sci-fi review

queenof4hearts

Mouseketeer
We had lunch at the sci-fi restaurant last Saturday and the food was unbelievably bad! The turkey sandwich I had which was about $12 was dry, on dry bread and completely tasteless, fries were cold. My husband had a reuban which was equally as bad, not grilled and again cold fries.

Anyone else have any reviews on the food? I was shocked, certainly not a Disney standard of quality! The atmosphere was neat but I would not eat there or recomend anyone to go there! Any comments? :confused3

We found this year the food wasn't as good as the year before and we were VERY rushed through our meal. Our waitress made us order everything right away-even dessert. Besides that, our kids still love it there!

We had the worst food of our trip at Sci-Fi. You're definitely paying for the atmosphere at this place!

I've tried the Sci-Fi twice, but was not thrilled with either meal. Had the cheeseburger & fries and it was just so-so. Burger was pretty greasy and the fries were luke warm.

Thanks for sharing your review, sorry your meal wasn't good. I've never had an awful meal at Sci Fi, just very average ones. :earsgirl:

Sorry you had such a bad experience. This is one of our favorites, and have never had a really bad meal. Some are better than others, but we keep going back! Love the atmosphere, and usually get the pasta, ribs, and rueben.

Ate there last week, below average food at above average prices. Atmosphere was cool if you've never been there, but we won't be going back.

okay - now I am a bit worried. We are eating at Sci-fi on our December trip. Hope our meal isn't THAT bad!!!

:)

We have previously eaten at sci-fi twice and although it is not fancy food, we liked it enough to return on our upcoming trip. In fact, DH requested this place on our list of must do ADR's. I'm still taking a chance and keeping my ADR, just hope I won't be disappointed.

Sorry to hear that your meal was bad and rushed.

We love the place. I was reluctant to eat there, because of the bad reviews. I ordered the Rueben, and have only eaten the Rueben there on every return trip. I ignore wait staff that rushes you. Enjoy the place.

I'd say to give it another chance - order the Rueben.

This is my son's favorite place to eat. While it isn't my favorite food we really enjoy the atmospere !

We just returned from a week at WDW and the Sci-fi was easily our worst meal during the trip. We decided to give it a try even though we had read mixed reviews about it. It seemed like a good concept, but our family of four really didn't enjoy it at all. The lighting is so dim that it was hard to read the menu to start with, then when the food arrived you couldn't see what you were eating very well. Not one of us finished our meals there, the food wasn't good at all...we all ended up not feeling very well that night. We enjoyed our cs lunch at Pecos Bill's in MK much better then our ts Sci-fi meal.

queenof4hearts said:
We had lunch at the sci-fi restaurant last Saturday and the food was unbelievably bad! The turkey sandwich I had which was about $12 was dry, on dry bread and completely tasteless, fries were cold. My husband had a reuban which was equally as bad, not grilled and again cold fries.

I couldn't agree more! I would add that not only was the food poor both times I ate there, but the service was almost nonexistent. No way would I waste time & money on that particular "table service" spot in the future.

im worried now too..we're also going in dec and im the onw who's making all the dining plans. i talked 7 of us into going there who've never benn. hopefully they'll see past the so-so fad and enjoy the "theme".

Thanks for the other reviews. The atmosphere was "cool and different", and we were not rushed. Service was okay, not great and we had a cool car in the front row, it was just that the food (reuban and turkey sand) were so undesireable, actually everything we had was yucky I could not fathom returning!

I am sorry to put a downer on other diners expectations. I had been wanting to go there for years. Now that that is out of my system I will not be going back, unless it was just for a dessert. Hopefully they could do that okay :wave: ?!?

Rudy6 said:
Sorry to hear that your meal was bad and rushed.

We love the place. I was reluctant to eat there, because of the bad reviews. I ordered the Rueben, and have only eaten the Rueben there on every return trip. I ignore wait staff that rushes you. Enjoy the place.

I'd say to give it another chance - order the Rueben.

We ate there last week. My wife also said the rueben was really good. I had the ribs which were good as well. Didn't feel rushed, but I tend to ignore those things also.

I'm going to have to add to the bad food!

We were not rushed, in fact, we couldn't get a hold of our waiter for our check when we wanted to leave.

Apps: onion rings & artichoke spinach dip
Entrees: BBQ ribs & BBQ chicken sandwich
Desserts: strawberry shake & apple crisp

The onion rings were really thick cut and had no dipping sauces beside ketchup. They weren't fully cooked either. The artichoke dip was good. The only good thing from our meal. The ribs were undercooked. You had to use all your might to rip the meat from the bones. Didn't have much flavor either. The sandwich had no flavor what-so-ever. The strawberry shake tasted like it was made with that powdered stuff you use to make strawberry milk. Not what I think of when I think strawberry. The apples were still very crisp and the topping had nuts in it which I didn't like. The topping was good other than the nuts and the ice cream was good.

We have eatin here quite a few times and always had good food and service. Like others I tend to ignore most servers. They are there for me, not vice a versa. I was very sorry to see they took SCI-FI off as one of the Fantasmic options.

I was just there, first time at Sci-Fi. The atmopshere was awesome. the food was so-so. I liked the appitizers best, we had the onion rings and the artichoke dip. (the onion rings should have had dipping sauce) I'm glad I didnt have to pay for this meal. The only reason i will go back is with my neice and nephew as they would enjoy the atmosphere. I didnt like not being able to see what i was eating, I went into the bathroom 5 times just to make sure I didnt spill anything on myself! *paranoid* LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter