Saratoga springs

In December, five SSR deeds were ROFRd that ranged from $55 per to $65 per point and the points per contract ranged from 150 to 200 points.

Thanks to wdrl for the above information which he picked up off the Orange County website.

In December, five SSR deeds were ROFRd that ranged from $55 per to $65 per point and the points per contract ranged from 150 to 200 points.

Thanks to wdrl for the above information which he picked up off the Orange County website.

As mentioned above it is always a risk and some get snagged back by disney. However others also get through. Mine got throuh for SSR $63/point for 200 points on December 16, however I seem to remeber seeing one getting taken for the same number of points at the end of november for $65/point

If you offer low you run a higher risk of it being interesting to disney... if you offer high they probably wont touch it but you would have spent more. Its all what you are comfy with and what the seller agrees to.

Steve

I think this is one of the issues. It is my opinion that the brokers themselves have as much to do in propping up prices as anything else. Legally they're required to present the offer as I understand it but of course how they do so will affect the outcome.

I totally agree with you Dean. Never hurts to present. I often wonder if some of the resellers don't want to push through lower prices. FYI - I had a larger contract that got through below $60 but you never know. I was surprised it got through.

I wonder where everyone is finding the good deals. If someone knows can they PM me? I just put in an offer with The Timeshare Store and was told that they haven't been able to get $65/point past ROFR on SSR...

You don't have enough posts to receive a PM.

:earsboy: Bill

I've never owned a timeshare, but I'm considering a resale at SSR. Considering the upfront cost and the annual dues - does everyone think it's worth it? I'm thinking about buying 160 pts at around $65 per point.

I've never owned a timeshare, but I'm considering a resale at SSR. Considering the upfront cost and the annual dues - does everyone think it's worth it? I'm thinking about buying 160 pts at around $65 per point.

What is your history of visiting WDW? What do you see as your future visiting habits?

i visit WDW usually 2 times a year, sometimes for a week and sometimes for a few days. I do have to mention that I have family living in Orlando and in the past we stay with them or in the hotel they work at (not a disney resort) - so practically no cost. Last year we experienced the Disney resorts for the first time (polynesian, carribean and pop century) so i do like the convenience of not having to rent a car. So I guess sometimes I would take advantage of staying with family and sometimes using the dvc.
I also would be interested in using the points at the other dvc resorts particularly aulani and bay lake - how difficult is it to reserve a unit if your home resort is not where you're booking? Usually we vacation in the summer when school is out and on occassion a few days during the school year.

If you want to be assured to book a certain resort, own points there. Aulani is historically quite difficult to book when school is out, particularly in the lower cost-per-night villas.

Speaking only for myself, there's no way I would ever buy DVC if I was content staying for little or no cost offsite. I bought DVC because I wanted to stay on site, for less money than the same stay in a deluxe or moderate would run over the long term.

So purchase if the "on site" stay is what you really want, and you can afford to pay cash up front for a resale. That said, don't try to justify DVC by planning to avoid renting a car on your trips. That's kinda like a family justifying buying a new car to avoid having to put a fresh set of tires on their old one.

i visit WDW usually 2 times a year, sometimes for a week and sometimes for a few days. I do have to mention that I have family living in Orlando and in the past we stay with them or in the hotel they work at (not a disney resort) - so practically no cost. Last year we experienced the Disney resorts for the first time (polynesian, carribean and pop century) so i do like the convenience of not having to rent a car. So I guess sometimes I would take advantage of staying with family and sometimes using the dvc.
I also would be interested in using the points at the other dvc resorts particularly aulani and bay lake - how difficult is it to reserve a unit if your home resort is not where you're booking? Usually we vacation in the summer when school is out and on occassion a few days during the school year.
DVC will not save you money and likely will not add sufficient value to your trips to justify owning. I'd suggest you rent a couple of times to get a better feel and see. I suspect renting here and there will be your best long term option.

I totally agree with you Dean. Never hurts to present. I often wonder if some of the resellers don't want to push through lower prices. FYI - I had a larger contract that got through below $60 but you never know. I was surprised it got through.
First, let me be clear that I'm not complaining or saying there's anything wrong as long as they are following the laws in this area. It is in their best interest to sell as many contracts as possible for as high a cost as possible with the least aggravation. The more lowball offers they present, the more they will spin their wheels. The more resorts that get ROFR, the more total commission they will make even if a little less per contract because they will get multiple sales per buyer. The higher the price, the higher the commission per sale. I realize some of these issues are competing, the correct balance has to be a little difficult for such companies.

don't let the broker dictate your offer--they are paid on commision, the more you pay the more they make. We definitely got pushback from our broker but we paid $62 a point for SSR

anyone know if Disney RoFR's more at a particular time of the month???beginning to load up quota early or end. I saw Disney bought a lot in April of last year on another site but the RoFR's were really low for the summer months

anyone know if Disney RoFR's more at a particular time of the month???beginning to load up quota early or end. I saw Disney bought a lot in April of last year on another site but the RoFR's were really low for the summer months

If Disney has new available, that's all they want to sell, more money in it. They will start buying older resorts if there are buyers waiting for them and/or if they don't have not enough new resorts available. DVD is a machine that has to be fed. There is a large sales force that has to be kept busy, we might see an increase in ROFR since the Poly is a couple of years away. My guess is that DVD will convert rooms there to expedite sales availability and to sell pre-completion contracts.

If Disney has new available, that's all they want to sell, more money in it. They will start buying older resorts if there are buyers waiting for them and/or if they don't have not enough new resorts available. DVD is a machine that has to be fed. There is a large sales force that has to be kept busy, we might see an increase in ROFR since the Poly is a couple of years away. My guess is that DVD will convert rooms there to expedite sales availability and to sell pre-completion contracts.

so there is low ROFR going on now because they are too busy selling vgf?? plus it seems no one is selling there VGF anyway...either hanging on or there is no resale market established yet... just the Disney market

If I buy soon , I may pay higher for say SSR. but if the GFV sells out than the sales force will start going ROFR crazy??? I am buying long term, so I will be patient and expect SSR can't really go up any higher unless they decide to do a huge makeover and make it more attractive than it already is.
I have read that SSR may go down over the next year from some here...I understand this is speculation...my worry is with the ROFR activity increase like it did last April.
Another question would be, does ROFR spike every April? or was that just a random time where the Machine was slow??

I understand more clearly now that if people are asking DVC directly for older timeshares than they will snatch up a ROFR and resell it as there own new contract

My only logical thought to more ROFR's in April is there are more DVC sales of older buildings because its cheaper for someone not doing a lot of research at the DVC store than say buying into VGF...And there are probably a lot of vacation week spur of the moments sales that they get during this time of the year???

so there is low ROFR going on now because they are too busy selling vgf?? plus it seems no one is selling there VGF anyway...either hanging on or there is no resale market established yet... just the Disney market

If I buy soon , I may pay higher for say SSR. but if the GFV sells out than the sales force will start going ROFR crazy??? I am buying long term, so I will be patient and expect SSR can't really go up any higher unless they decide to do a huge makeover and make it more attractive than it already is.
I have read that SSR may go down over the next year from some here...I understand this is speculation...my worry is with the ROFR activity increase like it did last April.
Another question would be, does ROFR spike every April? or was that just a random time where the Machine was slow??

Again it's about the money. If Disney has SSR buyers waiting, they will ROFR SSR or any other resort should they decide that they need the inventory to keep sales going. They also get inventory from foreclosures and defaults.

So in DVD's world, it's sell new resorts first, then foreclosures and defaults and if you have to, ROFR.

In case you didn't know, DVD is under new management and who knows what the new guy has orders to do or how he will do it.

I think April was just a fluke unless DVD has some internal reason that we don't know about.

For Disney it's not about the magic or the idea of buying or selling a piece of the mouse or Walt, it's about going to work every day, making a profit, hitting bench marks to get their bonus and putting food on their tables. Buyers who understand this are far better equipped to make the business decision to buy a pre-paid hotel room through DVD or resale.

Again it's about the money. If Disney has SSR buyers waiting, they will ROFR SSR or any other resort should they decide that they need the inventory to keep sales going. They also get inventory from foreclosures and defaults.

So in DVD's world, it's sell new resorts first, then foreclosures and defaults and if you have to, ROFR.

In case you didn't know, DVD is under new management and who knows what the new guy has orders to do or how he will do it.

I think April was just a fluke unless DVD has some internal reason that we don't know about.

For Disney it's not about the magic or the idea of buying or selling a piece of the mouse or Walt, it's about going to work every day, making a profit, hitting bench marks to get their bonus and putting food on their tables. Buyers who understand this are far better equipped to make the business decision to buy a pre-paid hotel room through DVD or resale.

thanks for the info Bill, I have been researching for a few months, just closed on a HELOC and have it available to make a purchase. I am fine with getting say 300 points at $73 per point but if I can get it at $65, than why not...$55 even better.....If its say $60 a point than I will seriously consider 350-400 points per year... What I have found is the more research....The better...
I know I want SSR's 40 years of contract at a lower buy in price and lower maintenance dues... I would possibly go into something with similar dues and length if the prices shot down for some reason. Not going to impulse buy this spring I think but I may go for a double loaded contract for 200 points if the price is right and it doesn't get ROFR'd

All this Snow and Cold in Southern New England may force me into the latter decision....Hence the next big storm coming here in a few days.

any thought on this offer at this time if the buyer accepted $63 per point at SSR for 400 points?? with no current points and UY of September. so 400 points coming on 9/14. so they are available now if I want.. I see 81 of 82 made it through ROFR for January at average of 71.75 but the one ROFR was $74 per point

thanks for the info Bill, I have been researching for a few months, just closed on a HELOC and have it available to make a purchase. I am fine with getting say 300 points at $73 per point but if I can get it at $65, than why not...$55 even better.....If its say $60 a point than I will seriously consider 350-400 points per year... What I have found is the more research....The better...
I know I want SSR's 40 years of contract at a lower buy in price and lower maintenance dues... I would possibly go into something with similar dues and length if the prices shot down for some reason. Not going to impulse buy this spring I think but I may go for a double loaded contract for 200 points if the price is right and it doesn't get ROFR'd

All this Snow and Cold in Southern New England may force me into the latter decision....Hence the next big storm coming here in a few days.

My advice to you is to buy where you love to stay unless you 2000% don't care where you sleep. We have purchased several home resorts that have turned out not to be our favorites. After a few years when the honeymoon phase is over, you will probably be spending more time outside of the parks and more time at your resort(s).

Choose the correct UY for free added insurance and buy smaller contracts for added flexibility later should you want to sell part of your holdings.

Buying isn't a final transaction but selling has a price. If we did it over again, I would buy SSR knowing that I probably would sell it after staying at all of the resorts to see how they fit. Split stays for a couple of years can be fun and you can really get a sense of the resort(s) rooms, amenities, and area.

Reading until your eyes turn red is one way to learn but experiencing the resort first hand is the best teacher.

just closed on a HELOC and have it available to make a purchase. I am fine with getting say 300 points at $73 per point but if I can get it at $65, than why not...$55 even better.....If its say $60 a point than I will seriously consider 350-400 points per year... What I have found is the more research....

Not trying to judge but perhaps you should look at a smaller contract and pay cash rather than leveraging your home. :confused3

If you're comfortable with say $65, then make offers at $65 regardless of listing price. You'll get lots of rejections, but you might get a buyer willing to take that. There are a lot of SSR contracts out there.

And you won't see much VGF for a few years because the most likely to see are those who financed through Disney. And only after a few months into the financing, they are better off defaulting on it since they will likely owe money when they go through resale.

My advice to you is to buy where you love to stay unless you 2000% don't care where you sleep. We have purchased several home resorts that have turned out not to be our favorites. After a few years when the honeymoon phase is over, you will probably be spending more time outside of the parks and more time at your resort(s).

Choose the correct UY for free added insurance and buy smaller contracts for added flexibility later should you want to sell part of your holdings.

Buying isn't a final transaction but selling has a price. If we did it over again, I would buy SSR knowing that I probably would sell it after staying at all of the resorts to see how they fit. Split stays for a couple of years can be fun and you can really get a sense of the resort(s) rooms, amenities, and area.

Reading until your eyes turn red is one way to learn but experiencing the resort first hand is the best teacher.

I like the variety option.... don't need to be in the same resort so that's why I am choosing SSR. IF you buy 400 points must you sell them at 400 or can you split it up?? assuming I can't by your previous post

Not trying to judge but perhaps you should look at a smaller contract and pay cash rather than leveraging your home. :confused3

If you're comfortable with say $65, then make offers at $65 regardless of listing price. You'll get lots of rejections, but you might get a buyer willing to take that. There are a lot of SSR contracts out there.

And you won't see much VGF for a few years because the most likely to see are those who financed through Disney. And only after a few months into the financing, they are better off defaulting on it since they will likely owe money when they go through resale.

unfortunately don't have the cash for that but we can afford a monthly payment of say $350 for 8 years without killing our vacation habits
don't talk me out of it. lol... I am the stay at home dad till September this year than I can part time work and pay it off extremely fast cause my income will be bonus income or fulltime as super bonus money, but daycare costs etc will climb...

Not everyone may be in this position, but I would argue if you have the cash to pay for DVC, you might be better putting that cash towards your mortgage or investing it, and then borrowing it via a 5 year HEL at 2.49%. That HEL will be tax deductible and you can likely get a better return on your own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!