Sea World/Universal--if you had to pick just one.

crazymomof4

DIS Veteran
With the child tax advance we (hopefully) have coming, my DH and I have decided to add to our WDW trip. We have 2 days to do something other than Disney.

We have been to Sea World but that was 9 yrs ago and I know they have made some major additions. We have never been to Universal but have been told that many of the best attractions are too intense for little ones. Our children are ages 14, 11, 6, and 2.5.

So, if you had a family like ours, and had to chose just one of these parks to spend 2 days in, which would it be and why.

TIA
crazymomof4

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc MY FIRST THREAD ON THIS FORUM!:Pinkbounc:Pinkbounc

A Tough call.. 11, 14, 6, 2.5... well, you may not want to know this but when my kids were 4 and 7 they went on mostly everything at USF/IOA with the exception of Deuling Dragons, and Hulk.. (it was a height, not a fear issue!)

Seaworld is nice if you want a sedate time. My kids liked it, but they love thrills and excitement. My DH could spend hours looking at the whales, and they were like lets go on Journey to Atlantis again, Lets go here, lets go there...

Its a hard choice we, enjoy both places. Seaworld is very nice and relaxing (free beers are always nice as well). Universal/IOA has great rides, lots of fun.. (all the kids would like parts of it. The 2.5 year old would love Dr. Suess area, but others would love the other parts)

SEA WORLD!!!!

I think the overall ages of your children are fantastic for here. It is absolutely one of my most favorite ways to spend the day.....the kids will lovvvve Shamu's happy harbour, and there are a few thrill rides for your older ones to enjoy. The shows are funny and overall the park is educational, but not to the point of boring. With the new edition of the waterfront (which I haven't got to see yet...can't wait) it seems even more enjoyable for the adults as well.............I can't say enough good things about Sea World Orlando.

I don't think you'll be disappointed!!

Definitely USO/IOA My boys are 14, and 9 and we are going back for the third year in a row. We love Sea World too but if we had to choose it would be USO, just more things to do for every age.

Have a great trip!!!!

With children your kidc's ages I would say if the older ones like thrill rides then I would go to Island's of adventure. Seus area will keep the younger ones thrilled too. My sons love IOA.

But since none of the kids have been to Sea World since they were babies almost , I think they would love Sea world, too.
Sea world is sort of a laid back kind of day. You don't have to wait in lines for hardly anything. The shows are good. the playground is tops, and you get to feed and touch the dolphins. We love the park. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter