th-28th, FFI
Elk Grove Christ Sept 25th-28th, Marriott Convention Center
CharleneTheDM Sept 25th-29th, Hyatt Regency OC
rachaeld Sept 25th-Oct 10th, BWP Raffles
Arendelle Ice Queen Sept 26th-27th, Knott's Berry Farm Hotel, OBB 26th
DisTXMom Sept 27th-29th, DLH
YoDisney Sept 27th-Oct 1st, Sheraton Park, OBB 29th
tarheelalum Sept 27th-Oct 9th
branv Sept 28th-Oct 2nd, BWPII, OBB 29th
lindyv321 Sept. 29th-30th, Desert Inn, OBB 29th
Tar_Heels_Love_WDW Sept 29th-Oct 2, PVI
BowlingAriel Sept 30th-Oct 5th, GVC, OBB 3rd (?)

Last edited:
Hi, DH and I will be going Sept 8th thru the 21st. we will be staying at the Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort. Can't wait.

Finally got our reservation set. We will be staying at the Villas at the Grand Californian, in a 2 bdrm Sept 27 - Oct 1. SO excited to have the reservation finalized, so I can officially say, We Are Booked!! They are 6 of us, but hopefully some family will be joining us. Will be skipping any Halloween parties, as we did WDW last year, and DL the two years prior. I asked our "kids" (2 adults and a teenager), which they would prefer. Blue Bayou with F! or the party, and they all voted for the dinner. Saves me from having to make 6 costumes and lugging all the accessories. Can't wait for SWGE info to be announced!

My daughter and I are going Sept. 15-20. I haven't booked air yet as I am hoping we can hit up the Halloween party on the 20th. I am hoping it won't be too crazy with Star Wars Land opening.

I complained so much about Desert Inn last time we were there-- DH and I in Sept. of '16... because I asked for a top floor room as far forward as possible, and they stuck us way in the back. However, for the 4 of us THIS September, we got the family suite, which is 2 connecting rooms, each with two queen beds, for $223 with AARP discount. Can't beat that for two rooms. So back we go... mostly because it's literally AT the crosswalk. The breakfast is lame, the pool is lame... but we eat in the room and don't use the pool anyway. And it's reasonably clean. And earplugs are a thing if the air conditioning unit gets rattly, or if somebody on the walkway outside is dragging a suitcase past late at night!

ETA: I switched to DLH. I swore I'd never do this. But, several factors contributed: the news that my DD23 and SIL can can join us; considering the advantage that EMH may be able to afford us since we are expecting epic crowds due to SW:GE (does anybody besides me find themselves pronouncing that in their head like "SWAYJE"?); DH had a unexpected windfall of a bonus this year so there's a bit extra lying around; and just the fact that we are ALL going, for the first time in 11 years since our first somewhat disastrous family trip when the kids were young.

Last edited:
My wife and I are taking our kids the 25th through the 28th. For the first time, were trying Fairfield Inn because we can use points to pay for the room. Past two trips we stayed at Camelot and once before that we were at Park Place Inn. We had good experiences at both of those, so we're hoping this one works out.

It will also be our first time going that time of year--we usually go in February.

We are going September 9th-13th. We are staying at GCV. My boys turn 21 in August, DH birthday is on the 9th and mine is on the 11th.

Hubby and I where originally going to celebrate my 50th bday in January 2020, but we are now going September 2-7, staying at the GCH. I’m excited as we haven’t been to DL since we where dating in 1990!!! Lots new to see

We are coming from New Zealand and staying at Best Western Plus Raffles from 28 September until 10 October and we will have 10 day park hoppers. Myself,my husband and our to girls who will be 14 and 13 (turning 14 while we are there). This will be our second visit, our first was in 2015. We will do a few full days in the parks, but then our strategy will be rope drop for a few hours then go do something else for the day and maybe come back for some evenings.

My parents will also be in the USA and Canada at the same time and they will be joining us for the last few days and coming to the parks with us. It will be their first Disney park experience and will be interesting to see how they cope being in their mid 70’s, but they are quite active and my dad loves his photography so he should be happy taking lots of photos.

I'm an early bird this year.

September 10 - 28, mostly staying with friends with a few days at the Clarion Hotel.

Are any of you regular/repeat September visitors? Although I've looked at a little weather stuff, I'd be interested to hear first-hand thoughts about Anaheim weather in September. Does the summer heat linger that long typically? We'd prefer to be on the cool side, but it looks like sometimes September can still be pretty warm.

Are any of you regular/repeat September visitors? Although I've looked at a little weather stuff, I'd be interested to hear first-hand thoughts about Anaheim weather in September. Does the summer heat linger that long typically? We'd prefer to be on the cool side, but it looks like sometimes September can still be pretty warm.

The summer heat can linger well into October. I've been through a few scorchers over the years where temperatures hit 100 degrees even in late September to middle of October.

My daughter is in college now so we try to go after the elementary and high schools start but before college which for Oregon is September 23 this year. So we are there the 2nd or 3rd week of September and it is always HOT. At least what this Oregonian considers hot, high 80's low to mid 90's. It's even been in high 90's. But we have also had rain days too, then the sun will come out and it will be hot and humid!

I was there in mid Sept. 2016 and was also worried because I’d heard stories of meltingly high heat. We lucked out though, it was very pleasant and mid 80’s at the warmest. One other visit in mid Oct, and again, it was pleasant. It’s a gamble, really.

I guess it's relevant to mention that we live in AZ, so "hot" is definitely relative! It will be a bummer if it's at or near 100 when we're there, but we know that's a possibility.

Can't decide on 4 or 5 day hoppers. We've done both. 4 can feel kind of rushed if it's busy-- 2 full days and a bit more than half a day on either end. If it's still crazy in mid September, 5 days might be better so we can be more leisurely. The last time we did 5 days, though, both DH and I were pretty Disney'ed out by the last day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!