Savi's--should I build?

Update: I was in Disney last week and had the opportunity to build a saber. I really enjoyed the opportunity and love having it as an awesome souvenir. However, there are a few pros and cons I thought I'd mention, without giving too much away for those that (like me) didn't want to know too much in advance.

Cons:
1. You do not get to keep the extra pieces from your set. I knew this in advance, but I still think you should get to keep the extras.
2. They will try and rush you through your build. I wanted to try some different pieces and that takes time. I was definitely the slowest builder--but I figured I paid, I'm gonna take my time.

Pros:
1. The saber feels solid when you're done--while the experience is pricey, you don't feel like it's a flimsy piece of plastic that you're walking away with.
2. The "leader" of my build session was great in telling the story and making the experience feel authentic.
3. If there are any problems with your saber during the build they are quick to help out and fix things
4. Pictures! Its great to have someone go with you and document the experience--no way you can do that very well if you're solo.

I'd definitely recommend the experience to anyone able to get a reservation!

Update: I was in Disney last week and had the opportunity to build a saber. I really enjoyed the opportunity and love having it as an awesome souvenir. However, there are a few pros and cons I thought I'd mention, without giving too much away for those that (like me) didn't want to know too much in advance.

Cons:
1. You do not get to keep the extra pieces from your set. I knew this in advance, but I still think you should get to keep the extras.
2. They will try and rush you through your build. I wanted to try some different pieces and that takes time. I was definitely the slowest builder--but I figured I paid, I'm gonna take my time.

Pros:
1. The saber feels solid when you're done--while the experience is pricey, you don't feel like it's a flimsy piece of plastic that you're walking away with.
2. The "leader" of my build session was great in telling the story and making the experience feel authentic.
3. If there are any problems with your saber during the build they are quick to help out and fix things
4. Pictures! Its great to have someone go with you and document the experience--no way you can do that very well if you're solo.

I'd definitely recommend the experience to anyone able to get a reservation!

I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I did think they were offering extra pieces for your hilt for purchase after the build? I don't know if that's still being offered but I thought it was pretty pricey, maybe $20 per extra piece?
What have you decided to do with your saber? Mine just sits in it's case with the battery pack removed.

I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I did think they were offering extra pieces for your hilt for purchase after the build? I don't know if that's still being offered but I thought it was pretty pricey, maybe $20 per extra piece?
What have you decided to do with your saber? Mine just sits in it's case with the battery pack removed.

They do still offer the ability to buy extra pieces-- and I did buy 2 of them. And it is definitely pricey., but far cheaper than building a 2nd Saber!

My entire basement is Star Wars so I have it displayed on a shelf along with some other Star Wars souvenirs from my trip.

I've purchased 5 legacy sabers so far and plan on getting a couple more in 2 weeks. This thread finally gave me the impetus to go to Savi's. I'm 52 so was unsure. Just checked and found a reservation for myself. Can't wait.

I'm 57.....soon to be 58, and we did the build at Savi's.......I'll preface this by saying that neither of us are HUGE SW nerds, but we DEFINITELY came out of that with smiles on our faces. Totally enjoyed the experience. And yes, we are planning to do it again....choosing different "paths" this time. Our plan it to have one of each of the 4 paths on display here at home.

I also went on ETSY and found a kyber crystal holder that looks like it came straight from the movie. Totally adds to the "feel" of the room.

If you have someone with you, and they choose not to build, have them come in with you anyway, and take pictures of you as you build. Just a suggestion.

Anyway, enjoy!!

I'm 57.....soon to be 58, and we did the build at Savi's.......I'll preface this by saying that neither of us are HUGE SW nerds, but we DEFINITELY came out of that with smiles on our faces. Totally enjoyed the experience. And yes, we are planning to do it again....choosing different "paths" this time. Our plan it to have one of each of the 4 paths on display here at home.

I also went on ETSY and found a kyber crystal holder that looks like it came straight from the movie. Totally adds to the "feel" of the room.

If you have someone with you, and they choose not to build, have them come in with you anyway, and take pictures of you as you build. Just a suggestion.

Anyway, enjoy!!
Sounds great!

I've purchased 5 legacy sabers so far and plan on getting a couple more in 2 weeks. This thread finally gave me the impetus to go to Savi's. I'm 52 so was unsure. Just checked and found a reservation for myself. Can't wait.
You will love it! Believe me, no one is judgmental or cares what age anyone is. Everyone is there to enjoy the experience and build their own saber with other like minded people. When we did it in May there was only 1 child of about 14, everyone else looked like they were at least 35-75. We enjoyed it immensely. I hope you have a marvelous time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter