Saratoga Springs studio kitchenette set up question?

Laz

DIS Veteran
We rented a studio at Saratoga Springs. The kitchen in the studio had plastic utensils and paper cups. Is this the normal set up, or does an owner get real plates and utensils? Is the set up different in larger units or different resorts?

never had paper cups.....
usual for studios......only real glasses and cups.
the other, larger villas have "real" dishes.....and a real kitchen :teeth:

It is usual to get paper plates and bowls and plasticware. But it is usual for the cups to be ceramic and glasses, glass. Right now we are at AKV and they have a shortage of bowls and paper plates and request that you ask for what you want. I asked for 8 of each and they brought me six plates saying they were out of bowls. We just bought some when we went grocery shopping.

Its gone back and forth over the last couple years in the DVC studios with plastic vs real cutlery/plates/bowls. We have had one or the other and a mix of both.

I think SSR has been reported to not have the real glasses in the past. I would ask.

We stayed at BLT in nov and in addition to the normal glasses and mug we also were given a few disposable coffee cups-I really liked having both options in the room

We rented a studio at Saratoga Springs. The kitchen in the studio had plastic utensils and paper cups. Is this the normal set up, or does an owner get real plates and utensils? Is the set up different in larger units or different resorts?

They do not change the amenities based on who is staying in the room. What you got as a renter an owner would have gotten if they stay there. However, studios are supposed to have real cups and glassware but they've always had the paper plates and plastic flatware. Many reports from SSR though of switching to paper cups but you should have been able to request real ones.

Other locations seem to be putting both in the rooms. I was in a VGF studio a month ago and had both ceramic cups, glassware and paper cups. Moved to PVB for one night and had ceramic cups and glassware but no paper cups.

At SSR right now in studio. Our first stay here. No glass or ceramic cups in sight. We've stayed at many others and I can't recall not at least having glass for water. Haven't bothered to ask if we could have something other than the disposable cups - really only thought of it after reading this.

Just SSR then?
We're at BR right now and gave glasses and ceramic mugs,....and a couple of the travel hot drink cups.
No tea bags....used to get one green and one black....and no clock except on the microwave

Last time we were at SSR, we only had paper. The room had just a couple of paper cups, plates and bowls and had 6 packages of open plastic wear that had no knives in any of them. On day 1 we went in search of a maid to get a couple more pieces (especially the eating utensils) and you would have thought we were asking for her firstborn. She gave us a very limited quantity and we made it last our trip. We thought they could have done better.

Like @bianca our last stay at SSR, we only had paper. And getting more was like pulling teeth.

(And I'm not talking about tons more to take home. There were two of us. We needed a couple of spoons. That is all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter