• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Second Dining Questions

I❤MICKEY

DIS Veteran
I'm hoping that you can help answer some questions about dining. We have been assigned the second dining on the Magic 8-night Bahamian cruise. It is my understanding that dinner starts at 8 PM.

• Approximately how long does dinner last?
  • If dinner starts at 8:00 what time would the kids leave for dine and play? I'm trying to coordinate so I can schedule nursery for the same time. I want both boys to spend part of the meal with us.
  • DH or I would need to leave to take the DS2 to nursery and come back. Does anyone see an issue with this plan?
  • If assigned the second dining would we attend the dinner shows before or after dinner?
  • Our ship will change time zones. How does this work for dining? Are all times based on ET? Or would we transition from CT to ET mid cruise?

Thank you in advance for all your guidance. :)

I❤MICKEY;47183436 said:
I'm hoping that you can help answer some questions about dining. We have been assigned the second dining on the Magic 8-night Bahamian cruise. It is my understanding that dinner starts at 8 PM.

• If dinner starts at 8:00 what time would the kids leave for dine and play? I'm trying to coordinate so I can schedule nursery for the same time. I want both boys to spend part of the meal with us.
  • DH or I would need to leave to take the DS2 to nursery and come back. Does anyone see an issue with this plan?
  • If assigned the second dining would we attend the dinner shows before or after dinner?
  • Our ship will change time zones. How does this work for dining? Are all times based on ET? Or would we transition from CT to ET mid cruise?

Dinner can be 1 1/2 to 2 hours. We ask for Jackson's food right away and then when he finishes his mother brought to the nursery/kids club. Came back and we finished a quiet dinner.
shows before dinner
you go with what ever time it is on the ship. Time changes are always overnight

I❤MICKEY;47183436 said:

Sorry, can't help with the questions regarding the nursery or dine and play.

Second seating starts at 8:15pm. The length can vary a bit on how quickly you order and eat. Plan on at least 90 minutes - especially if you are going to be leaving for a few minutes to go to the nursery and/or doing dine-and-play. Within reason, you can stay as long as you want - as people leave, the servers just start converting the tables for the next meal in that restaurant (breakfast the next morning, dinner the next night, etc.).

Leaving to go to the nursery might slow your service down, but otherwise shouldn't be a problem (provided you come back fairly quickly). You might let your servers know that you are planning to do this, so that they can plan accordingly.

Second seating attends the 1st show (before dinner). It starts at 6:15pm and lasts around 45 minutes.

Your dinner will ALWAYS be at 8:15pm, regardless of what time zone you are in. The ships clocks will move forward and backward, but your dinners and shows are always at the same time.

I don't think that they took kids going into the nursery for dine and play. They only took kids for club and lab.

9pm they picked up for dine and play. They usually gave us a 15 minute warning so they could finish up eating. Dinner usually was from 8:15-9:45 sometimes later depending on the night.

We always took DS to to the club after he ate his dinner. Servers at early always brought out the kids' food early so was finished before adult entrees. If ran a minute over served others and had cover on plate. Never affected our service. Sat with friends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter