Seeking Sister Wives

So Ashley & Demetri are not legally married. I did not know this, was it talked about in other episodes?

So Ashley & Demetri are not legally married. I did not know this, was it talked about in other episodes?
They did mention it briefly. I believe they stated that they were not legally married because they always intended to take on additional wives and they didn't want subsequent wives to feel less important than Ashley being the first wife.

Here's a tidbit. Vanessa Aldridge is the sister of Aspyn Brown's new husband.

These families are all intertwined somehow.

Doesn't surprise me. They appear to be doing this for religious reasons and so aren't surprised that they are AUB.
The other families Snowdens and the Bernie guy is just about the lifestyle - not religious purposes.

They did mention it briefly. I believe they stated that they were not legally married because they always intended to take on additional wives and they didn't want subsequent wives to feel less important than Ashley being the first wife.
But yet when showing the dresses she says her dress shows she is the Matriarch & Vanessa is fairy & nymph-like.

I just want to know; where do they get these people?? For real? Do they audition for the show or what?

But yet when showing the dresses she says her dress shows she is the Matriarch & Vanessa is fairy & nymph-like.

No that's not what she said. She was discussing clothes styles and stated she is more matronly and Vanessa is more fairy like.

I just want to know; where do they get these people?? For real? Do they audition for the show or what?

The producers probably go to those websites where people are trying to find sister wife matches and ask people to be on the show. The Winders said they're doing it to raise awareness of plural marriage. Of course, they get paid so that's also a motivator!

I've watched both seasons. Here's my take on the families:

The Snowdens - They're in it for the lifestyle and not religious reasons. They don't bother me. Sure, Dmitri is a kind of a pig, but that's between him and his wives. It seems like all three of them are all-in on the lifestyle. No one is being coerced into anything. As long as the kids are taught to think for themselves and make their own choices about their lives, I hope they're happy.

The Alldredges - They're in it because of their religion. They all seem to want a third wife in the family. It's too bad they keep getting duped. Melina just didn't know what she wanted and bowed out. Jennifer was some kind of con artist. It will be interesting to see her interview on the tell-all show. Did she just want to be on TV? Still, why say her appendix burst and then she died? Something stinks.

The Winders - Also in it for religious reasons. All three of them seem like robots. Their conversations are very stilted, which is most likely because they're being filmed. I wonder what they're really like off-camera. It seems like they just added the second wife. She and Colton haven't even had a child yet. Why are they jumping right into looking for a third? Seems weird.

The McGees - Wow! The dysfunction! Sometimes, big life decisions are a process. You think you want (or don't want) one thing, but once you get deeper into it, you change your mind. That's what Paige is going through. Adding a wife looked good on paper, but actually sending her husband off on a date with another woman hit her in an unexpected way. And I don't think she really had anything against Brandi. That whole argument was about Paige trying to push Brandi away because she didn't want to share her husband. He liked Brandi a lot and Paige couldn't deal with it. I don't blame her at all. She didn't know how she would react to a potential sister wife until she was actually in the situation. She even told Bernie that she might not want to purse it anymore. But then he says, "Oh no! It's happening!" What a pig! They have a nice home and two really great boys. Just live your lives and be happy! Bernie's a big jerk. He wants what he wants. He pretends to care what his wife wants, but he's made it clear that he wants more women for himself.

So any chat about the tell all episode?

I just see such a difference between the families who are in for lifestyle only and those who are AUB religion.
Sad that the Snowden family didn't stay together.

Paige is not made for this lifestyle. They have yet to find a sister wife and they should just drop it especially now with the arrests.

I actually like Ashley better after the Tell all, I could tell something was off between the 3 of them. Dimitri did come off a bit nicer. The Aldrige Husband seems to be a nice man & his wives respect each other Jennifer... wow not much can be said. I don't think there is a baby-I say this off the way she was acting & agree with the others when they said moms don't act like that. Paige & Bernie again wow. The young family is nice but kinda deer caught in the headlight with what had been going on .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!