Selling My Dvc On E-bay

afroehlich

Earning My Ears
Do to cutbacks at work I am going to have to sell my dvc memberships. This is very tough on my family. We have gone to and loved every dvc resort there is for the past 5 years. This group has been wonderfull to read and I will miss being a member very much. I need your help on the best way to get the most out of a resale. I read a post a couple of weeks ago about selling on e-bay and wondered how I would list it. I did a search for some examples and could not find any. It seems the brokers want about $1500 to sell the points and I can not afford to give out that much on commision. I have a 150pts at hilton head and 275pts at old key west. How can I get information on the title work for south carolina and florida? thanks for the help.

E-Bay has very complete instructions on listing items for sale on that site. You should check their policies on real estate sales.

In Orlando, you can contact Timeshare Closing Services, Inc. 7345 Sand Lake Road, Suite 303 Orlando,FL 32819 1-407-370-2373.

In SC you can try USA Timeshare Services, Inc. 4610 Oleander Drive, Suite 203 Myrtle Beach, SC 29577 1-843 497-1191.

Please remember that FOR SALE listings are NOT allowed on this site. This applies to both listings and contact information from those interested in purchase.

Good Luck!

I think you might want to be careful about selling on Ebay. I have had trouble with transactions there. I guess I would not want to risk the legal stuff without benefit of a proper resale agent. Also, be aware that it might be difficult to sell on your own and may take a lot of time. Listing on Ebay does not mean a quick sale, and the relisting fews are always there. You will also have to cover the legal aspects with the buyer. I would try the smaller contract first.

I too would avoid eBay. Right now, travel-related items do not seem to be getting their value. You might want to try an ad on The Timeshare Users Group page (www.tug2.net). Also, you may want to hold on to HH for awhile. Right now, with Disney offering the Magical Beginnings at $13 per point and closing costs being so high in HH (which are covered by Disney when you buy from them), it may be difficult for you to fetch more than $55-58 per point.

Stlrod makes a good point. I forgot about the MB offering at HH. I am just not sure you will be saving much for all your trouble if you don't use a broker. I guess I would try the TUG listing too. That seems to be hitting the right audience at least.

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE. I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION. WHEN WILL DISNEY EXERCISE THERE RIGHT TO BUY A CONTRACT BACK. IT SEEMS TO ME THAT IF YOU SELL A 150 PT CONTRACT LETS SAY FOR $55 A PT AND SUBTRACT $1500.00 COMMISION THATS LIKE SELLING FOR $45. SO WILL DISNEY BUY BACK AT $45.00 AND CAN YOU GO STRAIGHT TO THEM TO SELL

I just saw a post that said DVC raised the BuyBack to $61pp (I think it had been $58 or $59.) The Timeshare Store can tell you for certain. My guess is that Disney is handling this similar to its decision to buyback stock. They do not want to see DVC de-valued in times of economic uncertainy

NOt sure, but it is my impression that the buyback takes place after the "deal" is done and DVC thinks it is too low. I don't think they buy back direct, but you could call your guide and see.

did you think of renting out your points til things get better. you could get $4000 a year for a while. Just a thought.

SO WILL DISNEY BUY BACK AT $45.00 AND CAN YOU GO STRAIGHT TO THEM TO SELL

No, Disney would have to buy the contract at $55 and you would still have to pay any commission owed to a broker. Disney will NOT consider a repurchase until you have a true offer to buy from someone else.

If you want to sell at $45- why not list it on <a href="http://www.tug2.net">TUG</a> or <a href="http://www.tstoday.com">Timesharing Today</a> and see what happens. I'll bet DVC would repurchase an offer that low.

Good Luck!

Thats a shame that you would have to sell.

Why don't you try what crazyaboutdisney says.
If you rent out the points for a few years you can pay the dues and get some extra money to help with any payments. Then when you want to go on vacation, you can use your points to go "home"again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter