**Sara-Jayne and Gavin PJ**08~05~08**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the ribbons for my rehearsal bouquet and they’re flat packed ready. We have the rehearsal at the Yacht Club Gazebo at 5pm and Reverend Miller will be there. I’m really excited to meet him as he has been very supportive. We have a water station there so hopefully no one will be faint!

yc55.jpg

I don’t really know what happens at a rehearsal as I have never been to one before. We have most of the songs decided on for the ceremony and I’ll post these when I get to the ceremony part of the PJ.

I'm getting butterflies in my stomach now. I don't know if it's just this journal working its magic or the fact Gav is playing Autumn Song on his guitar :woohoo:

disneycastle.jpg

After the rehearsal, I am taking Gavin as a surprise to Cinderella’s Royal Table so that we can have a blessing from the Fairy Godmother. He has no idea and I am so pleased that I have managed to keep this a secret! Thanks, Skylarr for booking this for me so that Gavin wouldn’t find out!

Dilemma

After the meal, Gavin and I will both stay at the Yacht Club but in different rooms as I am very superstitious (more of this later ::yes:: ) and I don't want to see him before the wedding.

However, I’m unsure as to whether I want anyone to stay with me. One part of me finds it exciting and I'm sure I'd have a blast, but the other part finds it terrifying in case my room-mates snore! I want a very peaceful night’s sleep.

Any opinions gratefully received.

Gavin’s brother is staying with Gavin, so that leaves the girlfriend of his brother, and I know Gavin’s sister’s friend (my work colleague) also wants to stay in with me and personally I want Andrea (my BFF from Florida) to stay there as we haven’t ever had the chance to have a “sleepover” and we’ve been friends since we were 6. I’m sure that sounds really childish but we’ve grown up together apart. We’ve dreamt of going out dancing and having fun, but in reality we’ve never been able to do it. This would be our only chance really!

Here she is on our Planning Trip at the Melting Pot, drinking her "Love-tini"... She is a bridesmaid and a reader at our wedding.

2008-02-20_194515.jpg

Anyway, whatever happens I’ll be at the Yacht Club on my last night as a single girl!

Hair...

The wedding should start at about 4am officially :scared1: as I have Beaute Speciale arriving to do hairs and make-ups.

I have so far...

:bride: Me, hair and make up
:bride: Mum, hair and make up
:bride: Mother of Bride, make up
:bride: Sister, hair and make up
:bride: Flowergirl (eldest) hair
:bride: Bridesmaids (3) hair and make up
:bride: Friend, hair

So there are two artists looking after us. I don't want to go first! I plan on eating Lucky Charms for my breakfast at 4am as I have waited so long for them. I had them in 1986 and then in February this year. I love them! They are one of the high points of my wedding!!! :high5 :high5 :high5

luckycharms.jpg
luckycharmsinside.jpg

I was told that air-brush was for TV make-up but I just read another TR which said that the air-brush was fantastic so I’m not so sure now! Anyhow, my hair is pretty short now. Generally it is long, and I decided a few months ago to cut it short and I loved it. It usually grows very fast so I didn’t worry ~ but then wouldn’t you know it, since I’m now wanting it to grow, it’s not! Not fast enough for my liking anyway. So, I bought a hairpiece and I love it. Since I saw Beauty and the Beast, she’s been my favourite Princess and this ponytail reminds me of her.

PFD1615Belle-Posters.jpg

In a few weeks I am off to my hairdresser (Hannah at Toni and Guy, Southampton) to have my hair matched to the exact colour of my hairpiece, or near enough. I am a regular mousey brown and my hair is very fine. When I have it coloured though it always looks much thicker, thankfully. So that’s the hair.

IMGP1453-1.jpg

I hope it doesn't look ridiculous on me. I tried it at the wedding fayre and I was so happy, so I hope I feel the same on the day!

Now, make-up. Despite being able to talk ad infinitum in front of judges, people I’ve never met and Ofsted inspectors, when it comes to being the centre of attention for my own personal reasons (Birthday parties and so on) I am hopeless and turn as red as rudolph’s nose. Not just my face, but my neck too, and my chest! Ana is prepared though and has promised to cover me in this green foundation to combat my panic.

beetroot420.jpg

….ahhh… these guys have nothing on me!

So, as I will have a professional on hand, I am desperate, absolutely desperate to have the make-up that I dream of. I want false lashes, eyeliner and beautiful eyeshadow. Before that, I will be shopping at the Chanel counter this week to buy some eyeshadow, lipstick and foundation to pack with me for the rest of the vacation.

My trouble is that in the shop they fix me with some foundation and smile at me like it looks okay and then I get home and apply it and I look orange. I am deceptively white ~ I look darker than I actually am, and this is what causes me to look orange when I get home.:confused3

Anyway, enough rambling about that.

I have bought some beautiful nail polish from the Chanel range, called Ballerina.

129931317_o.jpg

It comes out as a very pale pink. I love it for my toes!

At some point Carolyn Allens should arrive to do the steaming ~ 3 bridesmaids, 2 flower girls, Gav’s tuxedo, my dress and veil, my second dress, two fathers, three groomsmen and we’re done!

I may be shipping my dress over when it's weighed so that it's with Carolyn Allen's safely ahead of time.

My Dress

My dress is called Demi and it's a part of the Hollywood Dreams India Collection.

DemiSide.jpg

DemiFront.jpg

DemiTop.jpg

It's ivory apparently but it's very, very light. There are crystals dotted all over the pick-ups, with tiny details surrounding each one. It's exquisite!

At the planning session we put the fabric swatch against the ivory materials and it made them look yellow. So, it's closer to white. The detail is amazing.

Here's me in it, before the fitting, months ago…. For some reason, trying this dress on makes me stand with my hands on my hips like I'm the Queen of the World. I love it. I smile whenever it's near me.... *sigh*

Meandthedress.jpg

I have my first fitting tomorrow. I've been to try MY dress on ~ the one in the picture above was the shop sample. Anyhow, I had such a panic when I tried MY one on as the back was stitched oddly and the train kept crumpling to the back of me like a bed sheet. Luckily the manageress was there (the seamstress) and she came and fixed it.

I'm 21lbs lighter now than the above photo, so hopefully it will look better! The skirt will also fluff out so it will be huge! So, more picture of the dress soon!

I've had quite a dilemma with my shoes, and been through a fair few pairs...

Here's the run-down from 3 to 1.

These shoes I think will cause me pain when my feet get hot underneath my gown, I'll have to think of somewhere else to wear them:

dypassion-1.jpg

I’m taller than Gavin in these shoes, but they're gorgeous and I'll wear them at some point:

Scarlet_DS_600benjaminadams-1.jpg

These are the shoes! They are much sparklier than they look!!! :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

pinkpoutshoes.jpg

I have to get them dyed yet, but at the moment these are the shoes I am taking to my dress fitting and wearing for the ceremony! Gavin is happy that I am shorter than him in these :lovestruc :lovestruc

I have quite a few jewels for my wedding as I'm not sure what will match my dress. Here are a few of them:

My Cinderella Kirstie Kelly necklace. I love this, but I need a different chain for it to go on. The one it's on is quite dark and too chunky for me.

Cinderellajewel.png

Here's my tiara ~ nothing special like this, but on my head I feel like a princess!

IMGP1447.jpg

I think these earrings will go well with my tiara:

30ernestjones.jpg

My Cinderella bracelet ~ very big. I feel a bit like a Rapper wearing it, but it is so beautiful!

SwarovskiCinderellaBracelt1.jpg

So, at the moment I'm wearing the tiara, the necklace with a lighter chain and I'll buy the earrings. Not sure about the bracelet, although I would like to wear one. I don't know if it's too much though.

Wow everything looks great! You look beautiful in your dress- congrats on 21lbs:yay: Your jewelry is beautiful too! Have fun at your fittings! i cant believe mine are over :faint: The next time I put mine on will be my wedding!! I bring the dress home in 10 days!

I am staying alone at the BC the night before my wedding! :yay: I would go with your Friend (Andrea?) sounds like that would have alot of meaning to you! Good luck with the decision!

Great update!:surfweb: (its funny that actually is what I look like this am!)

Wow everything looks great! You look beautiful in your dress- congrats on 21lbs:yay: Your jewelry is beautiful too! Have fun at your fittings! i cant believe mine are over :faint: The next time I put mine on will be my wedding!! I bring the dress home in 10 days!

I am staying alone at the BC the night before my wedding! :yay: I would go with your Friend (Andrea?) sounds like that would have alot of meaning to you! Good luck with the decision!

Great update!:surfweb: (its funny that actually is what I look like this am!)

Aww, thanks ~ and thanks for the advice! :)

10 days until your dress comes home ~ how exciting! I am really looking forward to seeing my dress again. It makes me so sad when I have to leave it.... :rotfl:

Beautiful dress and the jewelry is very nice as well. I like all three pairs of shoes. Can I ask where can you get the first pair? I am having trouble finding shoes and those are great!

I just found your pj, your plans are all coming along. I love your dress, and the tee shirts are great.
PS it was so nice to see a picture of the croc hunter, we just visited the zoo and it was an amazing place.

Hi

I can not believe i have only just found your PJ!!

We have so much in common. I am also from the UK and marrying a Gavin on 1/10/08.

Your dress is so lovely. I was going to have a hollywood dreams dress as they are amazing!!
Love the wedding ring as well.

My Gav wants to wear a white suit but we have hired ours here in the uk as we need them for a party when we get back. Gav has put aside an Ivory Morning suit but my dress is white so we feel his suit may look yellow next to my dress, he is really disspointed by this :mad:
I am not sure what we will do but i am learing with this wedding planning there is always a solution to every probelm.

Can not wait to hear more about your plans!!!

You'll be at the Grand on the Day of my wedding!! We check in on the 5th.. the day of your wedding, I'll watch for you..Look out for us too , the ceremony is at 5, and I will be in the lobby for pics.. plus we will be at whitehall... see you there!

WOW! Your dress is gorgeous on you!! LOVE the jewelry and tiara,too. Everything is coming together so beautifully! Cant' wait to see more pix. :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter