Sci Fi - Adding 1

Jerseyprincess317

Mouseketeer
Sorry if this has been asked a million times. We changed our park days and I lost Sci-Fi. I was able to get a new reservation for the next day but it's only for 2 instead of 3. Is this going to cause a huge problem because I know the seating options are limited.

Thanks!

Try booking for 4 instead of 3' odd numbers are to hard for Disney to figure things out - you know multi billion dollar company and all. If you just show up with an extra you very well could have issues, keep try and consider one of the reservation finders too.

At Sci Fi? You probably won’t be able to add a person at check in. These are screen shots from May & September. Both times we were a party of 2 & were given the “add 0 guests” message. Sci Fi seats 2 per row. So a party of 2 is only assigned 1 row. In order to add a person, they’d need to give your party 2 rows. If all ADRs are full, there is no extra row to allot to your party.

7675E7BE-93BB-446E-835A-E63D905A5689.png41F4A569-EEDF-4922-840B-22CB52D9FC8D.png

It certainly doesn’t hurt to ask at the check in desk. But what will you do if they say no to the extra person?

At Sci Fi? You probably won’t be able to add a person at check in. These are screen shots from May & September. Both times we were a party of 2 & were given the “add 0 guests” message. Sci Fi seats 2 per row. So a party of 2 is only assigned 1 row. In order to add a person, they’d need to give your party 2 rows. If all ADRs are full, there is no extra row to allot to your party.

View attachment 722135View attachment 722136

It certainly doesn’t hurt to ask at the check in desk. But what will you do if they say no to the extra person?
Thanks. I was able to get a 2nd reservation for 1 15 mins later but I will keep trying for a table of 3 or 4.

Thanks. I was able to get a 2nd reservation for 1 15 mins later but I will keep trying for a table of 3 or 4.

That’s great! So check in at the desk, not the app. Ask to be seated together, or next to each other if in separate cars You might need to wait a little longer, but they might be able to make it work for you. Good luck & enjoy!

You will, most likely, be fine with what you have. I joined some friends in mid-November for a trip after they had made their Sci-Fi reservations. I was never able to find a reservation for 3, but I found a reservation for 2 at the exact same time as theirs. When I checked in at the host stand, I simply asked if they could seat us together. The host called back to the seating managers and they were very quickly able to accommodate us. Worse comes to worse, you will all be able to eat around the same time even if you aren't sitting near each other, but they will probably be able to accommodate you.

There are tables in back of Sci-Fi, they look like round picnic tables. You could request one of those if you all want to sit together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter