SDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 7th of June?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the SDFP is not connected to my primary FP+ reservations, can I use my SDFP at a different park than my prebooked FP+ reservations for that same day?
Yes, but you won't be able to reserve them until you get to that second park since they can only be done at the kiosks and each park's kiosks are only linked to that park.

Great information! I'm super intrigued with NBFP. I have a party of 6 on my mde with resort and tickets linked. That is main set of prime fast passes.
I have a rogue mde under another email with rogue names and non clone magic bands with no tickets attached.
Finally, I have 2 unused unattached 7 day hoppers. I was gonna add two fake people to my real mde to get 2 extra sets of fp. Now I'm wondering if I can use those 2 tickets to get all 6 of my rogue magic bands night before vanishing fp?? Please advise, and thank you so much.
P.s. I went sept 2015 and tried to use the rogues to get sdfp. At 2 different kiosks in to different parks, when I approached w my magic bands, cm asked to see the tickets associated with them! I said I'd go get from my husband and walked away. Is that still occuring at the fp kiosks?
Thank you!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the information. We used SDFP at MK on Thurs, along with regular Fast Pass and we were able to hit all our favorite rides-- some more than once.

Is there a list of typical rides that are available for SDFP at park opening? I do know it could be different every day and depending on season. I'm most wondering if any of the big 3 are available for opening at Epcot. FEA doubtful but maybe soarin or TT

Ok I have read and reread and reread.

I have 8 members listed in my MDE. 5 have tickets linked and 3 will not be going. Can we use those MB from the ones not going to tap at kiosks for SDFP?
I would still need to buy 2 more, but could link them in my MDE with phantom names?

Ok I have read and reread and reread.

I have 8 members listed in my MDE. 5 have tickets linked and 3 will not be going. Can we use those MB from the ones not going to tap at kiosks for SDFP?
I would still need to buy 2 more, but could link them in my MDE with phantom names?

This sounds correct!

Is there a list of typical rides that are available for SDFP at park opening? I do know it could be different every day and depending on season. I'm most wondering if any of the big 3 are available for opening at Epcot. FEA doubtful but maybe soarin or TT

Availability changes literally every couple of seconds. You could get the Mine Train if another guests cancels their FP for it. No way to predict, though you can assume the less desirable attractions will be most available.

P.s. I went sept 2015 and tried to use the rogues to get sdfp. At 2 different kiosks in to different parks, when I approached w my magic bands, cm asked to see the tickets associated with them! I said I'd go get from my husband and walked away. Is that still occuring at the fp kiosks?
Thank you!
I am wondering about this too. Do the CMs ever question you about your tickets when you are at the kiosk?

That really makes no sense to me why they would ask that. Many, many people purchase their tickets online and have them assigned directly to a MB, including most packages. They never have an actual, physical ticket unless they ask for one at their resort or a ticket office, usually because of RFID concerns. I have an AP and rarely carry my card so how would I show a ticket (other than pulling it up on my phone)? If they asked for a ticket, I'd simply say something like "I got them online" and leave it at that. The only reason I can see them asking that is if you hadn't associated the MB's with any MDE and it showed as unlinked, and then they'd be asking for the ticket to try to help you get it linked to your MDE (which obviously you don't want to do). But if you have it assigned to a phantom on a MDE, there's no reason they should ask for a ticket.

I have never, ever had a CM seem suspicious of what I was doing, ask for a ticket, or try to get overly involved. For the most part if they ask to help, they are simply trying to be helpful and I just say "no thanks, I'm good". And they leave. These days, so few people use the kiosks that there is usually just one CM for like 5-6 kiosks and they usually won't even come over unless you wave them over. Back when there were large kiosk lines mid-afternoon as people tried to get their 4th FPP's then there were a lot more CM's and they would try to help you more to speed up the lines. Usually now when I go to a kiosk I'm the only one there.

But if it's been set up correctly, there should be nothing at the kiosk to show the CM whether tickets are associated with that MB or not. Look at my post in this thread (#3) with the pics from the kiosk and that's all they see (as do you).

I went sept 2015 and tried to use the rogues to get sdfp. At 2 different kiosks in to different parks, when I approached w my magic bands, cm asked to see the tickets associated with them! I said I'd go get from my husband and walked away. Is that still occuring at the fp kiosks?
Thank you!

I am wondering about this too. Do the CMs ever question you about your tickets when you are at the kiosk?

"

You're contradicting yourself again. The thing is, operation of the FP kiosk changes. The system receives updates. In the past, while you nearly always had to visit a kiosk to book SDFP, you could change your SDFP on the website. But this is no longer true. As far as anyone knows. If you try to alter SDFP on the app or website, and it works, be sure to come back to this thread to let us know!

*** Not sure if I misunderstood this or not ** We were able to change our SDFP via the app when we were there in May.

When we went in May we could not get SDFP for TT or Soarin at Epcot

That really makes no sense to me why they would ask that. Many, many people purchase their tickets online and have them assigned directly to a MB, including most packages. They never have an actual, physical ticket

I agree. The whole point of a MagicBand is that you don't have to carry anything else around with you, particularly a park ticket.

*** Not sure if I misunderstood this or not ** We were able to change our SDFP via the app when we were there in May.

It changed sometime around mid/late May. Someone posted the exact date (they were able to do it the first couple days of their trip but not the next) and it was around the 17th if I recall correctly. I had done it on May 6 (changed on the app) but wasn't able to the next time I tested over Memorial Day weekend and haven't been able to since.

In general, getting any "top" rides (TT, Soarin, FEA at Epcot or 7D at MK) is just a result of someone else cancelling it right then. I was able to get Soarin' around 3pm last Saturday but know it was just because someone must have just cancelled. I would never count on any of these.

I may have stumbled myself into a prime "double FP" opportunity - tell me if I have this right.

I have a set of 5-day tickets that I am not using on my next trip (bought them before the price increase, then ended up cancelling my room-only reservation and getting the free dining package instead). I have assigned those tickets to phantoms on my MDE.

So my main tickets and 60-day FP came from my package purchase. But if I understand correctly, I can also go in at 30 days out and get more FPs using my phantoms' tickets. The key is to use the real ones for park entry, and only bring out the phantom tickets to check in for FP rides.

Right?

I may have stumbled myself into a prime "double FP" opportunity - tell me if I have this right.

I have a set of 5-day tickets that I am not using on my next trip (bought them before the price increase, then ended up cancelling my room-only reservation and getting the free dining package instead). I have assigned those tickets to phantoms on my MDE.

So my main tickets and 60-day FP came from my package purchase. But if I understand correctly, I can also go in at 30 days out and get more FPs using my phantoms' tickets. The key is to use the real ones for park entry, and only bring out the phantom tickets to check in for FP rides.

Right?

You got it. I am doing the same in 2 weeks.

Right?

Just one important tweak. You can book for the phantoms at 60 days out if you choose at least one profile from the resort reservation as part of the group when you book the phantom FPs. You can always go back and switch the resort person's FP to something else - the phantom FPs will remain unchanged. Search under "umbrella" on the first page of the thread for a better explanation.

It changed sometime around mid/late May. Someone posted the exact date (they were able to do it the first couple days of their trip but not the next) and it was around the 17th if I recall correctly. I had done it on May 6 (changed on the app) but wasn't able to the next time I tested over Memorial Day weekend and haven't been able to since.

In general, getting any "top" rides (TT, Soarin, FEA at Epcot or 7D at MK) is just a result of someone else cancelling it right then. I was able to get Soarin' around 3pm last Saturday but know it was just because someone must have just cancelled. I would never count on any of these.

Gotcha! Sorry for the confusion but I know we did this a lot on 5/1 and 5/2.
Thanks for the update info :)

I might have outsmarted myself. The 5-day tickets were originally assigned to my real group, and when I assigned them to phantoms, it assigned them as "paperless tickets"; the actual cards stayed assigned to real people. Can I book FP with phantoms, and still scan the cards to redeem?

I might have outsmarted myself. The 5-day tickets were originally assigned to my real group, and when I assigned them to phantoms, it assigned them as "paperless tickets"; the actual cards stayed assigned to real people. Can I book FP with phantoms, and still scan the cards to redeem?
You can book for phantoms but will need MBs at the FP tapstiles.

The plastic tickets remain linked to the originals and provide the link to the data in the originals' Profiles.

What you can do is change the original names to phantoms names and add on a new set of correctly named people for the new reservation so that the "new" people receive the MBs and the old/phantoms use the plastic tickets.

This won't work if you've already customized or received your MBs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter