Sept 2012 Pre-Trip Report ~ 10 days out & DH has his MNSSHP costume! ~

princess_ariel_85

DIS Veteran
Pre-Trip Report 2012: We're heading back!

Hi guys, so most of you don't really know me... I spent most of my time in the last year in the Wedding and Honeymoon section. I dip into the UK forums occasionally, it's a nice area to come to so you'll probably see alot more of me. :goodvibes

I'll start off with a simple introduction, I'm Ruth and my husband is James. We got married in WDW on the 4th of October 2011(Wedding PJ/TR) . We said that that trip was going to be our last, however within a month of coming back we'd booked another trip ;)

We will be staying in Pop Century again and will be there from 7th Sept to 21st Sept.

Here are a few pics from our last trip.

Me and James at our MK shoot.
PH259201011-0238-1.jpg

Me and James with Mary Poppins
DSCF0307.jpg

Me, James and our bridesmaids meeting the Dwarves
DSCF0342.jpg

The castle
DSCF0334.jpg

At the moment we are just 47 days away from being able to make ADRs - should we decide to make any. We usually wing it to be honest. On our last visit we made a few ADRs and felt tied down to them because they were places I really wanted to go. Until then we'd never made any ADRs before so it was a new experience for us and in all honesty I don't think it's something we're overly bothered about this time round. I'm not saying I won't make any because there's bound to be somewhere I desperatly want to try lol.

Actually... there is one ADR I hope to make. I really want to do the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party (again). I enjoyed it last time, James didn't come with me because it was a girls night and he's not as big on desserts as I am.

While we're over in WDW we also plan to do US/IOA on at least 2 days. It'll be sad for me because Jaws is gone. I loved that ride :rotfl:I also want to fit in a day at Sea World and if we can fit it in legoland.
Also in our plans - if the dates are right we will hopefully go to MNSSHP. We enjoyed it last time and loved it. I'm already forming plans in my head over what costume to buy. I love fancy dress!

Any way, sorry to bore you all. I need an outlet for this because people at work don't understand....

Sounds like a fab plan!! Good time of year to go too, we'll be out there at the same time :thumbsup2

Looking forward to reading more as your plans develop.
(Going to start my own PTR soon too)

And you talk as much as you want on here, you know we ALL understand! :rotfl:

I know what you mean about people from work not understanding...:) We also wing it with the ADR because I hate being tied to one place. Part of the fun is just doing what you want when you want without some huge touring plan! I think that you see more detail in the parks this way instead of the 'eyes down whats next on the list' kinda routine. We have always managed to eat where we want but you just have to be more flexible on the times..

We are also there from 3rd to 24th Sept at POR to celebrate my BIG birthday!!!!!!!!:banana: :banana:

Great pre-trippy. You obviously like Pop Century then. It was the first WDW hotel we stayed at and we really loved it - but then we discovered DVC...

To be honest, you won't really have a problem 'winging it' when it comes to dining since September is such a quiet time to go. We have never had any problems getting walk-ups at most places in September.

Love the picture of you outside the castle in your wedding gear :thumbsup2

Sounds like a fab plan!! Good time of year to go too, we'll be out there at the same time :thumbsup2

Looking forward to reading more as your plans develop.
(Going to start my own PTR soon too)

And you talk as much as you want on here, you know we ALL understand! :rotfl:

Thanks for reading along, where will you be stopping? x

I know what you mean about people from work not understanding...:) We also wing it with the ADR because I hate being tied to one place. Part of the fun is just doing what you want when you want without some huge touring plan! I think that you see more detail in the parks this way instead of the 'eyes down whats next on the list' kinda routine. We have always managed to eat where we want but you just have to be more flexible on the times..

We are also there from 3rd to 24th Sept at POR to celebrate my BIG birthday!!!!!!!!:banana: :banana:

Wow! What a way to spend your birthday :goodvibes glad we're not the only ones who wing it x

Great pre-trippy. You obviously like Pop Century then. It was the first WDW hotel we stayed at and we really loved it - but then we discovered DVC...

To be honest, you won't really have a problem 'winging it' when it comes to dining since September is such a quiet time to go. We have never had any problems getting walk-ups at most places in September.

Love the picture of you outside the castle in your wedding gear :thumbsup2

Thank you, glad to hear Septembers a quiet time to go. Btw I love reading your trip reports, gets me all excited for the next trip x

Just a small... unteresting update....

I'm on a day off today so I've been catching up with housework, or well I was until I felt the urge to come onto the boards.

I've decided to pre-order the photopass CD next pay day. I told DH about it, he's not bothered about it lol. Personally I would like to have photos with us both in for a change. I'm always infront of the camera and I'm fed up of looking like a loner ;)

I'm also on the hunt for my MNSSHP which I know may be a little crazy considering we don't know 100% for sure if we're going. I could just not buy a costume and reuse an old one but I love fancy dress so I could always make room for a new costume. DH already knows what he'll be going as. He brought a chefs hat from DLP saying 'Bon Appetite' with Remy poking out of it, so he says he'll go as Linguini from Ratatouille.

Here he is in DLP.
jameshat.jpg

As for me I'm not sure. I'm thinking either Rapunzel or Ariel (because she's my fav) My mind will probably change several times between now and september.

Thats about it for today...

Your plans sound great :)
A lot of people are saying that since you have to leave a credit card guarantee and are charged if you don't show for some of the more popular restaurants, getting a walk up is so much easier
Don't forget that the Food & Wine Festival will probably by on whilst you are there so you will have more than enough dining options!

How exciting to be planning another trip. DH wasn't too bothered when I mentioned the photopass either (but think that's the Yorkshire in him :laughing:)

Your plans sound great :)
A lot of people are saying that since you have to leave a credit card guarantee and are charged if you don't show for some of the more popular restaurants, getting a walk up is so much easier
Don't forget that the Food & Wine Festival will probably by on whilst you are there so you will have more than enough dining options!

Thanks for reading! We were there for F&W last year but didn't really have alot to do with it. If we do happen to catch a bit of it this time, we'll be sure to join in.

How exciting to be planning another trip. DH wasn't too bothered when I mentioned the photopass either (but think that's the Yorkshire in him :laughing:)

Thanks for reading, DH shuts off when i start jibbering on about photopass so it might not just be a Yorkshire thing :laughing::goodvibes

201 days to go! :yay:

I'm aware it's not overly exciting because it's still in the 200's but well I'm easily excited! :upsidedow

180 days is getting closer, I know I said I wouldn't really make any ADRs but I get excited at 180 days ebcause then if I want to book something I can... 180 days means the trip is actually happening. I often have to pinch myself to make sure I'm not having a cruel dream.

Because I'm off work today and I'm bored I started thinking about what we need to do before we go... so far my list is as follows...

~ I need a new Passport.
~ Money
~ I need to make a new Disney driving CD. I brought a new Disney CD and it now has songs from Hercules, Tangled and Princess and the Frog. It's now tradition to listen to Disney music on our drive to Manchester
~ Pre-order Photopass
~ Think about an underwater camera
~ MNSSHP tickets & costume.
~ Book Dessert Party
~ finish paying for trip
~ Buy more holiday clothes!

So far DH has booked us in at the Radison Blu hotel for the night before we fly. Oh yeah and my Mum has already placed an order of what she wants from the Christmas Shop at DTD. For someone who wasn't a big fan of Disney sure changed her mine last year, she now likes Disney and dedicated a whole Christmas tree to Disney (she love love loves Christmas.. and has 3 trees, so this is a big thing for her :laughing:)

I've been saving some money, spending money isn't an issue but I've been putting all my spare change into a pot. I was bored one day so I made a little sign for the pot. I know it says Disney 2012 spending money but it's actually 'Ruth's drinking around the world fund' ;)
DSCF1314.jpg

A small non-trip thing... I have purchased a Disney Designer Doll, I'm just impatiently waiting for her to turn up. :teeth:

Your plans all sound fab - don't feel bad about getting excited already - I'm already contemplating planning and we can't go back until Summer 2013 :lmao:
Just an opinion about Photopass - we did the preorder CD and loved it. We got well over 200 photos and really enjoyed playing with them to add borders and things once we'd returned. Like you say, it was great to actually have good photos that included us all rather than standing there like a Nobby No-mates! I would recommend it.

Looking forward to reading more :goodvibes

It starts getting even more exciting when you near the 180 days mark, doesn't it? :banana:

You asked earlier in the thread where we'll be staying - we're splashing out and staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge this time. Well, it is our honeymoon :lovestruc

I have a list of things to do as well, but most of it will need to wait until the middle of April or after - the wedding's on the 12th! I will, however, be spending some time checking park hours when they are released soon, and making ADRs when that magic 180 day window opens... :surfweb: The wedding's pretty much sorted anyway :rotfl:

Looking forward to joining in your excitement a bit more!

Time to tick another thing off the to-do list.

I have just pre-ordered to Photopass CD & photo book. Yay.

Good to have another thing done and this month I need to definitely sort out my passport and MNSSHP costume which at the minute is still Ariel. :lovestruc

185 days till we go and it can't come soon enough. I need my Disney fix!

Oh my gosh!!! I loved reading your posts and your excitement is so normal like 185 days your almost in the 170s :) hehe WOW I cant imagine how exciting it is to be going in 2012, as for the people at work....they dont no what they are missing :cool1:
You looked amazing on your wedding day the pictures are truly magical!!!! :love:
The savings jar is just priceless :rotfl: such a cute sign :cutie:
As for ADR I really cant advise, my last trip to WDW was back in 2008 and I didnt book any BUT did miss out on quite a few things I wanted so maybe get them for the ones you really really dont want to miss :)
The tomorrowland terrace dessert party is making my mouth water sounds amazing:worship:

Okay so we're now at 178 days. Time seems to be flying by.

I know I said I wouldn't be booking ADRs because we didn't want to be tied down but I caved a little and booked some ADRs. (I will add 3 of these are at DHs request!)

We tried to book them online on Sunday which was the 180 mark but we couldn't get our 12 digit number to work :headache: I was a little worried at first.

DH managed to get Cali Grill yesterday because the day he booked it for was 180 days. 1 down 3 more to go.

Today I phoned a nice lady and got the other 3 ressies I wanted and on the days I wanted them too! She apologised for the online reservation system bless her and got it all sorted for me.

So our ADRs as follows are...

Saturday Sept 8th - Cali Grill 7.50pm
Monday Sept 10th - Hollywood Brown Derby Fantasmic Package 5.25pm
Thursday Sept 13th - T-Rex 9pm
Sunday Sept 16th - Cinderella's Royal Table 7.15pm

We wanted CRT because we didn't do it last time and it would be nice to eat in the castle. DH kept hinting at a Fantasmic package so we're doing that and he also hinted at Cali so we could see wishes from a different perspective.

I'm still waiting on the Dessert Party which is the main one I wanted.

It feels good to have them out the way, it means the trips getting closer! :banana::banana:

Hi! I'll be going to WDW around the same dates as you also to POP, I'm also really excited! I'm waiting till next week to make ADR, I'll be booking California Grill one night too, but it's hard to make a decision on which day at what time I'll be there in 6 months!
Keep coming with the updates, love trip reports they get me excited for my trip too :cool1:

Hi! I'll be going to WDW around the same dates as you also to POP, I'm also really excited! I'm waiting till next week to make ADR, I'll be booking California Grill one night too, but it's hard to make a decision on which day at what time I'll be there in 6 months!
Keep coming with the updates, love trip reports they get me excited for my trip too :cool1:

Hiya! Have you stayed in POP before? I love it. I'm bad at updating but I'll try to be better lol Thanks for reading :)
:cool1:

It's exciting, isn't it? We booked most of ours yesterday too!

I've just read your ADR list, sounds wonderful. :goodvibes

I love Cali Grill always go on our last night.

I'm so excited about Cali Grill. We've never been but I've always heard good things about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter