Scared this would happen

Sorry, but you have to be confused. I don't for a second believe that you were down-graded because you booked through Orbitz. Is that what they told you?

The OP did not post the review, she read it on Tripadvisor. Sorry but you are confused.;)

I think people who report Boardwalk views as noisy are remember something from many years ago. We are owners at BWV and have stayed dozens of times there. In the first few years they held a street party outside Atlantic Dance with a DJ and loud music that went til 2AM. It was loud, loud, loud and we could not sleep until 2am. We complained every day but they could not move us. Awful. We've never requested a boardwalk view since even though we know it is not that noisy any longer. What activity there is on the boardwalk is not nearly that loud now and it all wraps up by 11pm.
Yep, I forgot about those!! With those gone, it's nice and quiet now!!
I thought Boardwalk has 3 views available:

1) Standard View
2) Garden or Pool View
3) Boardwalk View

I don't think there actually is something called a water view.
Boardwalk View which is on the lake facing towards YC/BC, costs more money to book. It's the more expensive of the 3 room types.

So if someone *wants* a free upgrade from standard or garden/pool view to Boardwalk view - that's probably not going to happen. And it wouldn't be Disney's fault, unless the person actually paid for the Boardwalk view and was denied that view, in cases where a booking error or overbooking might occur, I expect Disney would possibly compensate the guest for downgrading the reservation.

Once we had an obstructed pool view at AKL, paying OOP direct with Disney, they "upgraded" us to a Zebra Trail - Sunset Savannah view. We've always had very good customer service at the hotels thankfully.
Those are BWV views and booking catagories. BWI has different catagories.

I booked our June stay thru Orbitz...standard room at POFQ with a 20% discount...just called Disney to compare the price with the new summer sale and my deal was FAR better. I don't expect to be treated any differently and they can't give me anything less than a standard room!!

I also say that you should relax and enjoy your savings. As a guest of WDW you are a guest and I can not imagine that you would be treated any differently

I think this was 2 separate reservations: 1 For 1 night and 1 for 3 nights.

My guess is that the 1 night reservation was when they were placed in the water view and were hoping that since they were already in that room that WDW would not move them. It is more likely to be upgraded, requesedt or not, on a 1 night stay than additional days.

I could totally see someone booking a club level super suite for one night, and then the rest of the week at standard, and complaining when they didn't upgrade them to the suite for the rest of the stay because they were already there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter