September 15, 2013 Disney Dream

Just booked . Yeah. First cruise for both me and my sister. Also spending approx 6 days at WDW. Can't wait. Would love to do FE, have lots I crafty ideas that I might do.

jbrock2013 said:
New to this board, not new to disney cruise though. Will b our second. What is FE? Didnt know about this before. And whats DD, DH DM, etc mean?

FE-Fish Exchange :)

DD, DH, DM-Are your family members (daughter, husband, mother)

Hope that helps :)

Thanks! I'm looking forward to it. Its a secret so far from my kids. It'll b myself, son-17 and daughter-15. Going for an early bday present for my son b4 he turns 18. He raved about Vibe & has wanted to go again.

Hey guys! We're trying to decide if it's necessary to get passports for this trip. We have a DD5 and DD2 traveling with us, and we are going back and forth on the issue. Anyone else going without? Anyone think we're crazy to go without one? Thanks! 170 Days to go!!! :woohoo:

No, its not necessary. I have took this cruise along with another that took us to countries not owned by US & never had an issue. I do bring birth certificates. You are only required to have one if you are flying to/from.

Hey everyone! We are curt and Mel from sask Canada. We will be on this cruise and he 3 after it. So excited to be doing back to backs!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We plan on driving down the day before our cruise from South Carolina. I'm researching some different park and cruise hotels. Anyone have any good suggestions or tips about parking and getting to the terminal? Thanks!

Has an FE group been set up yet for this cruise? I am a first time disney cruiser and am very excited about the FE. Our party includes 3 staterooms that I believe are all going to participate.

Hey guys! We're trying to decide if it's necessary to get passports for this trip. We have a DD5 and DD2 traveling with us, and we are going back and forth on the issue. Anyone else going without? Anyone think we're crazy to go without one? Thanks! 170 Days to go!!! :woohoo:

No, its not necessary. I have took this cruise along with another that took us to countries not owned by US & never had an issue. I do bring birth certificates. You are only required to have one if you are flying to/from.

It is not a requirement to have a passport when traveling on a cruise ship. But, if something were to happen unexpectedly where you do not return to the U.S. on the ship (maybe got sick and had to be hospitalized at Nassau-therefore missing the ship), you would be required to have a U.S. Passport to come back to the U.S. via airplane. I know the chances are highly unlikely, but a lot of people would rather have that peace of mind.

If you're a family of four and don't have the extra $$$ to buy all passports at once, maybe get one passport each month or month and a half so the cost is spread out and not so hard on the checkbook. And...a passport card does not work....you have to get the full blown passport BOOK. The cards are only good for traveling in/out via vehicle...not air.

It is not a requirement to have a passport when traveling on a cruise ship. But, if something were to happen unexpectedly where you do not return to the U.S. on the ship (maybe got sick and had to be hospitalized at Nassau-therefore missing the ship), you would be required to have a U.S. Passport to come back to the U.S. via airplane. I know the chances are highly unlikely, but a lot of people would rather have that peace of mind.

If you're a family of four and don't have the extra $$$ to buy all passports at once, maybe get one passport each month or month and a half so the cost is spread out and not so hard on the checkbook. And...a passport card does not work....you have to get the full blown passport BOOK. The cards are only good for traveling in/out via vehicle...not air.

Thanks!

we planned on just using birth certificates. we aren't planning on any excursions. but might go check out the shopping in nassau. do you think that we should go ahead and get them passport cards? :confused3

we planned on just using birth certificates. we aren't planning on any excursions. but might go check out the shopping in nassau. do you think that we should go ahead and get them passport cards? :confused3

The passport cards will do absolutely no good because they are only good for those traveling back into the US in a vehicle. They are not good for flying or cruising.

The actual passport book is a good thing to have in case of an emergency. For instance....you are in Nassau and someone in your family gets sick and has to be hospitalized. You miss the ship when it leaves Nassau. Your only way home is to fly and if you don't have a passport book, you can't get through customs.

Now, granted, it's a rare case that someone is hospitalized and misses the ship, but it can and has happened. And, it's not that you'll NEVER get back home, but it would take a lot of time, money, and hassle dealing with the US Government. To me, it's just worth it to spend the money every 5-10 years on a passport.

We plan on driving down the day before our cruise from South Carolina. I'm researching some different park and cruise hotels. Anyone have any good suggestions or tips about parking and getting to the terminal? Thanks!

We have always enjoyed staying at the Radisson at the Port. Here's what we do:

DH drives us and all of our luggage to the terminal and drops us off. Then he goes back to the Radisson and parks the car in the Cruise parking lot and he takes the shuttle back to the terminal. That way we don't have to handle the luggage quite as long and only one person has to ride the shuttle. (when you're waiting to get on that shuttle, it can take quite a while, and then it takes them a while to unload all the luggage at the terminal) The shuttle used to be free but now I guess they charge per person when you just stay the night at the Radisson. They DO have cruise packages, but they are a little bit more expensive and they include breakfast and maybe the shuttle. We always just go across the street to McDonald's for breakfast.

Hope that all makes sense! :goodvibes

So...what is everyone planning for Nassau?

I'm not interested in shopping. DD is not interested in sightseeing. I strongly dislike feeling pressured into buying stuff I don't want, and I'm a little worried about being mugged if we go off on our own somewhere. DD would like to go to Atlantis, but I feel that the excursion is too expensive for what you get. In addition, I'm just not crazy over water parks... so I guess I just don't really want to go to Atlantis lol.

Are there any beaches that are clean, easy to get to, and where I won't be bugged to buy stuff or have our hair braided?

For now, I'm kind of leaning towards just staying on the ship since it's our first cruise and I don't feel like four days is enough time to do all we'd like to do. Then again, it seems crazy to visit a new place and then just look at it from onboard and not actually GO anywhere lol. :rolleyes2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter