scale question

bambii

<font color=#000080>aka Jadedee<br><font color=dee
when should you weigh yourself? how many times a week? do you slump so you can read it or stand up straight and have someone else read it? clothes on or off?

just wondering what is the correct way

I think you just need to do what is consistent for you. I weigh first thing in the more, no clothes, reading the scale myself.

First thing in the morning, clothes off, you can read it yourself. Slumping doesn't really matter as long as your feet are centered on the scale. I have an expensive digital one that supposedly measures body fat and has setting for multiple people, yada yada. But my best thing is not to weigh at all to just keep track of how my clothes fit, how active I am and can stay for a duration of time, and check my old ( ok 36) self out naked every couple weeks in a full length mirror to see if there are area's which seem to be calling for a little extra exercise. I can be 125 and wear a size 10 if my bodyfat is up there and I haven't been exercising or I can be 125 and a size 6 if I really have. Muscle weighs more than fat, and burns more calories. So I try to go on more health related things than weight. Who besides my doctor and I EVER need to really know what I weigh. hehehe

I weigh in once per month or one per two months (whenever I go home or to visit family). I find this works a lot better than weighing in every day (or more) and obsessing over the little fluctuations.

What kind of scale is good? I have had horrible luck with scales and need to purchase one that actually works acurately, any suggestions?

BTW, if you go to WW, or log in to some of the weight logs, they only log you in once a week. I think I heard somewhere along the way to weighing yourself more often than that can give inaccurate results.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter