Scrapbooking Tote

TN Dreamer

Mouseketeer (When did that happen?)
I have got to break down and buy a tote for all of my scrapbooking supplies. I am looking at the Crop In Style, either the Navigator of the XXL. Does anyone have suggestions on which they think is the best? I do not have scrapbook room so I must store all my supplies in the tote. Also, I would like something that would be easy to manuever around the house and also at crops.

TN Dreamer said:
I have got to break down and buy a tote for all of my scrapbooking supplies. I am looking at the Crop In Style, either the Navigator of the XXL. Does anyone have suggestions on which they think is the best? I do not have scrapbook room so I must store all my supplies in the tote. Also, I would like something that would be easy to manuever around the house and also at crops.

I have the XXL because I'm in the same boat as you. I still have to much stuff to just fit in the bag.
It does get heavy with all the stuff in it so if you go to crops you may want to take that into consideration too. It can be a pain in the butt getting it in and out of the car.

hi, from Ontario,Canada.
I picked up two totes on day while over at Joannes. They were soooo cheap. I don't know the name of them. They were $39.00 on for a weekend for $19.00. The two side and middle zippered compartments velcroed off and middle dividers. I just love :love: it I bought the second one for my sister inlaw, because of the great deal.

I have the navigator. It is great. Although I have outgrown it and have added another bag. I have heard when the XXL is full it is quite heavy. :) Let us know what you decide :)

Thanks to all of your replies. I still am not sure which I will get. I guess I will just decide when I get to Joanns this weekend. I feel like I need the XXL for all of my supplies, but I am afraid it will be to heavy to handle when it is full. I have had RC repairs (on both shoulders) and a broken collar bone so I am little leary of anything to heavy or to hard to manuever. But I am afraid the Navigator will not be big enough and I would hate to buy it and then decide I need more room. Decisions, Decisions.... :confused3 Again thanks for your input. I'll let you know which one I decide to get.

Thanks CrazedDisFan for the printable coupons that will save me some money :woohoo:

I have a XXL and a small bag for travel. I can't lift my XXL when full, but i have all the clear outside pockets filled with punches.

Is it worth it to pay 45 dollars for a navigator or should I pay a couple more dollars for XXL cause Joanns has 50% coupons and I just recieved a coupon where you take 5 dollars of your purchase.

I have the XXL and I like it very much. I'd use the 50% coupon and get the XXL. JMO

Remember you can always add another bag to the top of your wheeled tote. The smaller crop in style totes have a strap in back to attach to the handle of your wheeled totes. I know my Navigator is heavy full. Remember if you go to crops you will need to be able to take it in and out of the car :)

Well darn... I received email from Joann's for 50% off online purchase and the Crop in Style totes are excluded. I called the store and they have the Navigator but not the XXL and will let me use the 50% coupon at the store. Now wonder why it is excluded online? I was so hoping to get it online to save time, money and gas (Joanns is about 1 hour away). Oh well, I might go tomorrow and get the Navigator. I would really like to have the storage of the XXL but I am afraid it will be to heavy when it is full.

Thanks to all of your replies.

I love my XXL. I also have the navigator but needed something bigger, so my sister bought me the XXL for my b'day---great gift! I also have an Art Bin tote on wheels for embellishments that is pretty lightweight. Anyway, I have seem the Navigator and XXl at Michael's and AC Moore and you can buy it with a 40% coupon.

Well I am back. After comparing both the Navigator and the XXL I decided on the XXL. I really loved the Crop in Style 7-pc set, but it was $180.00 and even 1/2 off I did not want to spend that much. Basically the 7-pc set was the Navigator with all the storage goodies inside ( binders, totes, etc). Joanns did not have the XXL so I got it at AC Moore and they honored Joanns 50% coupon. :thumbsup2

Again thanks for all of your replies.

Thats cool. I havent seen that 7 piece set.

I have the XXL and really like it. You do have to be careful not to stuff it full because it is heavy to lift if you do.
But I love all the front and side compartments. It will fit in all you need to take to a day crop or even for me a weekend crop.

TN Dreamer--I have the XXL too and you're right, it is very heavy when full.
To me it's easy to "drive" around b/c it's like a piece of luggage but it's hard to lift and load into the back of my van. So what I did was buy this big binder
like thing called GENERATIONS. I bought it from Wal-Mart I think. It has about 8 plastic dividers for paper, a "wall" w/straps to attach pens, pencils and scissors and then a section on the other side w/2 mesh zipper pockets where you can put stickers, pictures or whatever else you need. When I go to crops I have an idea of what I want to work on anyway so get several packets of paper, a few stickers, ribbons or whatever else I think I'll need and I'm good to go. Of course I have to pack a 2nd bag for the albun, cutters, and other bulky stuff but 2 light weight bags are easier than one huge bag. I use my XXL as a storage unit when I'm at home since I don't have a scrap room or corner. Works pretty good for me.

Good luck!!
Karen
p/s Are the dogwoods still in bloom in Gatlinburg?

TN Traveler said:
Good luck!!
Karen
p/s Are the dogwoods still in bloom in Gatlinburg?

No the dogwood blooms are all gone, or a least in this area, not sure about Gatlinburg. I try avoid that area if possible, big tourist area and way to much traffic to suit me.

Like I said in previous post, I purchased XXL, but I have been still thinking about the Crop in Style 7 piece set. I liked the idea that the bag was smaller (the Navigator) and had the various totes and binders. I am presently looking to add the Crop in Style binder to store stickers, templates, paper, etc. The cost at Hobby Lobby for binder is $29.99. I could use coupon and get it a little cheaper. I guess by the time I add another $30.00 I could have purchased the set. At the time $90.00 just seemed a lot for a bag. But, I guess you have to take into consideration everything you are getting for that price.

I have not taken tags off the XXL or used it yet. I may exchange it for the 7-piece set next time Joann has a 50% coupon.

I wanted to buy the Creative Memories Sticker binder, but it is no longer available and unless I can find a consultant with an extra left over I guess I am out of luck.

Hi,

did anybody get the Disney scrapbooking tote? I ordered it, but I haven't received it yet...

I just returned from the MegaMeet in Novi, MI -- does anyone know anything about the Scrapbug Tote Co? I am interested in buying the Butterfly rolling tote or the Dragonfly. They seem like sturdy, very colorful well made rolling totes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter