Selling DVC Question

LisaStockman

Mouseketeer
We are considering selling our DVC points at SSR next year. We have 175 points and Sept use year. If we have already booked a 4 night stay next October can we still put our points up for resale and still use the existing booking and I assume all the remaining points will go with the sale?
Any comments would be gratefully received.
Thanks

We are considering selling our DVC points at SSR next year. We have 175 points and Sept use year. If we have already booked a 4 night stay next October can we still put our points up for resale and still use the existing booking and I assume all the remaining points will go with the sale?
Any comments would be gratefully received.
Thanks

Found this answer on The Timeshare Store site at http://www.dvc-resales.com/faq.htm, hope it helps.

WHY DO SOME LISTINGS SAY CANNOT CLOSE UNTIL XX/XX/2010?

If a Member has an outstanding reservation, the sale cannot close until that vacation has been taken or the Seller's reservation will be cancelled when the deed is transferred to the Buyer. If the vacation is for May 30th -June 6th, then the sale cannot close until June 6th but all of the paperwork can be prepared, signed and ready prior to that. On June 6th, the title company will close the sale, transfer title and notify DVC.

I think you will find it very hard to sell points now that cannot close until after October next year. Also you will not get payment until after the points transfer so there is really no benefit to you. I think the options are either cancel and sell now or wait until about September next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter