Say something random about Disneyland...

Disneyland1084

OH PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME!
It can be something in the park, a memory from a trip , a pleasant or unpleasant experience there..I have one. When I went in June of 2015, we stayed at Howard Johnson. We were warned that one night the water was going to be turned off on Harbor Blvd at midnight. After a long day at DL, I made it back to my room at 12:03 am. Ick, I wasn't able to shower. Oh, it was sick, going to sleep. I remember during a family trip several years before, I shared a room with my step brother who didn't shower one night after going to DL. He CHOSE not to. I think it's disgusting not to shower after a long day at DL.

I saw Dolly Parton at Disneyland years and years ago. I was a little girl and she was walking through the park surrounded by security and she had on those big high heels she wears! It was by the Rivers of America and I was with my dad. He took off after her and left me standing there alone! I think I was about 10 yrs old! (I’m 48 now so this was a looong time ago!). My dad did eventually come back and find me!

Many many years ago, I was riding the Skyway to Fantasyland sky buckets and saw CASEY (from the Casey Jr ride) spelled out in flowers below. I decided right then and there that that was what I'd name my child someday, even though I wasn't even pregnant. And that is how my son got his name.

casey jr non stock.jpg

Last edited:
Greatest memory for me was after suffering through a Dining Etiquette course as a kid I got to experience Club 33 - something I'll probably never get to do again. Got to go with my parents as part of my fathers affiliation with GE and some contest he won. Sadly that same trip also made it clear that my parents marriage was not going to be around for long but at the time I was in Disneyland so nothing else mattered.

I wish Peoplemover would somehow come back. And before everyone says the track is destroyed, I know. But I can't help but imagine Tomorrowland the way it used to be. Dynamic. Moving. Magical. Now it just feels old and outdated--not at all like a vision of tomorrow. And the PM was an awesome ride. While all the adults were at Space Mountain or Star Tours when I was a kid, my grandmother and I would ride around Tomorrowland over and over again. So, I hope Disney re-does Tomorrowland and reincorporates a version of my favorite childhood attraction.

During our first trip to Disneyland with our grandson in 2014, my husband was a little surprised about my level of determination to see and do everything possible during our five day trip and following the itinerary I had put together. Even though he was an amazingly good sport about it, he couldn't help but tease me and taught Cam, who was four at the time, this little song:

I don't know what you've been told
Mimi's boot camp's not for fools
Sound off, one, two
Sound off, three, four
Sound off one, two, three, four
Three, four!

They still sing it to me once in a while:love:

Great experience watching the temporary light parade at DL Can't remember the name of it, but it was the best night parade we saw. This was a few years ago as part of an ABD trip and we watched it from a private area around the hub.

But even more amazing experience was being in DL for the 60th anniversary and having seats right in the hub.

My son's diaper leaked while I was carrying him on my shoulders in Toontown. "Hey, why is my back wet? And warm? ..." 🤣
OMG, that reminded me of an incident at Rancho del Zocalo with my 3-year-old twins. One of them suddenly had to go, and before I could get her out of her chair, she had a pee gusher. So embarrassing as we were sitting at a table at the time. I ran with her to the restroom and removed her clothes, put her dad's sweatshirt on her and we notified the staff and left. She didn't want to go back to the hotel and change, though! She thought she was fine in daddy's sweatshirt. Kids.

OMG, that reminded me of an incident at Rancho del Zocalo with my 3-year-old twins. One of them suddenly had to go, and before I could get her out of her chair, she had a pee gusher. So embarrassing as we were sitting at a table at the time. I ran with her to the restroom and removed her clothes, put her dad's sweatshirt on her and we notified the staff and left. She didn't want to go back to the hotel and change, though! She thought she was fine in daddy's sweatshirt. Kids.
Yeah, I just walked over to the family bathroom, washed out my shirt and put it back on. It was hot and the wet shirt felt good. :)

Saw a couple of people swimming for Tom Sawyers Island right about closing time on a summer night. Notified a security guy who got on his radio and then saw security and suits running for the TSI rafts. Couldn't hang around to see the outcome 'cuz it was closing time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter