Saying Hello in EPCOT! =0)

Wow! What a great idea -- I was wondering how I could get my 8 yr old son excited about WS..... he's an active thrill-chaser & was not at all interested in anything I read to him about WS. But he LOVES trying out new languages and phrases! Thanks!!!

While we were in Epcot and they had the masks that the children took to each country and had stamped while they were stamping them..we asked them to write our childrens names in their native language in the back. Seeing their names written in different lanuguages was a great experince and something we can hold onto forever.:cutie:

While we were in Epcot and they had the masks that the children took to each country and had stamped while they were stamping them..we asked them to write our childrens names in their native language in the back. Seeing their names written in different lanuguages was a great experince and something we can hold onto forever.:cutie:

Thanks for a great idea. This'll be cool for the kids to do.

Hmmmm; the last time I went to Epcot, we made it a point to learn to say "beer" in the language of every country as we ordered them. Luckily, the last two countries going clockwise are English-speaking, because we were in no shape for a quiz by then.

LOL!!!!:rotfl2: :thumbsup2

You can also send email postcards from the Mexico pavillion and from Misson Space!:thumbsup2

Looks like you forgot our Neighbors to the North:

Canada...Hello, eh! (he-LOH AY)

(When you grow up with Canadian TV, you get a little silly :jester: )

In Canada, we also speak french, so don't forget to say bonjour and hello! And it's different kind of french than the one in France!

Thanks, this is such a cool idea.

The only language besides english i know is spanish, so these are pretty cool to learn.

I do the same thing! my girls try to greet people in their native lenguage
for japan isnt actually?
Konichiwa (pronounced: koh NEECH ee wah)

my teen DD speaks fluent japanese and that's how she greets them :)

Ana

It just depends on the time of day.
ohayogozaimasu - (oh-HA-yoooo go-zah-ee-mah-ss) good morning
konnichiwa - (kon-NEE-chi-wah) good day
konbanwa - (kon-BAHN-wah) good evening
oyasuminasai - (oh-YAH-sue-me-nah-sigh) good night

you could also add
sayonara - (sah-YOOOO-nah-rah) good bye
roll your "r" slightly for the proper l-r blend

I would go with konnichiwa during the day.

We love your idea of saying hello. We tried pictures in each country holding up native items like maracas and pinatas in Mexico. Cheap and cute in pictures.

Jennfier

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!