• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sending packages to DVC resorts

gonzalj1

DIS Veteran
Hi All. I've seen this topic posted before the crash but haven't seen anything since. So I'm soory to ask but I can't remember what was said in the previous threads.

My DW and I are planning two trips this year with our new DD (2 months old and Daddy's little girl) and would like to ship down some non-perishable items like diapers, wipes etc to avoid having to pack them.

Has anyone done this and how did it work?
Where did you ship to?
How did you label the package?

To complicate matters we are checking in on Sundays both visits. How would we handle getting the package there on either Friday or Saturday? Would they hold the package until we checked in?

Thanks for all your help.

John and Anita

I'm not sure that this completely answers your question because I have not done this at a DVC resort yet. Last year when we stayed at CBR we used netgrocer for some snacks and diapers,wipes, all that stuff I didn't want to pack. They have reasonable prices, and they can tell you how long it will take to arrive. You receive a FEdEx tracking number and can track your package. I set it up to arrive a day before we arrived. I just put our name under the resort name, with the resort address, and squeezed our arrival date on one of the extra address lines. When we checked in on Sat. the CM said we had a package, and retrieved it at check in. It was very easy. I believe that I have read many others experience with netgrocer and They have all been positive. I would think you could send your own package, but it might be just as easy to use a service like this. When I checked the tracking info, it even showed the name of the CM that signed for the package. I least I felt like I had some sort of security that my package would not be lost. Just an idea! Erin

We have sent stuff down to ourselves at OKW a few times over. I would just address to OKW and make a note on the label to hold for guest, with my name with an arrival date. If it gets there a few days prior to your arrival they will hold it for you. When you check in ask them if they received your package and hopefully it will have arrived.

Good luck

Ed
DVC 1994

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter