SDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 7th of June?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a reservation for 4 ppl with 2 day tickets and I have 8 tickets at will-call that I want to use 4 of them for park entry/FB+ and 4 for just FB+. In stead of using the umbrella method with 2 MDE accounts to get a 2nd set of 60 day FB+, is it possible to add 4 phantom ppl to my MDE #1, not adding ppl to the actual reservation, and then assign 4 of the tickets to the real 4 ppl and then the remaining 4 to the phantom ppl?

So I've been reading and reading to try and get how these things work so pls be gentle if I ask a silly question pretty pls....lol

Dh and I are doing a 2 day stay at the Poly in November(stopover enroute to Aruba) for which we will each be buying a 1 day ticket to use at MK. We will then be coming back for a weeks stay(off property) next May and I expect we'll buy either 2 or 3 day tickets(although we may do a 1 day stay in May to open up the fp 60 day window). We don't have any MB's. Only used them the one time and didn't keep them, and we've been off property for all other trips so we used the hard tickets with the strips. Since we're from Canada we only get MB's on arrival at the resort.

Am I correct that if we purchase both our 1 day tickets and say our 2 day tickets for next May now we could book 6 fp's ea for our MK day in Nov ?

We would have to have the 2nd set of tickets linked to false names? Then not use those tickets for entry ? But what happens when we want to use those tickets next May? How do we link them back to ourselves ? Will we be able to get fp's in May with them under our own names?

You are correct. Link next years tickets to false names on the same MDE. Make FP+ selections under both sets of tickets. Use the 1 day tickets for park entrance.

After your trip, go to My Reservations and Tickets and reassign the tickets.

I am doing this for my trip in 3 days, but used two seperate MDE's instead of phantom names. I made FP+ reservations under both MDE's (after linking the profiles under friends and family) at 60 days. If you want to make 60 days FP+'s just use one "real" name and one "phantom" for each set of fast passes (I am assuming that your Poly reservation is made under the real names), but this might get pretty confusing.

I am using a magic band for my resort reservation and ticket media for the phantoms so I always know to use the MB's for park entrance. I have written my phantom names with a sharpie to the back of the tickets so it won't be confusing.
It will be quite a project since I have made these generator linked FP+'s (GLFP) with 5 different profiles!

mde%20shot_zpspjwbacve.jpg

I have a reservation for 4 ppl with 2 day tickets and I have 8 tickets at will-call that I want to use 4 of them for park entry/FB+ and 4 for just FB+. In stead of using the umbrella method with 2 MDE accounts to get a 2nd set of 60 day FB+, is it possible to add 4 phantom ppl to my MDE #1, not adding ppl to the actual reservation, and then assign 4 of the tickets to the real 4 ppl and then the remaining 4 to the phantom ppl?
I don't see why this should be a problem. There's no reason they would need to be on the reservation - mom and dad could be staying offsite or you could be meeting local friends or a variety of reasons. What I don't know if is you can pick up 8 tickets with only 4 people there but I don't see why not as long as you aren't using Florida or military rates or something where ID would be required.

we've been off property for all other trips so we used the hard tickets with the strips.

Am I correct that if we purchase both our 1 day tickets and say our 2 day tickets for next May now we could book 6 fp's ea for our MK day in Nov ?

We would have to have the 2nd set of tickets linked to false names? Then not use those tickets for entry ? But what happens when we want to use those tickets next May? How do we link them back to ourselves ? Will we be able to get fp's in May with them under our own names?
If you still have the cards that you used and they're from the same account, you could also use those like you would a MB (or in addition to them). If you're using a different account, those old cards could be used for SDFP as well.

You could assign your new set of tickets to a phantom name (could just be your middle names or similar) and then just transfer (reassign) them back once you've used the first set. I'd recommend doing this in any case so when you enter the park the system doesn't accidentally use the wrong ones (ie start the 14 day window clicking on your 2 day ticket at a time you're only visiting for one day).

And yes, there's no issue using them for FPP's multiple times, as long as they haven't been used for admission.

Thanks all for the advice. The one thing I'm still not sure I understand is if we are using a 2nd set of tickets is whether there is any advantage to a 2nd MDE or simply using phantom names on our usual MDE ?

I don't see why this should be a problem. There's no reason they would need to be on the reservation - mom and dad could be staying offsite or you could be meeting local friends or a variety of reasons. What I don't know if is you can pick up 8 tickets with only 4 people there but I don't see why not as long as you aren't using Florida or military rates or something where ID would be required.
The tickets are under one will-call order in my name that was comp. from Guest Services from a bad experience from a MNSSHP last year.
I just wasn't sure that if say 4 of my fake family members were staying off site and I added them to the MDE account which I have my Disney reservation on that I would be able to make 60 day FP+ for the fake family members with the extra 4 tickets that I have. Do you see any problems with me doing it that way vs using the 2 MDE accounts umbrella way?
Another question, will I be able to tell who's tickets are who's when I pick them up from guest services? Like once I add the will-call number to MDE, will 8 ticket numbers come up and then when I pick the tickets up at guest services, the hard plastic tickets will have the same numbers?

Thanks all for the advice. The one thing I'm still not sure I understand is if we are using a 2nd set of tickets is whether there is any advantage to a 2nd MDE or simply using phantom names on our usual MDE ?

I don't think there is an advantage. Just make sure you use very different first names when making phantoms. (I used all of our middle names).

I'd probably opt for phantoms instead of a second MDE. You'd have to log in and out of two different accounts when making and/or modifying the FPs. Just seems like an extra unnecessary step. Unless you had two different people/phones accessing the accounts.

Thanks to all for chiming in and for the OP in putting this together. I just want to make sure that my understanding of option A is correct.

Step 1- close all window shades, turn off lights, put on all black ninja costume with eye-slit.
Step 2- wait until 11PM, so as to ensure that the police authorities and Disney Morality Patrol are done patrolling the Interwebz for the day.
Step 3- visit Disneystore.com (4 months out from trip) and buy cheapest magic bands available with no design for $12.99. The rogues have been purchased!!! Ugly grey for all!!!
Question 1- do I have to select "link it later" option when buying MB online well in advance of trip?
Step 4- consult attorney and confirm his rate for 24-hour standby retainer.
Question 2- have you heard anything decent about this "Saul Goodman" guy I saw advertised at the bus stop?
Step 5- link rogues to primary MDE account, which already has Legit 1, Legit 2, Legit 3, Legit 4 and Legit 5 on the account. Rogue 1, Rogue 2, Rogue 3, Rogue 4 and Rogue 5 are now part of the family, which has suddenly grown to 10!
Step 6- wait until check in and November and entry to each of the parks
Question- will the cheery and helpful check-in agent at POR ask why in the hell the 5 bastard rogues who appear at my MDE aren't in a room of their own? Or will they just be concerned with my primary reservation which shows all 5 legit family members?
Question- at the park, can we show up with our original magic bands and on the same arm having our ugly rogue bands, for the entirety of the day? Will we get odd looks for having 2 and trying to scan just one @ FP? Different arms?
Question- how will the rogues impact our PhotoPass option?

Thanks to all for chiming in and for the OP in putting this together. I just want to make sure that my understanding of option A is correct.

Step 1- close all window shades, turn off lights, put on all black ninja costume with eye-slit.
Step 2- wait until 11PM, so as to ensure that the police authorities and Disney Morality Patrol are done patrolling the Interwebz for the day.
Step 3- visit Disneystore.com (4 months out from trip) and buy cheapest magic bands available with no design for $12.99. The rogues have been purchased!!! Ugly grey for all!!!
Question 1- do I have to select "link it later" option when buying MB online well in advance of trip?
Step 4- consult attorney and confirm his rate for 24-hour standby retainer.
Question 2- have you heard anything decent about this "Saul Goodman" guy I saw advertised at the bus stop?
Step 5- link rogues to primary MDE account, which already has Legit 1, Legit 2, Legit 3, Legit 4 and Legit 5 on the account. Rogue 1, Rogue 2, Rogue 3, Rogue 4 and Rogue 5 are now part of the family, which has suddenly grown to 10!
Step 6- wait until check in and November and entry to each of the parks
Question- will the cheery and helpful check-in agent at POR ask why in the hell the 5 bastard rogues who appear at my MDE aren't in a room of their own? Or will they just be concerned with my primary reservation which shows all 5 legit family members?
Question- at the park, can we show up with our original magic bands and on the same arm having our ugly rogue bands, for the entirety of the day? Will we get odd looks for having 2 and trying to scan just one @ FP? Different arms?
Question- how will the rogues impact our PhotoPass option?
:) Some answers (I don't know all):

1. Yes, link it later and then enter the MB number (on the back) to assign it to each Rogue.
3. There's no reason for them to care about your rogue bands. I have approximately 25 people in my MDE and none of them are rogues, just people who have visited the park at some point - my sons' girlfriends, grandparents, nieces & nephews, friends, etc. Some had their own MDE and others I just managed and made all their FPP's for (and bought their tickets, etc.). Not having everyone you're linked with on the same trip is not at all unusual. I would be more concerned about the "cheery and helpful" CM at the kiosk trying to help you but a polite "Thanks, but I'm good here" should be all you need to say.
4. I would probably not wear both on the same arm, just for comfort reasons and because it would make it a bit harder to scan the right one. I'd wear normal ones and either have the spares on a belt loop, around my bag, or on the other hand. Or have a person with a backpack keep them all in one pocket and just hand them out for each "rogue" ride. Remember that they'll all need to be scanned at a kiosk at the beginning of the day so it may just be easier to have one person keep a hold of them all. However, if you decide to wear two, no one will notice or care.
5. Just be sure whenever you stop to have pics taken that the band you give the PP photographer is one of the "legit" ones. If they're all tied to the same MDE account anyway, it really shouldn't make a difference though. As long as you have a band (any band) on the rides that don't have a place to scan (7D, FEA), it should automatically read and add those pics to the MDE.

Last edited:
:) Some answers (I don't know all):

1. Yes, link it later and then enter the MB number (on the back) to assign it to each Rogue.
3. There's no reason for them to care about your rogues. I have approximately 25 people in my MDE and none of them are rogues, just people who have visited the park at some point - my sons' girlfriends, grandparents, nieces & nephews, friends, etc. Some had their own MDE and others I just managed and made all their FPP's for (and bought their tickets, etc.). Not having everyone you're linked with on the same trip is not at all unusual. I would be more concerned about the "cheery and helpful" CM at the kiosk trying to help you but a polite "Thanks, but I'm good here" should be all you need to say.
4. I would probably not wear both on the same arm, just for comfort reasons and because it would make it a bit harder to scan the right one. I'd wear normal ones and either have the spares on a belt loop, around my bag, or on the other hand. Or have a person with a backpack keep them all in one pocket and just hand them out for each "rogue" ride. Remember that they'll all need to be scanned at a kiosk at the beginning of the day so it may just be easier to have one person keep a hold of them all. However, if you decide to wear two, no one will notice or care.
5. Just be sure whenever you stop to have pics taken that the band you give the PP photographer is one of the "legit" ones. If they're all tied to the same MDE account anyway, it really shouldn't make a difference though. As long as you have a band (any band) on the rides that don't have a place to scan (7D, FEA), it should automatically read and add those pics to the MDE.

Thanks for your reply. Hoping that I can have "Bastard Rogues" stick as a term in this thread. It would give me a sense of accomplishment today.

So I have my parents' magic bands from one of our previous trips and they are on a separate MDE account than mine. I'm trying to make 30-day out fastpasses (they still have one day of active tickets left on those bands) and it is only letting me make FP+ for one day.... So can I only use those bands to do one day of FP+ since they have only one day of active tickets left on them? I thought I could use them to do 30-day out FP+ if I did them one day at a time, regardless of how many days of tickets were left....?

So I have my parents' magic bands from one of our previous trips and they are on a separate MDE account than mine. I'm trying to make 30-day out fastpasses (they still have one day of active tickets left on those bands) and it is only letting me make FP+ for one day.... So can I only use those bands to do one day of FP+ since they have only one day of active tickets left on them? I thought I could use them to do 30-day out FP+ if I did them one day at a time, regardless of how many days of tickets were left....?
Unless I'm really missing something, you can never book more days of FP's than you have tickets for. So if your parents' tickets have one day left, you can book one day. However, once you use that day's FPP's, you can then book for the next day and so on. Other than for the biggies at Epcot (FEA, Soarin') and 7 Dwarves at MK, usually there's pretty good availability even booking the day before and it saves you from having to go to a kiosk that morning like you would with SDFP (plus you can make changes from your phone assuming you have their login or are linked to them).

So is it possible to go to one park get 3 SDFPs and then park hope and get 3 more SDFPs? Or will I only be able to book 1 at a time at the new park?

So is it possible to go to one park get 3 SDFPs and then park hope and get 3 more SDFPs? Or will I only be able to book 1 at a time at the new park?
If you're using the same set of MB's or cards, you will be limited to one at a time at the new park.

Another question- would it be odd for me as the pack leader to scan all 5 bastard rogue MB's, say if they are all on a keychain, and then shepherd everyone in my legit family through the FP que, or would I instead be asked by the friendly CM why each family member was not scanning the actual 5 bands they are wearing at that time?

Unless I'm really missing something, you can never book more days of FP's than you have tickets for. So if your parents' tickets have one day left, you can book one day. However, once you use that day's FPP's, you can then book for the next day and so on. Other than for the biggies at Epcot (FEA, Soarin') and 7 Dwarves at MK, usually there's pretty good availability even booking the day before and it saves you from having to go to a kiosk that morning like you would with SDFP (plus you can make changes from your phone assuming you have their login or are linked to them).

That makes sense. Thanks!

Another question- would it be odd for me as the pack leader to scan all 5 bastard rogue MB's, say if they are all on a keychain, and then shepherd everyone in my legit family through the FP que, or would I instead be asked by the friendly CM why each family member was not scanning the actual 5 bands they are wearing at that time?
In general, my experience is that they like to have everyone scan their own in a 1-to-1 correlation, unless it's obviously for a small child or someone who might have difficulty scanning their own for other reasons (when we took my almost-90-year-old inlaws, I just carried and scanned theirs). It would be less a concern that they had different MB's and more just difficult for them to keep track of who had scanned and who hadn't. Most likely, they wouldn't stop you or anything but it might clog up the FPP line a bit for others so I'd say the easiest thing would just be to hand everyone one as you approach the line and collect them either after scanning at the first (or second, for the few rides that still have it) check point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter