Sell BCV contract to purchase VGF?

fflmaster

DIS Veteran
I have been a BCV member since its’ inception and enjoyed staying there many times. However, as I am looking now to eventually give our points to our children, now grown. I am considering if the best option is to sell our BVC contract to purchase two smaller WGF contract.

The two new contract would be less points 285 vs 200, but the big factor or extending the contract from 2042 to 2064.

Thoughts? Is BCV worth just holding till the end or going smaller but extending the life of the contract worth it.

We also have 160 BLT points so 360 should be enough points to go when we want.

There are a lot of ways to do this. Trusts, deeds to adult children, corporations, even more than this. Deeds cannot be split.

If this is what you want to do, you might consider Poly2. No one knows what will happen or if Poly2 will even happen, but if it is like VGF2, you can buy multiple smaller contracts, as an existing member.

And this isn't the answer you are looking for, but DVC is not exactly hard to come by and BC is special. You can run out the clock on BC and your kids can use their inheritance to buy BLT4 or whatever, without inheriting your exact contract.

If you love BC and want to use it until you can't, then do that. If you are done right now, then make the choice for you. I think cash goes further mathematically anyway, so it should be your decision. Your points, your decision.

Might be worth just keeping BCV especially since you have a MK resort already. You can just run out BCV until the end. You still have another 18-19 years left at BCV that the family can use whenever they want. It will be interesting to see what Disney offers as the 2042 resorts get closer to expiration.

I have been a BCV member since its’ inception and enjoyed staying there many times. However, as I am looking now to eventually give our points to our children, now grown. I am considering if the best option is to sell our BVC contract to purchase two smaller WGF contract.

The two new contract would be less points 285 vs 200, but the big factor or extending the contract from 2042 to 2064.

Thoughts? Is BCV worth just holding till the end or going smaller but extending the life of the contract worth it.

We also have 160 BLT points so 360 should be enough points to go when we want.
"It Depends" is the typical answer :)
If your Use Year is June, and your #of Points & Price Per Point are both competitive then, by all means, you should sell your BCV -
to me !! :earboy2:
After spending one trip at BCV, I'm hooked beyond belief, and I really would want to add on there next.
Hey; I'll swap you some SSR points, even up ! :D
Good luck with your decision.

We are in the process (near the end) of selling our 2042 contracts and replacing with OKWE and AKV 2057 contracts. We go back to 1996 and still love OKW as do our son and DIL.

We bought an OKWE Direct last year and grabbed AP's when available. Our son and DIL are on the direct. At this point we want to preserve any value therefore, 2042's are going...however you own BCV which is a gem! That is a tough decision and worthy of a family meeting. At this point, the contract doesn't owe you anything and you'd make a great profit, however you would lose your EPCOT location. Perhaps rent or transfer the points for a year and see what type of withdrawal symptoms you have?

Good luck with your decision.

That's a tough one and depends a lot on your family and how you like to travel. I really like having one MK and one Epcot resort. And with BCV it's almost impossible to book if you don't own there, so I'm not sure I would want to give that up if I were you. How soon are you considering passing your contracts on and what size units are you looking for? VGF might be great for your kids if they want studios, but if you like to take large family trips in a 2 bedroom unit, VGF might be a little tougher to book than BCV since the new units are all studios. Do you like the atmosphere of VGF or do you think poly could suit you better? The new tower looks intriguing if it ends up lumped in with the original poly to avoid resale restrictions.

This (to me) is a head or heart decision. Head would say, sell while the prices are high BCV and buy GF and extend the life of your points. Heart may say, you love BCV and risking the booking opportunity is not worth it.

I would keep the BCV points, and add on a small VGF. BCV gives you Epcot proximity and you already have BLT. If you really want to sell BCV for a longer resort, I would probably purchase RIV for Epcot and the longer expiration date. Me personally will ride out BCV to the end.

How much do you use Storm Along Bay? So far BCV resale price is holding steady or increasing - won't be that way forever. If you are not using SAB I would pull the trigger and switch. It's not too hard getting BWV at 7 months. If you really can't live without SAB then ride it out.

We love BCV and firmly believe in the “buy where you want to stay” philosophy. Thing is, we stayed at Riviera and my DW loves it there, too.

So. Since the “where you want to stay” part had suddenly become neutral between the two, length of contract became a priority.

We sold BCV this year (at nearly twice our buy-in amount after using 8 yrs worth of points), and bought Riviera.

Essentially, we traded 252 BCV points for 203 Riviera points for the rolled over cost/value of our 2014 BCV price point.

So. My advice is to give enough weight to both (love of location and length of contract) that you aren’t disappointed over the decision. It was only after DW fell in love with Riviera that this decision made any sense and that was even factoring in the 2042 issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter