Second fire for Columbia in as many weeks!!

No comments? Are you feeling alright? ;)

I read that over the weekend and thought about how the disney "fire-department" is in need of some serious re-training.

What would have happend if there had been a REAL fire and guest were in danger? They couldn't have gotten to them in time to do anything.

Please note that this article has to do with Disneyland not Walt Disney World. The firefighters of Reedy Creek Emergency Services are some of the best around.

I hope they get the columbia fixed soon, since I'm going to Disneyland in June and the Riverboat is in Rehab and if the Columbia is down, Fantasmic won't be so good.

George

I used to have this REALLY cool screensaver of the fireworks show at TDL.

The picture showed the point in the show where Cinderella's castle appears to be burning in flames.

The picture is absolutely incredible.

Mainly because you know it is an illusion.

Is the reality what is needed before Eisner allows some money to be spent on maintenance?

:mad:

Ever since going to DL in December, I've been trying to keep up on events there, I've been down-right terrified. Employees seem lax (in general) and maintainence is nonexistant. There's a problem here that goes beyond Presslar/Eisner, since WDW even with its many flaws is still WDW. Disneyland is an offense right now to Walt Disney. Cynthia Harris not withstanding, I hope they get everything under control. Having DL go bad is more disturbing even then WDW.:(

It was also Cynthia Harris's idea to suspend APs so you know what kind of genius is going on there. DL is my home park (bout an Hour away) and ever since the "New" Tomorrowland things have been going down down down....That Kirby fellow (his First name escapes me but I believe it starts with a T?) isn't doing very much to get money from Disney to deal with up keep of the park but whenever Eisner wants the budget cut he's right there to do it. :mad:

The apparent dichotomy in upkeep/treatment seems very puzzling (DL vs. WDW)?

Maybe, if it was 5 years ago we could just assume that they no longer viewed Anaheim as a credible long-term vacation spot (versus other locations they could invest in). However, they have gotten millions of tax dollars diverted into area revitalization, and they plopped DCA right next door.

Planning for a DCA success would mean many more people coming to both parks. Out-of-towners who haven't been to DL for many years, media people who might spill over into DL. The whole idea was to sell gadzillions of 3-day passes. Under these circumstances wouldn't you want everything in both parks to be in really good shape.

Heck, even my kids know that if company is coming over they have to clean their rooms just in case.

Heck, even my kids know that if company is coming over they have to clean their rooms just in case.

How about coming over to my house to teach my kids!! Unfortunately, they have been to Disney so often that the "Paul Pressler, deferred maintenance program" has become ingrained in their thinking!! LOL

"Paul Pressler, deferred maintenance program" has become ingrained in their thinking!!

:earseek:
jumpinggreens.gif

Maybe Jeff, but at least you have a bathroom at your place(Hyperion)and don't have trees falling on your guests......

;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter