Sci fi or Prime Time 50's cafe?

nikki071406

Mouseketeer
Not sure where to do dinner at HS. Can anyone offer there opinion on where they'd take their kids ages 4 and 6

Not sure where to do dinner at HS. Can anyone offer there opinion on where they'd take their kids ages 4 and 6

Love them both, but I would give the edge to 50's PT as far as food goes. Their fried chicken meal is to die for! :lovestruc

Now, atmosphere-wise, Sci-Fi is pretty cool and my kids liked it, but they liked watching their daddy getting yelled at for putting his elbows on the table even more over at 50's PT. :laughing:

I prefer 50's over Sci-fi.

I just can't get into Sci-fi, I really wish I could.

Good Luck and Enjoy!

We've eaten at both and 50's Prime Time wins hands down. To be honest, I was VERY nervous to go, because our daughter is painfully shy. I was afraid that she wouldn't like the joking around or 'scolding'....well, I couldn't have been more wrong. She got into it more than we did!! She had SOOO much fun trying to get me and her dad 'in trouble' with our cousin and she just laughed and laughed the whole dinner. The food was fantastic, the service was incredible. It was like you were in a show for dinner. We would go again in a heartbeat. :thumbsup2

You can't go wrong with either!! I will say after having typical disney food all week my belly appreciated some home cooking at 50s prime time. :)

that they are both good choices but 50'wins out for u from a food standpoint and I love it when my wife gets caught doing something wrong and ends up being punished lol

I would definitely choose Prime Time.
The food was better, IMO, and the atmosphere was much better, especially the service.

We had super service at Sci Fi and were pretty much ignored at 50's Primetime. I guess that you never know.

Neither one will set the world on fire when it comes to food but 50's Primetime probably has a better 'normal' selection. Check out the menus in the restaurant area of this site if you haven't yet.

PT 50s' ! Don't care for the seating a SciFi you sit in cars and face the screen, not much social interaction with your family.

Ok - going to go against the group and say that my kids loved Sci-Fi last time. They were 4 and 7 and loved sitting/eating in the cars. I haven't been to 50s PT but the home cooking/getting scolded thing just doesn't appeal to me.

My daughter and I are going to both on our upcoming trip because I can't choose! Early lunch at Sci-Fi and late dinner at 50's. Love the food and atmosphere at both, and since my kiddo is super picky the menus at both are right up her alley! Good luck with your decision - can't go wrong with either! :)

We hated 50's PT. there was no interaction at all and the food was not that great. That is the kind of food we like and it was just not appealing. We will not return.

I would pick 50's PT! We love that place. They have a sampler plate that you get a little of all their best meals (fried chicken, pot roast, and meatloaf). I am in love with their pot roast!!! We have been there 4 times now and have never had a bad meal lunch or dinner. We always tell them upon checkin that we want a "FUN" waiter or waitress. Our 2 fav were Tara and Richard. But... We always make it appoint to play back... And that is probably why we always have great interaction.

We haven't tried Sci Fi because I have heard not so great things about the menu.

I had the best steak at Sci-Fi but I did like 50's too. For your kids age I would say 50's prime time for the atmosphere and service alone. I feel that Sci-Fi is dark but I did enjoy the food there.

We ate at both last week. I just asked ds12 and dd9 which they liked better and both said 50's Prime Time Cafe, although ds didn't each much there but managed more than half is the picnic burger and fries at Sci-fi.

50's Prime Time definitely over SC-FI although the steak at SCI-FI was pretty darn good. But i love the interaction of the servers and the meat loaf no wait the fried chicken wait hang on it's the pot roast, shoot i liked them all. P.S. make sure you keep your hat on while you eat. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter