Seasickness

The first night can be a little rough because your crossing the Gulf Stream, other than that its ok. I don't like taking meds so at the first sign of nausea I drink ginger tea which the ship has and I have these Sea bands that work. This year I purchased a product called Quease ease from Amazon the product has great reviews and was recommended on this board by many others. Also ginger tummy drops.

For those who take medication, can one consume alcohol while taking these?

The first night can be a little rough because your crossing the Gulf Stream, other than that its ok. I don't like taking meds so at the first sign of nausea I drink ginger tea which the ship has and I have these Sea bands that work. This year I purchased a product called Quease ease from Amazon the product has great reviews and was recommended on this board by many others. Also ginger tummy drops.

According to this picture, the gulf stream extends most of the way to Mexico. Will it be rough the entire way there?gulf.jpg

I am going on the Alaska sailing on the Wonder in June. I get really car, air, and sea sick. This is a trip of a lifetime and I am scared I will be miserable. Since Alaska isn't really out in open water much, do you think I will have a problem? Also, what kind of meds can be taken safely with also consuming alcohol?

you're probably best off to check with your doctor since alcohol affects each of us individually.

For a great non-alcoholic option, request green apples and crackers from room service (offered free.) There's a chemical in the apples that neutralizes stomach acids, and the crackers absorb. Best tip I ever received from a Cast Member. Keep nibbling every 2-3 hours. Get your fiber AND keep the green-eyed beast away. LOL!

Funny you mentioned green apples. We took Holland America to Alaska (fabulous cruise BTW) and they kept green apples in every stateroom for that very reason.

We drink alcohol with meclizine. No side affects for us

If I had answered this a few weeks ago I would have said that you can hardly feel the ship move - as this was the experience that we had on our first cruise (4 nights Disney Dream). But, we just got off the Fantasy 2 days ago and that ship was definitely rocking! There was no denying that it could be felt, a lot. We were planning on taking Bonine the whole time anyway just to be safe. Funny thing is, I felt a little more nausea (never full blown seasickness) on the first cruise where I didn't actually feel the ship moving then I did on this one; on this cruise I felt lots of movement but it didn't bother me or any of my family members (with the Bonine that is).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter