Scooter area at Hollywood Studios during Jingle fireworks

katmittens

OKW Owner
Is there a certain area for scooters during the jingle jam fireworks at HS? Pictures appear to show everyone in the main area so not sure how difficult it would be to see everything. Hope that is the right name for it.

Hi, katmittens. This is the only quick info I could find doing a search from last year. I haven't been to the DHS Christmas show yet, but I went to the DHS Star Wars show at night last June and there was a handicap area for wheelchairs and mobility scooters.

I decided not to try and see the Fantasmic show and the Star Wars show on the same night because the nights that I went the show times were too close together and I didn't want to get caught in the crowds going from one show to the next.

Not a newbie to Disney World, a newbie to the wheelchair.

I wanted to see the Jingle Bell Jingle Bam show, which is impossible to do on the same night as Fantasmic. This was the biggest bomb of the trip. If you are in a chair, you need to get to the wheelchair/scooter viewing area early and park. We had found what I thought was an okay viewing spot and by five-minute mark before the start, I had people standing inches in front of me, unable to see anything in front of me, and no one to put me on their shoulders. Plus, the crowd had packed in so tightly at that point, getting out was a nightmare.

So for the Star Wars Fireworks, I asked a cast member and was directed to the handicapped space and held down a spot where I had a chance at catching a glimpse of the projections. It's a spot along the walkway, so there are no people allowed to stand in front of the rope where we were, although part of the show is watching those who think those rules don't apply to them.

The top half of the projections was as good as I'd have gotten standing unless we were on the front line (where you miss a lot of the fireworks being to close to the building.):)

Below is a 2+-year-old photo by easywdw.

star_wars_dessert_party_designated_viewing.jpg

In this photo, it looks about the same area. I notice in this photo there is no white tape on the ground. I don't remember the "designated viewing area", but I do remember the "Disabled Viewing Area" above. I remember the walkway in front which the cast members did a good job of keeping people out of the walkway during the show. To the far right of the photo, there was white tape where people sat and then some stood when the show started. You can also see the "Frozen Singalong Sign" at the top of the photo so I was just to the left of the center. It was a good view since you were looking up and no one was in the walking area. Maybe someone can come up with some photos from last year.

Last edited:
855B66DD-FC3F-49B4-AB07-42237823960E.jpeg
Hi, katmittens. This is the only quick info I could find doing a search from last year. I haven't been to the DHS Christmas show yet, but I went to the DHS Star Wars show at night last June and there was a handicap area for wheelchairs and mobility scooters.

I decided not to try and see the Fantasmic show and the Star Wars show on the same night because the nights that I went the show times were too close together and I didn't want to get caught in the crowds going from one show to the next.

Below is a 2+-year-old photo by easywdw.

In this photo, it looks about the same area. I notice in this photo there is no white tape on the ground. I don't remember the "designated viewing area", but I do remember the "Disabled Viewing Area" above. I remember the walkway in front which the cast members did a good job of keeping people out of the walkway during the show. To the far right of the photo, there was white tape where people sat and then some stood when the show started. You can also see the "Frozen Singalong Sign" at the top of the photo so I was just to the left of the center. It was a good view since you were looking up and no one was in the walking area. Maybe someone can come up with some photos from last year.
My daughter who uses a wheelchair was not with us last year when my sister and I saw the Jingle Jam show.
I can’t find any pictures of the handicapped viewing area, but I marked where I thought it was on this screenshot of it the My Disney Experience.
My sister and I were approximately where the blue star is.
Where I remember the handicapped viewing area being was the area marked in red. There was an aisle in front of it that CMs did a good job of keeping clear

Hi, SueM. Yep, that is the spot. I haven't learned how to make screenshots and how to put lines on them as you do and especially like what Robo does with his maps on the Theme Parks Forum Board.

In the old photo that I posted, I didn't see the concrete area where some folks sat down behind the fenced off area with wheelchairs and mobility scooters. But after seeing SueM's map I see the green area behind the Handicap seating area must have a small concrete ledge outlining the green area.

So in the older photo that I showed, that is why I don't remember seeing the roped off area for the "Designated Viewing Area" for viewing.

And they moved the "Disabled Viewing Area" further over to the space in front of the bushes.

After the show, the cast members suggested that we exit around to the right of the red square and away from the immediate crowd leaving down the middle of the park toward where the "Hollywood Boulevard" word is located on Sue's map.

They still had the walkway in front taped off and cast members were good at keeping folks from standing in the walkway and blocking the wheelchair and mobility scooter views.

I really enjoyed the show.

855b66dd-fc3f-49b4-ab07-42237823960e-jpeg.353095

View attachment 353095
My daughter who uses a wheelchair was not with us last year when my sister and I saw the Jingle Jam show.
I can’t find any pictures of the handicapped viewing area, but I marked where I thought it was on this screenshot of it the My Disney Experience.
My sister and I were approximately where the blue star is.
Where I remember the handicapped viewing area being was the area marked in red. There was an aisle in front of it that CMs did a good job of keeping clear

how do these areas work? do they let family members with you> but i feel that would be be pretty awkward if they are standing & blocking someone else's view. ( had bad experience once at a show in front of castle, where a woman tried squishing herself & kids in between myself on ecv & daughter standing close to me.. rude people.....)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!