"Saving Mr. Banks" ranked as one of the best films of 2013

crazy4wdw

Moderator - Restaurant Board
The American Film Institute (AFI) has released its list of the best films of 2013:

The AFI Movies of the Year:

"12 Years A Slave"

"American Hustle"

"Captain Phillips"

"Fruitvale Station"

"Gravity"

"Her"

"Inside Llewyn Davis"

"Nebraska"

"Saving Mr. Banks"

"The Wolf of Wall Street"

Went to watch it yesterday with no real expectations. Came out thinking it was a great movie.

Saw it yesterday. I enjoyed every minute!!

I saw it yesterday afternoon also and throughly enjoyed it, especially the photos after the movie.

Make sure you stay for the credits.

Also, did anyone notice the map of Florida in Walt Disney's office in one of the final scenes of the movie?

I noticed the map of Florida, and I also noticed when Walt told P.L. Travers "Welcome to the Magic Kingdom!", ummm... that was NOT the Magic Kingdom ;)

HookdonWDW said:
I noticed the map of Florida, and I also noticed when Walt told P.L. Travers "Welcome to the Magic Kingdom!", ummm... that was NOT the Magic Kingdom ;)

Disneyland was the first park referred to as The Magic Kingdom. The phrase was coined shortly after DL opened. Where do you think the name for the Florida park came from?

I understood why he said it... I just found it amusing. :)

Disneyland has always been known as "the happiest place on earth" and "Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom". It is the original "magic kingdom". That's also the official name of Disney's first Florida park.

I Noticed the Florida map; I also noticed that 'Walt' put out a cigarette saying he needed to set a good example. That scene put a lump in my throat, knowing how he later passed away,... other scenes too --what a wonderful, wonderful movie. We're seeing it again and planning to watch Mary Poppins afterwards with Mary Poppins party in between. Do go see it.

We watched the movie afterwards also, and I'm starting in on the books this weekend. I read all the time, and for some reason, I've never read this series.

So I was wondering if anyone knew this...when they had the movie premiere it looked like they used the Great Movie Ride as the scene setting. It just seemed like they were trying to cover a lot of things up. In the one scene you are looking out into the crowd with your back to the theater...they have these tall red curtains hanging. They could have put them up to hide the rest of DHS and the BAH (Big A$$ Hat!)

This is a great movie! DD & I really enjoyed this. The storyline, and acting are excellent.

When the ending credits were rolling, and real life photos of the characters were being shown, people were starting to leave the theatre. However, when the audio tape played people stopped in their tracks to listen, some even sitting back down.

Ditto! I saw it again today, and the theater workers were waiting for everyone to leave so they could clean, and NOBODY got up! They were listening to the tape recording, and the theater was full and everyone clapped when it ended. Don't miss this one.

I, too, loved this film. I took DD (age 11) to see it with me as she is a huge Disney fan. She wasn't as thrilled with the movie. Parts of it she loved other parts she said were boring. But I really enjoyed it.

So I was wondering if anyone knew this...when they had the movie premiere it looked like they used the Great Movie Ride as the scene setting. It just seemed like they were trying to cover a lot of things up. In the one scene you are looking out into the crowd with your back to the theater...they have these tall red curtains hanging. They could have put them up to hide the rest of DHS and the BAH (Big A$$ Hat!)

OK not sure if this post is real or not but the Great movie ride at DHS not the original- Grauman theater in Hollywood is where the premiere was and DHS is a replica of that.

Sorry if I misunderstood post.

Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter