Secret Green Club - whatever number thread

ZONKERS! still peeps out there ??

We're hot and heavy with the wedding planning around here!! 5 weeks to go

ZONKERS! still peeps out there ??

We're hot and heavy with the wedding planning around here!! 5 weeks to go
Hi Jacqueline who's getting married??

Hi Pixie dust, Brandi, Kat and Kristi.. I miss the old days of chatting up a storm on here.. Exciting news at my house is we are moving.. so we hit bad luck and my house was foreclosed on 2010, we moved in with my sister late that year.. we bought our little place (12x60 2 bed 1bath 1972 mobile) in 8/11 and have been working our butts off the past 18 months to get all our debt paid down and not have anything delinquent on our reports.. 3 weeks ago we applied for a loan and low and behold we got it!!!! I almost passed out at work I was soo happy.. we will be moving mid June to a 1991 3 bed 1 bath 16x76 mobile about 10 mins from work!!!! my DD is finishing year 3 of her 5 yr college plan and my DS is graduating in 3 very short weeks! we are entering our crazy busy time at work but that is ok I'm looking forward to a bit of OT cash! we are hoping to get to Disney next year but we'll have to see, very good friends moved there at the beginning of this year so we have a free place to stay..

take care and hugs to you all.. Michelle

Hi Jacqueline who's getting married??

Hi Pixie dust, Brandi, Kat and Kristi.. I miss the old days of chatting up a storm on here.. Exciting news at my house is we are moving.. so we hit bad luck and my house was foreclosed on 2010, we moved in with my sister late that year.. we bought our little place (12x60 2 bed 1bath 1972 mobile) in 8/11 and have been working our butts off the past 18 months to get all our debt paid down and not have anything delinquent on our reports.. 3 weeks ago we applied for a loan and low and behold we got it!!!! I almost passed out at work I was soo happy.. we will be moving mid June to a 1991 3 bed 1 bath 16x76 mobile about 10 mins from work!!!! my DD is finishing year 3 of her 5 yr college plan and my DS is graduating in 3 very short weeks! we are entering our crazy busy time at work but that is ok I'm looking forward to a bit of OT cash! we are hoping to get to Disney next year but we'll have to see, very good friends moved there at the beginning of this year so we have a free place to stay..

take care and hugs to you all.. Michelle
Wow it does sound like lots of things have been going with you and the family. I am glad you have got everything under control and are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Congrats to you both.

Hi! Wow, Michelle, very exciting times! I understand completely about the foreclosure, we ended up in foreclosure in 2011/2012, though in our case we had moved to florida and the bank would not allow for a short sale so we didn't have a lot of options other than to let it foreclose. But we love Florida, so it all worked out, sounds like it did for you guys too.

Jacqueline, I bet you are getting super excited with the wedding coming up, saw the engagement pic on FB the other day, and I loved it! Congratulations to your daughter and her fiance!

Brandi, we were at F&G this past weekend, my mom has her first ever annual passes to Disney, so my sister, my girls and I took her on Saturday to Epcot. We had a great time checking out all the topiaries, etc. Sadly, she wore out JUST before we made it to China where they have the BEST laundry (to me), the Plum tea slushie, we hopped on the boat at Germany. Then we all went to the Wave at the contemporary for Mother's Day brunch on Sunday (me, Rick, the girls, my sis, her husband, my brother, sister in law and their 2 boys, plus mom and dad), including a few trips around on the monorail for my folks and the 4 and 2 year old nephews.

HI everyone! great to read updates on all your lives! My daughter Emily is marrying her true soul-mate, Shannon and we couldn't be happier! Now if i can just get to the other side of this month i'll be thrilled! Waaaaay too much to do between now & then. We haven't done a thing to the house since we moved in 18 years ago and to quote em "uhm i want pictures of me getting ready! FIX THIS ROOM!!" Never was one who enjoyed painting walls to say nothing of the back splash & counter that i'm tackling tomorrow ... note to self "DO NOT BUY A HOUSE WHEN THE KITCHEN HAS SIMPLY BEEN PAINTED"
Here's a couple of pictures of our lovely girls (em is on the left, shannon on the right), just looking at how happy they are makes my heart ache when i think of the comments we've been hit with from family members. I'll post a few pictures after the wedding if'n anyone wants??11086439_1559166657669379_865721397_o.jpg 11086794_1559166554336056_1088533236_o.jpg

Jaq - I loved to see pictures also. Glad things are working out in all areas! Hope you get the house done. Been over a year now since the contractor ran with our money, Finally got enough to get the bath back in about 2 months ago, but still in a mess in other areas. Working toward the air conditioning next! Hopefully by the end of June!

Update on the house re-decorating, for those who care and even for those who don't Before shots of the kitchen .. note the colour of the back splash and the condition of the counter ... and how it looks now. Still needing to change hinges & handles on cupboards but hey, it IS a long weekend doncha know!! AND the girls in a couple of during shots in the main rooms (i have NO idea how to re-order the pictures BTW!)

Attachments

• IMG_0233.JPG
    IMG_0233.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0231.JPG
    IMG_0231.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0232.JPG
    IMG_0232.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0202.JPG
    IMG_0202.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Jacqueline, it looks like everything is coming along and yes there is a long weekend coming up. It is looking great.

looks great, Jacqueline! The girls looks super happy, and I too am sorry they (and you) are dealing with family that doesn't understand or accept. But clearly the girls aren't letting petty people slow them down, so good for them! They deserve to be happy!

I have not idea what I am doing this weekend, I have a list of things I need to be doing, but I really dont want to do them!

Brandi, I can't say that this weekend, that's for sure! We will be at Disney! Katie turns 15 next week, so we are heading up to Orlando and taking 2 extra friends for the trip. We are staying offsite at Caribe Royal cause I can get a 2 bedroom villa for $246 a night that way, but we're planning on hitting the 24 hour day tomorrow night at MK, followed by Hollywood Studios on Saturday, Epcot on Sunday (with a trip to Universal to see Shawn Mendes concert), and Animal Kingdom on Monday, heading home Monday afternoon/evening. It should be a lot of fun, but also fairly hectic with 4 teen girls in the mix.

Beautiful young ladies!! Congrats to your entire family!!!

so our hopes and dreams dashed !!!!! on the 15th the very day after I posted our exciting news the Bank turned around and said JUST KIDDING NO LOANS FOR YOU! we were/are soo upset.. it wasn't supposed to have to go to the loan committee but it did and they said sorry not enough credit built up after your bankruptcy.. I said well how am I supposed to build it up (WITHOUT cc debt) if you won't give me a loan to which my debt to income ratio is very good?? yeah nothing but dead silence on that one.. so we are not moving.. felt super bad for our friends .. both the couple we were buying from as they are now 20K less then they thought they were going to be with only a month till their closing and then bad for my friends who were going to move into our place.. Luckily we all still have homes but still.. so moving back to plan A which was to fix up our place - since it's all paid for and completely ours we only pay Lot Rent each month so I will contract my dad to do some work for us that includes : a shower stall vs. the tub/shower combo we have, new flooring at least in the living room but maybe into the kitchen, down the hall and to the master bedroom installing some accordian doors vs. the swing doors as they just take up room we need, and a bigger shed or a second shed whatever the park lets us have! Take care and hugs to anyone that needs a few!! Michelle

Brandi, I can't say that this weekend, that's for sure! We will be at Disney! Katie turns 15 next week, so we are heading up to Orlando and taking 2 extra friends for the trip. We are staying offsite at Caribe Royal cause I can get a 2 bedroom villa for $246 a night that way, but we're planning on hitting the 24 hour day tomorrow night at MK, followed by Hollywood Studios on Saturday, Epcot on Sunday (with a trip to Universal to see Shawn Mendes concert), and Animal Kingdom on Monday, heading home Monday afternoon/evening. It should be a lot of fun, but also fairly hectic with 4 teen girls in the mix.
Sounds like lots of Disney in a short period of time with a Happy Birthday in there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter