SDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 7th of June?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the idea mentioned above of not having any on your main profile to be able to transfer, but unless I'm missing something that means I don't book/use the fast pass entitlements on the ticket being used for entry? (I'm afraid I don't have enough extra sets of extra tickets to effectively pull that off)

A different question. Sometimes I've had a FP that continues to show in my MDE even though the window is past (I think this happens when I miss it?). When that happens, does it still think I'm in my third FP and thus not allow me to grab a 4th? Last time it didn't matter much.. I just cancelled it and made another one. But if I'm my intention is to transfer in a 4th and it's a second Tier 1.. wouldn't that be a problem?
Yes. That has happened to me before. On rare occasions even though we have all scanned it FP I have encountered where one our our party of 3 somehow is not redeemed. When you try to book an additional FP (or receive one via the change party feature) you get a "not so fast" error and that someone in the party is not eligible. In my case it always happened in MK so it was ok to cancel the one that didn't redeem properly but it would be an issue in a tiered park (or if you were trying to receive a 2nd FP for a ride you had already redeemed i.e. a second 7DMT FP b/c you cannot duplicate your first 3 FP of the day)

While I'll be extremely happy if this is the case, I am flummoxed. You would think they would be rejected at the kiosk.
I'm still not counting Disney IT out on doing exactly this, since this is the way the legacy FP's worked so I'm not getting too invested in this CPFP possibility until then.

I'm thinking the above quote is meaning new magic bands that can be added on as a phantom to a mde and not used magic bands that are under some strangers mde? I had thot that new magic bands purchased and registered under a phantom and linked to ur mde since they didn't have a ticket linked they couldn't be adjusted or modified on ur mde just viewed but hopefully this has changed
Correct - in order to transfer (change party), the MDE's would need to at least be linked. And you still can't make changes to FP without a ticket assigned to them because before allowing the change, the MDE app is looking for the ticket media. However, in this case, when it goes to transfer the FP from a card/band without media to someone WITH tickets, it's only checking to see if the second person has a ticket. Does that make any sense?

The plan was to use these extra bands, that have never had tickets attached, for SDFPs. Do we think there is a chance that these would work to make SDFPs and then the change party option to move them to the tickets after the 1st 3 are used?

We will be in MK on the dreaded change day!
If CPFP works as ScrapYap is hoping/predicting, then these bands should work for that since they'll be linked to your MDE.

As will we.....
Really hoping both @mom2mickeyfan and @ArielSRL can report back on that change day since I'm not sure what day I'll be able to get to the park (know I'll be there the 5th but thinking that will be before the changes).

And a question for people now researching and experimenting with CPFP, you still cannot modify time or anything for the FP from the app? Just change the party.
Correct. Since it's checking for the admission. You CAN still cancel a SDFP from your phone but nothing more. I will check this one more time today when I attempt to use the Change Party again.

I like the idea mentioned above of not having any on your main profile to be able to transfer, but unless I'm missing something that means I don't book/use the fast pass entitlements on the ticket being used for entry? (I'm afraid I don't have enough extra sets of extra tickets to effectively pull that off)

A different question. Sometimes I've had a FP that continues to show in my MDE even though the window is past (I think this happens when I miss it?). When that happens, does it still think I'm in my third FP and thus not allow me to grab a 4th? Last time it didn't matter much.. I just cancelled it and made another one. But if I'm my intention is to transfer in a 4th and it's a second Tier 1.. wouldn't that be a problem?
I agree with your first statement - I would never give up my 3 "real" FPP's that I'm sure will work in exchange for transferring others or CPFP or whatever just in case of any changes during that 30/60 day window or in case of an overzealous CM or way of enforcing who's using FPP's. Seems like the main advantage to doing that would be to get more than one FP during the same time window but I'm okay sacrificing that in order to at least be sure I have my 3 "most-wanted" FPP's. And as others said, yes, if the FP didn't scan correctly it will keep you from getting another Tier 1. First, try clicking on it in your MDE app - a lot of times one shows up for me but if I click on it I then get an error message and when I refresh it disappears. I think the system doesn't always update in real time (or your phone doesn't - not sure whose fault it would be). If this still doesn't work, I'd go to the attraction, explain you'd ridden but the FP hadn't gone away and now you couldn't book more, and have them let you scan again. Or go to GS if closer and a short line and do the same there.

I'll be in MK tomorrow with a full array of fast passes and tickets if anyone needs me to test anything.
If you could check booking a SDFP using a card/band without ticket media attached and then transfer it to someone with tickets (even at the end of the day) just to make sure I'm not the only one who can do this ;) we'd really appreciate having another data point!

Last edited:
Really hoping both @mom2mickeyfan and @ArielSRL can report back on that change day since I'm not sure what day I'll be able to get to the park (know I'll be there the 5th but thinking that will be before the changes).

Will do! :mic:

Right now we have a mine train FP for 8 p.m. on our 5 day tickets and main MDE that is the tickets we will be using to enter the park. I of course can't change it to an earlier time. Could I link a MDE that has 10 day expiring tickets and move those FPs to those 10 day tickets to "hold" until later? I'm thinking we need our first 3 FPs to end much earlier than 8 p.m.

The big difference is you will need to use the 3 pre-booked FPs first. So that will make choosing FPs more strategic-want to get them for first 3 hrs you plan to be in the park. As opposed to a situation where you planned to hop to Park 2 in the afternoon, prebooking all FPs for that park while relying on SDFP for Park 1.
Yeh...this is my issue because my trip is in 5 days and I don't want to go modifying a bunch of my FPs so that they are all earlier in the day. But there are a few days where it will work out.

I will definitely check it on the 6th. But my last "real" FP is scheduled for BTMRR at 8:45. I think I will schedule a SDFP for 9:30 - 10:30 and 10:30-11. I think I will be all done with BTMRR by 9:15 but are we sure on the transferring once the FP time has already started?

In any case, I will be able to test it but it will be later that night.

Soooooo....who is going to be the martyr who attempts to use a non-scanned-in Magic Band at a FP kiosk on June 6, risking MDE "lockout"?? Not me, lol.

I will be at Epcot on June 6 and will see if I'm able to make SDFP on ticket-less MBs that are on my MDE (my MIL's and FIL's from a previous trip). If I'm able to make them, I'll see if I can transfer them to a member of my family who is in the park after our first 3 FPs are used (I'll try one before the FP window opens and one after, for research).

I'll also be at Hollywood on June 7, but not until 8:00 pm. I have 4 FPs booked for TOT from 8:00-9:00 and 4 FPs booked for RNR from 9-9:30 (all using APs). My whole family of 5 will be at Disney (all with APs), but only my son and I are going to Hollywood for these rides. Normally, we'd just use my husband's and daughter's band to ride each ride a second time. But now, I think we're out of luck for riding TOT twice. As soon as we scan into RNR, I will try to transfer the second set of RNR to our bands. I guess I will also book another Tier 2 for earlier in the day, but I won't have the opportunity to scan in for it because we won't be there until after 8:00, and reports seem to vary as to whether this will work.

Will update here how it goes. Wish me luck, and please let me know if I should try anything differently!

Edited to include further research opportunity -- we were only planning to use two FPs at Epcot on June 6. I will book a 3rd earlier FP (Tier 2) for everyone, and I will stop by and scan in for that ride for only one of us. Then I can determine whether the transfer method will work if you let one of your earlier Tier 2 FPs lapse, instead of get used.

Last edited:
Let me see if I got this right.

I have two real profiles on my MDE, me and my mom, plus two phantoms, let's call it ME2 and Mom2. I bought 3 different tickets for the Christmas parties tickets and attached one set to my real profiles and two sets to my phantom profiles. So theoretically I could go to a kiosk upon arrival and make SDFP with those tickets attached to the phantoms, and then use MDE to change those FP to the real profiles. Am I close or I missed the whole point?

Really appreciate everyone in FL doing on the ground research and keeping us non-locals up to date. This blows up my plans to use SDFP on my first few days (planning to use my real FPs at our second park of the day) but I might be able to get some benefit from CPFP on our last few days, because our FPs are planned early in the day. Thanks for keeping the info flowing!!!

Ok I am confused with all these same day things ...
I have four AP's on four bands for my family. I have four bands with 4 7 day hopper tickets that have never been activated for four other people (our dogs)
I have always been able to book 3 FP for us at 60 days for resort stays and at 30 days for the dogs. We have never had any problems using them. Will we have a problem doing this after June 6th ????

I have four AP's on four bands for my family. I have four bands with 4 7 day hopper tickets that have never been activated for four other people (our dogs)
I have always been able to book 3 FP for us at 60 days for resort stays and at 30 days for the dogs. We have never had any problems using them. Will we have a problem doing this after June 6th ????
Yes, your dogs' FPs won't work if the rumored change does it fact go into effect on June 6, because your dogs won't have checked into the park that day. If you want to use your dogs' FPs, you will have to use all of your own FPs first and then transfer your dogs' FPs to your magic bands one at a time (effectively making those your 4th, 5th, and then 6th FPs for the day).

You can still book 3 for your dogs at 30 days. However!, it seems now you will have to transfer those dogs' FP to your family profiles:

1. One at a time
2. After your family has either used/scanned but not ride/ your 3 original FP that were made at 60 days.

To summarize, don't scan the dogs' MBs at FP entrance. Must transfer to a profile that actually entered the park that day.

wow that is a big change

So if someone in your party does not go to the park that day (gets sick or something) another person can not use their fast pass because they would not have gone through the front gate that day ... Like in the old days everyone has to go to the park that day and go through the turn style that day in order to use the fast pass

Yes, your dogs' FPs won't work if the rumored change does it fact go into effect on June 6, because your dogs won't have checked into the park that day. If you want to use your dogs' FPs, you will have to use all of your own FPs first and then transfer your dogs' FPs to your magic bands one at a time (effectively making those your 4th, 5th, and then 6th FPs for the day).
@Bronte, to add to @juliekzp comments regarding 4th, 5th, 6th. Once you transfer dogs' 1st FP it becomes 4th family FP. I believe you can jump right back on MDE and book another dog FP to fill the empty slot you just created by transferring it to family. Is this correct everyone?

So I'm thinking every time a FP is transferred from the donor to the recipient, it should be followed immediately by filling the vacant FP on donor's profile. Can anyone confirm this?

wow that is a big change

So if someone in your party does not go to the park that day (gets sick or something) another person can not use their fast pass because they would not have gone through the front gate that day ... Like in the old days everyone has to go to the park that day and go through the turn style that day in order to use the fast pass
It seems that is how the new system will work. But another person CAN use their FP it just HAS to be transferred to a person that IS in the park that day. So basically your dogs' profiles are a holding tank that you can no longer drink from. You must transfer to your family's tank before drinking.

Very likely. Your dogs will need to Change Party and transfer their FPs to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter