See & Sea

lucyk

Earning My Ears
Has anyone ever reported feeling claustrophobic while on the "semi-submarine" for the See & Sea Island tour on St.Maarten? Anyone who has ever done this excursion; I would love a better discription than what is in the guide books.

Thanks,
LucyK

My MIL went on this excursion. She tends to worry about claustrophobia, but she had no problems with this. Except when you're in the viewing room, the boat feels like a boat... not like a tin can held under the water. When it's time for the viewing, you go downstairs to the viewing room, which is below the water line. Chances are you'll be so enchanted with what you see, you'll be too distracted to worry about your phobias.

We did this excursion back in May and didn't feel that at all. As Dave said for the you are up top a lot as well. As you leave port and as you are going back to port you are up on deck and it is very open and you go slowly enjoying the scenery. Once you get out a bit you go down the stairs to the viewing area. The windows are huge so it has a very open feeling. As soon as everyone is seated they send the diver down and out come the fish. You aren't under water all that long so I think you should be fine.

Actually I did - and I'm not the claustrophobic type. If you are afraid you might get claustrophobic you could just make sure you're one of the last ones downstairs - that way you're close to the exit and don't have to climb over anyone to get out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter