Sea Grape Beach Info?

jordgubben

Has a Buzz Lightyear shoot-off with her husband
So, it looks like we are going to have the afternoon on our own in Grand Cayman. I was thinking about going to Sea Grape Beach but unfortunately I know very little about it aside from its name.

Can anyone give me the scoop on this destination?

You posted your question a long time ago, so not sure you still need an answer, but here's my advice anyway! :rotfl:

We cruised Oct 7-14, 2006, and while on Grand Cayman we went by cab to Sea Grape Beach Club on Seven Mile Beach, a five minute drive from where the tender docks. I highly recommend it. We got off the tender, walked up a ramp, and there were cab drivers everywhere, waiting for us. We picked a cab driver, and he took us and two other families to his cab, really a small bus. One of the other families wanted to go to the Royal Palms Beach Club, another club on Seven Mile Beach, and the other two of us wanted to go to Sea Grape. The cab driver told us it would be $4/person each way to Royal Palms, but $5/person for Sea Grape, since it is farther away. Once he had dropped the first family off at Royal Palms, he turned to us and said “You’ll like Sea Grape, not as crowded as Royal Palms!” Sea Grape has chairs and umbrellas for rent, clean bathrooms, an outdoor shower, and a bar/restaurant with decent food. There are tents where you can rent snorkel equipment, and go parasailing, etc. They have some covered picnic areas where you can sit to eat, and a waitress serves you at your table. I think it was about $25 for two entrees (a cheeseburger and fries and chicken fingers, slaw, and fries) that we all split. I had brought water bottles in my bag. Sea Grape is part of Seven Mile Beach. All of Seven Mile Beach is public, and you can go to any part of it. The only differences are the availability of restrooms, restaurants, and rentals. Right next to Sea Grape is a place called “Public Beach” and we walked over there after lunch. It has a couple of covered picnic tables, and a restroom that I didn’t check out. We liked the beach there because it had a flatter place to play in the waves. The hurricane last year really eroded a lot of Seven Mile Beach and made parts of it steeper than they used to be. Public Beach also has a playground near some trees, which DD and DH enjoyed while DS and I swam. If I had it to do over again, I would have packed enough towels to have some to sit on, and we would have skipped the chair rental, but done the rest the same way. The DCL excursion “Seven Mile Beach Break” is identical to what we did, but costs more. The excursion would have cost $36/adult and $26 per child (Total of $124), and all we paid was $5 per person for a cab each way, and $21 total for two beach chairs and an umbrella (Total of $61). The excursion gets you one free drink ticket, and so figure if that would be worth $3 per person, we’re still ahead by $50 for the exact same experience. We got there at about the same time as the excursion people, and left at about the same time. But while the excursion people were standing in a line for their bus to show up, we walked out to the street and immediately got in a cab and went back to the tender! We had a great day.

I hope this helps! :boat:

ANOTHER vote for Sea Grape. Loved it! White powder sand and crystal blue waters. And best of all, you can see the Magic from the beach so it's a great photo op ! And it was 5.00 pp, included our chairs and free drink. I remember the beach being on a slope, but no big deal.

We are planning on renting a car and doing some sight seeing on our own time and then going to a beach - is there parking at sea grape beach club?

Does anyone know if they have a website?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter