Sci fi or Prime Time 50's cafe?

We like the 50's Primerime but we LOVE the Sci-Fi! The movie clips are a hoot!

I'm going out on a limb, I think adults prefer 50's Prime Time because they can remember I Love Lucy/Leave it to Beaver reruns.

I find the food marginally better at 50's PT too.

However, I believe that the concept at 50's Prime Time is lost on children.

My suggestion is Sci-Fi.

But if staying on-site, anything by your resort swimming pool is what most kids prefer over a crowded restaurant.

Both are themed so great, but I'd go with 50's PTC. The food there is so much better and quite frankly, after the first 20-30 minutes of the movie reels at Sci-Fi I was bored.
I love the antics of the servers at 50's, too!

We love both, as do our kids. Both have great atmosphere. I know when we go we have a difficult time choosing. Good luck, you can't loose :)

Sci if is so dark my kids didn't like it as much as I thought they would. They (ages 15, 13, 7, 6, 4 and 2) say 50's. They got bored with the movie reel at sci fi too.

I'm going out on a limb, I think adults prefer 50's Prime Time because they can remember I Love Lucy/Leave it to Beaver reruns.

I find the food marginally better at 50's PT too.

However, I believe that the concept at 50's Prime Time is lost on children.

My suggestion is Sci-Fi.

But if staying on-site, anything by your resort swimming pool is what most kids prefer over a crowded restaurant.
I agree with this. The 50's atmosphere seems to be lost on kids. The food at 50's is good, but not outstanding. If you dont have a server that plays the part (and punishes the adults....which kids think is hilarious) then it might be rather boring.

We prefer scifi. We think the atmosphere is terrific. Its cool and super quiet. We're not so hung up on socializing during dinner because we do a lot of that during the trip. A nice quiet meal at scifi is greatly appreciated! But if youre the type of family that likes to chit chat alot and face eachother, then no, this might not be the place for you. My son loves the fact that he gets to eat in a car. The food has always been tasty for us. Last trip I had a picnic burger. It was delish! And the oreo shake was honestly one of the best i've ever had. :goodvibes

We have been to Sci-Fi and really enjoyed it. We are trying to get ADRs for 50's in December. Hope it becomes available soon. I wasn't sure of our trip dates until a few weeks ago so didn't make them in time. :(

I vote for 50's Prime Time Café. Have been to both and with next trip coming up in April only made ressie @ Prime Time Café. I thought it was very dark at Sci-Fi and think the food is better at Prime Time. My daughter liked it better too.

We love both, as do our kids. Both have great atmosphere. I know when we go we have a difficult time choosing. Good luck, you can't loose :)

We couldn't decide, so we decided to do both the day we're at HS, one for lunch and one for dinner. I've never been to either.

That's exactly what we are doing! It's cool to do Sc-Fi for lunch because you walk out of the Florida sunshine into a nighttime drive-in movie theater. :thumbsup2

That's exactly what we are doing! It's cool to do Sc-Fi for lunch because you walk out of the Florida sunshine into a nighttime drive-in movie theater. :thumbsup2

The whole illusion is so wonderful, I forget it's not nighttime when we go for lunch! Absolutely love Sci Fi. Delicious burgers too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter