Scooter Tips?

If you leave your scooter outside a restaurant while you eat, be sure to either lower the seat or somehow cover it, so you don't come out to a wet puddle on your seat from a rain shower. I learned that one the hard way. It was sunny when I went in, sunny when I came out, but sometime during lunch was a rain shower. Nice big puddle of water for me to sit on my scooter.
Good Choice with scooter co.
Another thing to consider covering is the controls. In the past, Gold has supplied plastic covers to put over the controls when it rains. Basically, they are clear shower caps; in case you want to take a couple with you as extras.

Be aware that it is possible that the scooter may be moved by cast members while the shuffling around strollers and ECVs to keep the parking areas "neat and tidy". In which case, it is beneficial to decorate your scooter to some extent. Personally, I have added battery operated lights the basket and to the cane holder in the back. I've zip tied plushes to the front of the basket. Also have put a beach towel on the seat (held in place with a beach band). As long as your decorations do not damage the scooter (or hinder other guests experiences - looking at the parent with a balloon trailing 4 feet behind the stroller it is tied to) you can do just about whatever you want to it.

If you haven't already rented a scooter, I highly recommend renting one from Gold Mobility Scooters.
Beach towel for the seat!!! Brilliant!!!!

Another thing to consider covering is the controls. In the past, Gold has supplied plastic covers to put over the controls when it rains. Basically, they are clear shower caps; in case you want to take a couple with you as extras.
Good idea! I will get some.

I *promise* you will be fine! Take your time, go at a speed that feels safe and comfortable to you.

What happens is that we naturally will lean "against" the slope as we go up or down; it's something our bodies do instinctively to help keep our center of gravity in the proper place. So you will find that you tend to lean forward when going up, and lean back a bit when going down.

But honestly, after you go up and down once, you probably won't worry about it too much! And if you are just determined to avoid those ramps, you can always take the ferry boat over to TTC, and catch the Monorail there! 😉
My rented ECV has died on two different occasions trying to go up the ramp at the TTC. I think Disney made them too steep and feel like they should have built an elevator there like they did at the monorail station at Epcot.

Most recently this happened two weeks ago but also I put partial blame on the scooter quality. I had to find a charging port at the TTC. Thankfully, there was one near a soda vending machine. Later in the same trip, I rode my ECV to the Poly once to avoid that ramp and another time I took the ferry to MK. I was staying at BLT so rode from MK to BLT.

My rented ECV has died on two different occasions trying to go up the ramp at the TTC. I think Disney made them too steep and feel like they should have built an elevator there like they did at the monorail station at Epcot.

Most recently this happened two weeks ago but also I put partial blame on the scooter quality. I had to find a charging port at the TTC. Thankfully, there was one near a soda vending machine. Later in the same trip, I rode my ECV to the Poly once to avoid that ramp and another time I took the ferry to MK. I was staying at BLT so rode from MK to BLT.
It is also going to depend on your weight, if you are near the weight limit of the scooter, it will be hard for the scooter to make it up the ramp there. Generally, the Maxima will have no issues, but the Victory 10.2 could.

Question: Can I leave my rented scooter outside a ride or restaurant while I get in the que line or go eat? Will my scooter be moved? ( I of course will ask CM where to park)
Bonus question: I would love to decorate/personalize my scooter... What have you done or seen? Looking for ideas/pictures. Thanks!!!!
I own my ECV and decorate for the seasons - I get all my decorations at The Dollar Tree or similar - plus battery powered lights
IMG_0614.jpeg

I own my ECV and decorate for the seasons - I get all my decorations at The Dollar Tree or similar - plus battery powered lights
believe me, I went shopping at the dollar tree.. lol I decided on a rubber duck that I found on a recent cruise! Think 'hood ornament'. grin..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter