Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater at MGM, any good???

My family went there in 2004.Food was ok.The theming was kinda neat.We enjoyed ourselves.It was a little pricey but no more than other restaurants in wdw.It is not our favorite but I am sure that I will go there again.

I enjoyed it, as did my wife and DS (age 4). He could stop staring at the big movie screen while eating. At a minimum, it's a nice break from the heat.

The Sci-Fi Dine-In Cafe is loads of fun, a very nostalgic look back at the Drive-In Theaters of the past. Great B-move clips are shown and the Onion Rings are the best I have ever had...The hamburgers are also great per my nephew but I'm not a hamburger eater so...It is a must do at lest once. For the best food I love The Brown Derby.

We eat there for lunch every time we go. My niece and nephew thing it is the coolest place to eat. Their milkshakes are to die for too. It's really fun and the food is good. It's not amazing food but it's good.

I agree with the others, the food is not awesome, but it is good. The atmosphere is wonderful though!!

We have eaten here on our last 2 trips for lunch and it is a must do now every trip. We have not tried dessert or the milkshakes yet (always too full) but I really want to.

My DH actually said it was the best burger he had at disney and I think their french fries are really good.

I've read plenty of bad reviews, but we went anyway and really liked it. The atmosphere is terrific, and we found the food--burgers, fries, onion rings and milkshakes--to be very good. I asked both of my boys if they could choose only one restaurant to go to next time which would it be? They both chose Sci Fi! DH says it's in his top three.

We love it. It's a must on each trip. Foodwise, we only get burgers there so I can't speak to the food selection, but we have a lot of fun.

I think this place has the best overall themeing of all WDW restaurants, really. It's very very cool.

The food is okay, not going to make you hurl but not real memorable either. Its a nice cool place to have a burger and coke mid-day at MGM. I think you should try it!

SInce its overpriced, like most other places there, try splitting meals to save $, and then just grab snacks later if you get hungry. I find that I want to try so many snacks anyways, that it's better to split and leave room =)

I ordered the kids meal because I wanted a corndog with no problem and I even got the free frisbee that the kids get. The corndog was very good.

This has become a regular lunch during our trips now. The kids (5 & 9) love the old movies and the food is ok. Onion rings and shakes are great - the burgers are also very good.

At least try it one time for something different!

Jill

I'll be the lone person who really doesn't care for Sci-Fi. My dd and I ate there in Dec. The theming is good. That was fun. But, we felt really scrunched in the car. There was another family seated directly in front of us, when other cars were open. I don't mind but the womans' hair kept drifting into my dinner!! It was quite dark and I had a hard time reading the menu. My meal was not good. Had a cheeseburger, fries, onion rings and the milkshake. None of it made me want to go back. Dd even said her hot dog was 'burnt to a crisp'. But, she doesn't like to see any lines of black on her 'dogs' and since it was so dark, I couldn't really tell. So, I guess I would give Sci-Fi a B for theming and a D+ for food. I much prefer 50's P/T.

I did not enjoy the sci-fi theater.

I may have even gotten food poisoning from a spinach / feta ball that I ate there.

The repetition of the movie clips get really old too.

I think that the idea of the place is nice, but would be much better if they actually played whole movies.

I think that the menu should also be more drive-inish.

Also, I am am tall and overweigth - the booths felt a little tight for me.

Although the themeing is cute, I was pretty disappointed in the quality of food on my last trip here. If you must go, then I would just do dessert. 50's Primetime is much much better.

Liked the theming...hated the food. I missed dinner at the Flying Fish because I was so quesy from the hamburger I had there in the afternoon. I have never gone back. Maybe it has improved over the past few years but if I were to try it again it would be ice cream only:(

The theming is good. That was fun. But, we felt really scrunched in the car. There was another family seated directly in front of us, when other cars were open. I don't mind but the womans' hair kept drifting into my dinner!! It was quite dark and I had a hard time reading the menu. My meal was not good.

My and DH's sentiments exactly. And our food was not good at all either.

Also, the wait staff was in the back laughing so loud as to be obnoxious, throwing things at each other, pushing each other, etc. They were so involved in what they were doing, that the service would be rated F-

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter