sci-fi review

Sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy Sci-Fi. I ate there in Jan.06 and had a wonderful time....good food, good service, fun atmosphere...I plan to eat there again in 2008. :thumbsup2

queenof4hearts said:
We had lunch at the sci-fi restaurant last Saturday and the food was unbelievably bad! The turkey sandwich I had which was about $12 was dry, on dry bread and completely tasteless, fries were cold. My husband had a reuban which was equally as bad, not grilled and again cold fries.

Anyone else have any reviews on the food? I was shocked, certainly not a Disney standard of quality! The atmosphere was neat but I would not eat there or recomend anyone to go there! Any comments? :confused3
We've always had a great experience when we dine at Sci Fi. :thumbsup2

:goodvibes Wow! We had a great time here in sept.! There were three of us. 30,56,14. We were on the dining plan and asked to share two ts's between the three of us. Our server gave an emphatic yes! Between the three of us we ordered- for appetizers, 2- onion rings. They were hot, crispy and more then enough for the three of us. then one burger platter and one rueben. I sampled both and thought they were very good, all hot and fresh tasting. We couldn't finish the fries because we were too full. All three of us ordered shakes _ two counted as drinks and one counted as a dessert. We took another shake "To Go" as our final dessert. Our server gave the 14 y o we had with us a special sci fi drivers licence. She was thrilled, we left full and entertained. I would not worry about your ADR's. Go, experience, have fun and then review. I think most experiences depend upon your server at any restaurant anyway. :goodvibes

We love the Sci-Fi cafe and eat there almost every trip.

But here's what you HAVE to order, do not deviate:

Cheeseburger
Onion Rings
Adult Martian Shake (or three, with flashing lights)

You will be thrilled!

We have eaten at the Sci-Fi Dine In for several years. We have always enjoyed ourselves at the restaurant. The food has always been good, not spectacular, but good. This year, the menu was a lot smaller and the food was below its normal standard, in fact everything was pretty bland, except the artichoke dip and it was very good.

Service, also, was much below the standard. It took it an act of God to get drink refills. My allergies were acting up the entire time I was at WDW and I had taken some Clairiten D and I was THIRSTY. I got my first glass of tea and after that it was beg, borrow, or steal to get refills.

I think you don't go to the Sci Fi for the food -- you go for the atmosphere. I have been every trip (7 times) -- yes, the food is average to bad, but this restaurant is just neat. My ds was 3 last trip and he loved it -- my dd was just turning one and it was the best meal we had with her. I am so looking forward to this trip -- we are going to Sci Fi for dinner this time instead of lunch (first time for dinner).

I have to agree, the main reasoning for going to the Sci-Fi Dine In Theater is for the atmosphere.

A dining experience earlier this year left me saying "I think it's time to go some place new"... but after another visit just a few weeks ago, I was left saying "More fries please!"

I ordered the Cheeseburger and Fries - stick to the basics! The cheeseburger was good, but the fries were excellent! And of course, there was plenty of them! My friend ordered the ribs - which she ate ALL of and also enjoyed the french fries!!

I think it depends on how you hit it... but I wouldn't go in expecting the best meal of your vacation.

The Sci-fi has always been a favorite of mine, but for the atmosphere not the food. ( I agree, keep with a burger and onion rings and you will be ok)

Now this year I was really disappointed. For one thing I ventured off the burger road, but the real disapointment was that I guess they had been listening to all the people who did not like it dark because they had the lights turned up much more.

Now to me the magic was feeling like you were really at the drive in and Sci-fi really USE to pull this off well. Now, with the lights brigher it just looked like a room with painted walls and a big screen. It really ruined the atmosthere for us.

On the plus side the service was excellent, so much so that we asked to speak to the manager so we could tell her!

Before finding the boards some friends told me about Sci-fi and I had already made ADRs for it, but since reading reviews im keeping the reservations, but it will just have dessert and colas or milkshakes. Im dying to see the place and i know 4yr old ds will love esp the glow ice cubes.

I must say I dearly love the Sci-Fi Dine In. We have many fun memories of eating there over the years, but I have seen the service, food, and atmosphere slowly degrade. I have also seen the changes at some places and some cast members at the WDW and it breaks my heart.

The very first year we went to Sci-Fi was magic. When you got seated, they brought each section of the car a container of popcorn and that added so much fun to the experience and the hamburgers and shakes were very good. I miss it. popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter