Sci Fi reservation for 2 vs 3

casperthegm

Mouseketeer
For the three of us, our window for dining reservations opens tomorrow and when I check on current availability for the day before we are set to reserve I see reservation times are still available. But those available slots appear to be for 2 people only, as when I change it to 3 people the available slots disappear.

I'm going to assume the answer to this is no, but just to cover my bases; if I were to make a reservation for 2 people and show up with 3, or check in with them when they open for the day and seeing about adding an additional member to the reservation, any chance they'd be able to accommodate? Thanks in advance for any thoughts or personal experiences.

I would look for a res for 4. Even though there are three, each seat or even tables are usually even numbered 2 top or 4 top, so you are not taking a seat from anyone. Plus you can show up for a res with less people just not usually more.
THIS^

3 or 4 people take up the same amount of space BUT if you show up with 3 with a 2 ADR likely you'll be sitting around quite awhile hoping for a opening OR offered the picnic tables at the back since technically the one guest is walk up.

For the three of us, our window for dining reservations opens tomorrow and when I check on current availability for the day before we are set to reserve I see reservation times are still available. But those available slots appear to be for 2 people only, as when I change it to 3 people the available slots disappear.

I'm going to assume the answer to this is no, but just to cover my bases; if I were to make a reservation for 2 people and show up with 3, or check in with them when they open for the day and seeing about adding an additional member to the reservation, any chance they'd be able to accommodate? Thanks in advance for any thoughts or personal experiences.
I would definitely ditch looking for ADR for 3. As @wov305 suggests, look for reservation for 4. The system likes even numbered parties better AND sci-fi has been a tough reservation, making it less likely that they will be able to accommodate adding someone extra when you check in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter