Saying Hello in EPCOT! =0)

Indeed, amazing idea! I wonder how I haven't seen the e-mails and e-cards that you can send from there! I am sure my children would have liked to send some love to their grandparents :)

This is a great idea! Knowing my daughter, though, who taught herself conversational Japanese a while back, we'll be at the Japan pavilion for hours while she chats away.

I love this idea. The last time we visited I had my 5yo nephew tell the CM in Germany tchuss (an informal German goodbye) before we left and she loved it. It's a great and informative activity for the kids that, hopefully, gives something back to the great CMs at WS.

love this idea. thanks for sharing! just another thing to get us excited for our first trip. :wave2:

I made this song up to teach my grandson how to say hello, how are you, I am fine, thank you and goodbye in all the languages of Epcot. He is six. In 3 months of seeing him once or twice a week, he learned the whole song. When we went to Epcot he had fun saying hello and goodbye to people in their own language.
I've posted the song here before, but originally I excluded Arabic, because I thought it would be too hard. Well, my grandson asked me to write a song for Arabic too! Isn't that great? I am so proud of him.
So here is the updated song. Sing it to the beat of the bones song. You know, the foot bones connected to the ankle bone, the ankle bones connected to the... I really hope you all give it a try!

FRENCH
Hello in French is Bonjour
Goodbye in French is Au revoir
How are you is Como allez vous
Singing in French how smart are you?
Thank you in French is Merci
Can you sing this song for me?
I am fine is Tre Bien
Now let’s sing this song again!

JAPANESE
Konnichi wa is how you say
Hello in Japanese today
Sayoonara means goodbye
Why don’t you give it a try?
How are you sing tra la la
And say O genki desu ka
Genki desu is I am fine
And domo is thank you one more time

NORWEGIAN
Hi in Norwegian is Hei
That is too easy to try
Hvordan står det til? (voor-dahn stor de’ teel)
Really means how do you feel!
Ha det bra (haa de’ braa) means goodbye
And Takk means thank you – no lie
Jeg har det bra means I am fine
Sing this song just one more time

ITALIAN
Hey hey hey now did you know
Hello in Italian is Buon pomeriggio
Goodbye in Italian is Addio
What else Italian do we know?
Thank you in Italian is Grazie.
Please keep singing just for me
How are you in Italian is como sta?
One more line then ta da
I am fine is Sto bene
Thanks for singing just for me

CHINESE
Hello in Chinese is Nee How
Good that you can say that now
How are you is nin hao
So I guess you know that now
I am fine is xie xie nin
You can say that once again
Thank you is said xie xie (she she)
That is what to say to me
Say goodbye then zei jian
There you go then
now you’re done

GERMAN
Guten Tag means hello
You speak German know you know
How are you is vee gates
Speak some more now I can’t wait
Say I am fine Mir geht es gut
Speak some more now if you would
Say thank you as danke shane
Then you say Aufwiedersehen

SPANISH
Hello in Spanish is Hola
How are you is como esta
I am fine is estoy bien
You can say that to a friend
Gracias is thank you
What more than that can you do?
Adios is goodbye
Let’s give it just one more try

ARABIC
Hello in Arabic is Salam (like salami)
If East asia is where you’re from
Say How are you K-fa Ha-luke
Now you sound just like a kook!
I am fine is Anna beak hi ear
I think I made that pretty clear
Then say thank you shoek ron
Now say goodbye and then we’re done
Ma a salama I am the bomba!

Love this for some fun "Cultural Geography" w/ my DD!!

I have been getting all the pronunciations for Merry Christmas so my kids can say that in different languages when we are at Epcot this December.

What a great idea. Thanks for the info. We will be there for the Food and Wine Festival 2014, so we are sure to be in Epcot on our trip!

I don't want this to come off the wrong way or anything, but salam aliekum or however you spell it in English actually means peace be unto you. The person would usually respond aliekum salam, which is basically wishing peace back to you.

If you actually wanted to say hi, you would say marhaba.

How are you is kif halick.

To say I'm fine you could say mop suit.

Then you would ask it back and say kif halick ente or enta depending on if it's a boy or girl.

To say goodbye, you would usually use ma salam.

I can't really write in Arabic, other than my name or something dumb like that. And I also am not webster's dictionary and I can't write it out all cool with the sounds and things. So I apologize if I didn't spell things correctly. Speaking arabic is much easier than writing it.

Again, didn't mean to step on any toes or anything, just wanted to spread some knowledge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts